AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Nov 21, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #272 of 3,395
Quote:
European product cost lower in US than in EU

Not sure but I think St. Paul's Sound ships outside Finland: http://www.stpaulssound.fi/kauppa/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_23&products_id=5396&language=en

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #273 of 3,395
Quote:
10hz on their webpage and 8hz in it's PDF.
Not like anyone cares about such a small difference anyway. Must be just a typo.

And not the only typo. The system features also say the connector to be gold plated stereo jack plug 6.3mm (1/4") and the adapter a gold plated convertible jack plug (1/4" to 1/8").

Just to get things right, the connector is actually a gold plated stereo plug 3.5mm (1/8") and the adapter just a standard gold plated stereo plug 6.3mm (1/8" to 1/4") with a thread.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #275 of 3,395
Assuming that you burn them like 5-10 hours a day at least, they must have something around 30-60 already, hopefully more.
ksc75smile.gif
I know that this is way to early to say the last, but your very first impressions vs. Q701 and K702 are more than welcome, if possible please.

THX

Quote:
I am burning it in right now, but initial fitting is the anniversary version has softer pads.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #276 of 3,395
I just called one of the local pro shops where they can be ordered and the price is EUR 600, pity...

Quote:

Not sure but I think St. Paul's Sound ships outside Finland: http://www.stpaulssound.fi/kauppa/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_23&products_id=5396&language=en

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #278 of 3,395
Quote:

I checked with them by mail. They were happy to ship to UK if i cover the shipping cost. I was happy to do it and they said that they will get back to me with shipping costs. Its been over a week and no reply. I have sent reminders. Hmm, loosing interest. It is expensive everywhere else in EU :frowning2:

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #279 of 3,395
Quote:
I checked with them by mail. They were happy to ship to UK if i cover the shipping cost. I was happy to do it and they said that they will get back to me with shipping costs. Its been over a week and no reply. I have sent reminders. Hmm, loosing interest. It is expensive everywhere else in EU :frowning2:

Really? Sounds weird. I called there couple of times before ordering my 65's and they were super friendly. I could call them and ask around if you are still interested?

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #281 of 3,395
Well, all these links with the same price tell us that the price now officially lowered, except local shop I called today, which doesnt have them in stock.

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #282 of 3,395
Amazing bass on these cans. I don't see how other than serious bassheads can say that this line lacks bass. Goes very deep with consistency and accuracy, which surprised me. Though I don't really listen to music with information down there, I just had to try for laughs. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #283 of 3,395
Quote:
I still wonder how they got the 65th to not be too "shouty" in the mids with flat pads.
If you use K601 pads on the Q701, the mids are very fatiguing. This isn't really noticeable until you listen to them for awhile.

I also thought that maybe the stock 65 pads compress, but with the way the K702/Q701 is designed, they probably don't compress that much at all.
Not like the XB500 anyway.

I guess the pad design itself is what allows the sound to not be ruined.

I told AKG on their Facebook page I want them to release the 65th in the USA so Santa can deliver one to me on Christmas..
No reply of course.

I'd be very worried that for me it'll be a step back from how my Q701 sounds. I'm guessing it won't be, but still have to wonder about that..
I mean the Q701 already has enough bass for me. I mean, maybe if it has more low-bass, but that's probably impossible with the same driver.
I guess the 65th is rated at 8hz and the Q701 is at 10hz
biggrin.gif

Good point...looks like the 65 foam in side the pads can be different compare to the 702's foam pads. It's hard to say with AKG, they never announce about the all
changes, or the differences between the versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back