AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Jan 31, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #1,067 of 3,395
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xy3T6FrDP0&list=PL7B271D4B511CFD37

The bass on this track is very impressive on the Annie. I highly doubt the non-Annies can produce it as faithfully.

Lovely... Just lovely

Thank you sir. I'm now using it to push my D5000's and HE-400's through my e17 and yes.... It is wonderful

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #1,068 of 3,395
Quote:
Mine just arrived, #896.  Sounds nice (bass very nice) right out of box (using my Mogami homemade cable). First thing I noticed was that they feel more secure on your head than my old 702s (3d pads) due to the band and the memory foam's fit around my ears. Very nice. Gonna burn them in for awhile.  The seller on Amazon's price keeps bouncing around.. feel lucky that I caught them at $409.. don't think I'd love as much at $499, but mostly cause I'm broke!

Do you still have the original K-702 with you?

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #1,070 of 3,395
Hello, just joined headfi.

I got my annies about week ago, sn 555 :)

Sounds pretty nice straight from maranz avr. I am thinking on placing order at MF M1 HPA to get some quality sound out of akgs. Anyone got this amp with annies? Or is there other good suggestions at that price where i would get also preouts to my genelec monitors.

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #1,071 of 3,395
Quote:

I got my annies about week ago, sn 555
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds pretty nice straight from maranz avr. I am thinking on placing order at MF M1 HPA to get some quality sound out of akgs. Anyone got this amp with annies? Or is there other good suggestions at that price where i would get also preouts to my genelec monitors.

Essence One (Muses?)

I like them together, and it has the pre outs for the genelecs (I have genelecs as well :D but only the 6010a's and they are RCA not xlr, but the E1 has the XLR balanced out for the bigger genelecs)

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,072 of 3,395
Quote:
Can someone do me a favor and tell me if they hear a weird rumbling static noise in the right ear,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLbRpObZFGQ&t=0m41s

listen for about 15 seconds (some of you may have to up the volume), my DT990 & HD650 do not have this might be the frequency

Listen to this to, https://soundcloud.com/vallymusic/zedd-clarity-feat-foxes-v-y I hear it at the begining right ear only. To the person who responded using DT770's that is not what I asked ONLY if you have the K702-65s as I do not hear it on DT990's / HD650's

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,073 of 3,395
Essence One (Muses?)

I like them together, and it has the pre outs for the genelecs (I have genelecs as well :D but only the 6010a's and they are RCA not xlr, but the E1 has the XLR balanced out for the bigger genelecs)

Oh very nice pics there and solid set. I got 8030a's and been using them with mf v-dac ii, just with xlr-rca cables.

That asus got really good connectivity, just wondering about headphone amp.

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #1,074 of 3,395
Quote:

I got my annies about week ago, sn 555
smily_headphones1.gif

Always nice to get triple repeating digits with collectors products, though it's just an arbitrary number it'll increase the value of your particular unit by a lot lol.

Jan 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #1,075 of 3,395
So I got mine in the mail today. I got it early at work so the package was sitting by my desk all day and couldn't listen to it. Actually I could have since my HDP is at work but I don't think my manager would have approved a full sized headphone at work..

It took some searching to find the serial number but mine is the upper 800's. I don't knows if it is the number of units since it's quite a lot sold since it was announced. I don't think it was announced that long ago but I could be wrong.

In terms of sound so far so good. I do wish I still have the 501 to compare but not really any competition with my HD800 and HE6 being in different price brackets and also both are running off their own setup.

Jan 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #1,076 of 3,395
Essence One (Muses?)

Those are some stupidly sexy images. Do you mind if I use the first one for my gaming guide? I'll use it and credit you now. I
l'll remove it if it bothers you.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #1,077 of 3,395
Quote:
Those are some stupidly sexy images. Do you mind if I use the first one for my gaming guide? I'll use it and credit you now. I
l'll remove it if it bothers you.

Go ahead and use it, you don't have to credit me either.

Edit: BUT you have to listen to this song with your k702-65's and tell me if you hear weird static in the right here within the first 5 seconds and then its gone https://soundcloud.com/vallymusic/zedd-clarity-feat-foxes-v-y so I know if I have to warranty mine or not lol.

or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLbRpObZFGQ&t=0m41s

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #1,078 of 3,395
Dude, you following Chillstep or MrSuicideSheep?

I hear weird static at around :55. Sounds like part of the song, because when the beat drops, it stops for a moment, then starts again.

Is there any other song you think you have a problem area in that isn't part of the song?

Don't know what you want me to hear on the Ellie Goulding song. I don't hear anything.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #1,079 of 3,395
Oh, for the first song, the first 5 seconds has background hiss only if you listen real loud... that's innate in the song, for sure.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #1,080 of 3,395
Quote:
Dude, you following Chillstep or MrSuicideSheep?

I hear weird static at around :55. Sounds like part of the song, because when the beat drops, it stops for a moment, then starts again.

Is there any other song you think you have a problem area in that isn't part of the song?

Don't know what you want me to hear on the Ellie Goulding song. I don't hear anything.

Yea, MrSuicide sheep is where the Zedd Remix came from and thats where I heard the static again, is it right ear only for you to (within first 5 seconds)?
In the Ellie Goulding song it is harder to hear because there is a lot more other noise happening but it happens after about 0:42. 

I hear none of this though on the dt990 or hd650

...I think it is the headphones as I recored the sound mono with my Rode Procaster by placing it in the right ear cup and then listened back and still only heard it in the right ear,

what is weird is I do not hear it with other headphones even though it has been recorded which makes me thing it is something to do with the frequency... but only the right ear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back