AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Nov 23, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #286 of 3,394
I use my Q701 with a very modest +2db bass boost from my E17, and with the +2db bass boost I think there is plenty of bass for most of the music I listen to. I can even listen to vocal trance and dubstep on them with a +4db bass boost. The bass has punch and does dig rather deep as well. My Q701 with the E17 also is the best quality bass I've heard. There is a lot of texture and detail in the bass region, even more so than on my old HD650/HeadRoom amp/dac combo. 
Quote:

How do they measure?

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #287 of 3,394
Quote:
Amazing bass on these cans. I don't see how other than serious bassheads can say that this line lacks bass. Goes very deep with consistency and accuracy, which surprised me. Though I don't really listen to music with information down there, I just had to try for laughs. 

I second that. Been listening some vibrasphere and koan for the awesome sub bass. The (low) mid bass is also tight as hell. What can I say other than I really love these cans. Maybe, apart from just laughs, you could try some ambient chillout for relaxing :wink:

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #288 of 3,394
Quote:
I use my Q701 with a very modest +2db bass boost from my E17, and with the +2db bass boost I think there is plenty of bass for most of the music I listen to.

I use my 65's with 0 on bass and +2 on treble. Lots of sweet bass with these settings.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #289 of 3,394
Quote:

How do they measure?

The K701 and Q701 measure really well for their price. I'd like to see measurements of the sixtyfivers to see whether some design in it has cleared any of the issues I had with a K701, because according my to my hearing there are big enough differences.. And there weren't many issues to begin with.

Maybe I'll send my pair to Purrin :)

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #290 of 3,394
Guys, they are getting cheaper every day. I found them on Ebay for USD 450 and even in Australia they are much cheaper than through most EU sellers, AUD 439 only.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AKG-K702-65th-Anniversary-Edition-Professional-Headphones-BRAND-NEW-/281028235369?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item416e969069

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #293 of 3,394
Also would be very interesting to know which amps K702 Ann users have.

I'm using mine on a older Yamaha receiver or an Objective2. I prefer the Yamaha, it might be just a tad on the warm side of neutral, but they sound good on the O2 as well. I wish I still had the Burson 160 or the Bryston amps that I've sold to try them with, but I think they would work with anything the other 701/702 models work with. I'm thinking about a Woo WA6 but still looking at other options.

Nov 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #294 of 3,394
Really? Sounds weird. I called there couple of times before ordering my 65's and they were super friendly. I could call them and ask around if you are still interested?

Thanks that would be great. I haven’t tried calling yet. I was not sure if they would speak English and so sent emails.

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #295 of 3,394
Quote:
Thanks that would be great. I haven’t tried calling yet. I was not sure if they would speak English and so sent emails.

I'll call them first thing tomorrow morning.

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #296 of 3,394
I hope someone measures these soon. I bet you $50 they measure exactly the same as the Q701 but sound much different
normal_smile .gif

Now do they have as much bass as the HD-650? Haha, that'd be funny. This 650 I have is actually only sightly above neutral bass. Makes no sense..
Since it has the bass quantity of my favorite DJ100, i'm pretty happy about that!

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #298 of 3,394
I'll call them first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the help. Today I got a reply from them. Looks like it is going to cost 100 euros to ship them to UK :frowning2: maybe ill have to wait for a UK seller to get me a good price. Thanks for all the efforts. They told me that they have 15 in stock in case someone is interested.

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #299 of 3,394
Quote:
Thanks for the help. Today I got a reply from them. Looks like it is going to cost 100 euros to ship them to UK
frown.gif
maybe ill have to wait for a UK seller to get me a good price. Thanks for all the efforts. They told me that they have 15 in stock in case someone is interested.

I'm sorry for this. It's kind of disgusting how expensive the Finnish postal services are. When I bought my cans there were only 3 pairs left, which hopefully means that the stocks are filling up (internationally) and the prices are coming down. Lets keep posting good sellers and deals here so that all of us interested can get pair of 65's for a reasonable price (reasonable for me being the price of K702's + 100 euros or so).

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #300 of 3,394
 Yeah, thats a lot.

I am checking the online prices every day, no changes at the moment and I guess that the price may go down again somewhere at the beginning of the next year, but thats only my guess of course...

Quote:
Thanks for the help. Today I got a reply from them. Looks like it is going to cost 100 euros to ship them to UK
frown.gif
maybe ill have to wait for a UK seller to get me a good price. Thanks for all the efforts. They told me that they have 15 in stock in case someone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back