AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Apr 20, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #3,316 of 3,395
Hey guys got the creative X7 LE

Which would be the right settings for this?

Normal gain (less than 600ohm)
High gain(300-600 ohm)

Still not sure what direct play does, but I have an adapter to fit I to the bigger jacket would that be smarter?

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #3,317 of 3,395

Basically the Anniversary was a small run of the K712 before the K712 was produced. 

I think so.
Yet another revelation serving as evidence of K712+small bass boost=Massdrop K7XX.

May 13, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #3,318 of 3,395
I just got my K702 Annies (2014 version that came with K712 style pads) back from Tyll at Inner Fidelity. I sent them in for measurement as part of the Volunteer Headphones for Measurement program he has going. I don't see the measurements posted on his site yet, but he did include a print out in the box when he returned my cans.

Just eyeballing it, it looks like they're nearly identical to the K712s. I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but if I remember correctly, the only noticeable difference was the Annies had slightly better %THD+noise @ 100dB. I'd like to get a digital copy of the measurements and overlay them for a more precise comparison. Hopefully Tyll uploads them soon. If not, I can scan my copy for you guys, although I'd want to run it by Tyll first in case there's some reason he's holding off on sharing his results.

May 13, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #3,319 of 3,395
  I just got my K702 Annies (2014 version that came with K712 style pads) back from Tyll at Inner Fidelity. I sent them in for measurement as part of the Volunteer Headphones for Measurement program he has going. I don't see the measurements posted on his site yet, but he did include a print out in the box when he returned my cans.

Just eyeballing it, it looks like they're nearly identical to the K712s. I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but if I remember correctly, the only noticeable difference was the Annies had slightly better %THD+noise @ 100dB. I'd like to get a digital copy of the measurements and overlay them for a more precise comparison. Hopefully Tyll uploads them soon. If not, I can scan my copy for you guys, although I'd want to run it by Tyll first in case there's some reason he's holding off on sharing his results.

Cool findings! I've heard from a few people they later versions are identical to the K712. Maybe I should contact Tyll to send out my early production set.

May 13, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #3,320 of 3,395

Cool findings! I've heard from a few people they later versions are identical to the K712. Maybe I should contact Tyll to send out my early production set.

Yeah, I wonder if Tyll just hasn't uploaded the results because it seems they're basically the same cans as the K712s.

You should! I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) would love to see the results. And for what it's worth, Tyll took great care of my headphones. As long as you package them well you shouldn't have any problems (ziplock bag + a few layers of bubble wrap as per Tyll's instructions worked well for me).

May 13, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #3,321 of 3,395

Yeah, I wonder if Tyll just hasn't uploaded the results because it seems they're basically the same cans as the K712s.

You should! I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) would love to see the results. And for what it's worth, Tyll took great care of my headphones. As long as you package them well you shouldn't have any problems (ziplock bag + a few layers of bubble wrap as per Tyll's instructions worked well for me).

He typically takes a few weeks and updates everything at once on the site. So it'll probably show up in the next batch.

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #3,323 of 3,395
  More than 3 weeks and still no graph. It's taking too long and I'm really curious about the k702 65th similarities and differences with all the other K70x family.

Yeah, not sure what's taking so long. Tyll must be busy. Or maybe he wants to wait until he gets through all of the current volunteers and so he can release one big update. I just sent him an email, though. With his permission, I will scan my copy of the results for you guys.

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #3,325 of 3,395
FR looks closer to the K712 than the K7XX, but %THD+Noise looks about the same as the K7XX. Go figure. I think mine has marginally better square wave response than the others though.
biggrin.gif
 My drivers aren't quite as perfectly matched as the K712 Tyll measured, but I think the Tyll's K712 may have been a review sample provided by AKG themselves, which could explain the exceptional driver matching. If you look at the K7XX, which was also sent in for measurement by another volunteer, the driver matching looks about on par with my Annies maybe even slightly worse.

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #3,327 of 3,395
Thank you again. Graph has been posted for the K702 65th Anniversary Edition 2014.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AKGK70265thAnvEd2014.pdf

Also, there's a new graph for the K702 and now all the K70x family has been measured:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-data-sheet-downloads

Jun 13, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #3,328 of 3,395
Hello there, a guy from the forum told me to ask here what kind of headphones AMP should I use for my K702
I use mainly for listening music and I use it on pc with a Soundblaster Z soundcard.
In case this was the original topic: http://www.head-fi.org/t/771189/do-i-need-an-amp-for-akg-k702
Thanks in advance

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #3,329 of 3,395
since my original earpads are already really worn off and not very "memory able", does anyone know any earpads for the K702 except the original 50 Bucks/piece ones?
Maybe some "chinese" gel earpads or a cheaper akg alternative? (do these for example work?: http://www.thomann.de/gb/akg_k240270271_velour_ohrpolster.htm) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back