AKG k702 VS Sennheiser HD650: which would work better for my taste?
Dec 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #61 of 71
Quote:

You must be careful with this logic, as the townspeople may soon emerge with their torches and pitchforks! Kidding aside, I have wondered this myself. One thing that get's me too is how the new expensive cables almost always make the sound not just different, but "better." *Shrug* I personally like aftermarket cables for their aesthetic value, anything other than that is a bonus.

Right, I am asking for explanation not giving an opinion. It is like a high-way is the exit is small, it make no differences if the road is wide. What is the magic? I also look at my headphone like Grado and HD650 cable I am sure these are very high grade cable. I then look at the 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter, inside they look cheap probably cheap steel/cable then there are the headphone connected inside the Amp/DAP I am sure they are lightly bad of cheaper material so why do cable matters? Again, I am a believer of cable but I don't understand this part.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #63 of 71
Quote:
That's one way of putting it :wink:

Listening to the HD650 make me relax and sleep, listening to the Grado bring tears out of me :)
I need both..

When I want excitement I drink Vodka, when I want relaxing I drink smooth beer. Now, where is my champagne? Maybe the K702? 

Jan 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #64 of 71
After listening to Akg k702 for two days through my rpac and fiio e9k I found the HD650 too harsh. You could see that the HD650 will let you know when a recording is a flac or low quality MP3. Found the hd650 very detailed but unforgiving. I was mainly listening to spotify and the songs that sound great on k702 sounded low quality as if you would be missing something.

Jan 27, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #65 of 71
i always felt it was the other way around, with the akg's making bad recordings sound worse than the hd 650s. although i guess the hd 650s are more transparent overall. however, i would never consider the hd 650s harsh, they are extremely forgiving of poor recordings, much more than any other headphone i've heard (in similar price range/performance)

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #66 of 71
Made some changes to the gain setting on my fiio9k and now the HD 650 sounds much better. For the HD 650 high gain settings best on the fiio. Akg can't compete with the HD650 on high gain. Also put an expensive £50 USB cable, that made a huge difference in the sound coming from the rpac headphone jack. I have done a BSc in Computer Science so know all about digital transmission vs analog so please spare me the 0's and 1's lecture. It just works.

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #67 of 71
Whoever thought to put those bumps on the K701 deserves to have fingers wagged at him to say the very least.

That tiny and unnecessary addition turns a great headphone into one that is completely unwearable for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #68 of 71
It depends on the size and shape of head, the bumps don't annoy me unless i'm wearing them for more than 2 albums worth of time.

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #69 of 71
Quote:
It depends on the size and shape of head, the bumps don't annoy me unless i'm wearing them for more than 2 albums worth of time.

You say that as if it's not a flaw.

Such an unnessecary additition to a headphne as random torture bumps on the headband that really have no need to be there, only affect the product negatively, and result in moderate discomfort for some and severe discomfort for others is a stupid decision whichever way you slice it.

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #70 of 71
In simple terms, I found the HD650's sounded like I was wearing headphones, the AKG's didn't, much more speaker like... Oh and the bumps? For me personally, no pain/discomfort whatsoever.

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #71 of 71
I sold my HD650 due to its uncomfortable head-clamp feeling .. for me a no go.
Besides I didn`t like them very much of the in my opinion way to dark high frequencies

I have heard that this dark-treble-issue is probably solved after a silent update

greetings from vienna/austria

Users who are viewing this thread

Back