AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Dec 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #3,167 of 3,395
not on amazon thou
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-ANNIVERSARY-Professional-Reference-Headphones/dp/B00AKGAWRU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387326167&sr=8-1&keywords=akg+702+65th
£424.13.  Incidently i'm talking of UK, more expensive over here

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #3,170 of 3,395
Interesting. It's an easy thing to change. I wonder what other people's thoughts are on it as well.

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #3,171 of 3,395
I might be just imagining things, but removing the two foam pads really took a veil off the sound also. There's quite a bit more attack and i seem to listen at a slightly lower volume now.

Will test it tomorrow! XD

Maybe later on hehe

UPDATE: Just tested it. IMO not a huge difference. More to come

UPDATE 2: Indeed it does get louder without the foam. I find it brighter as well.

UPDATE 3 [last]: Mid-bass suffers very very slightly without foam. Overall, the difference is subtle, although with the foam removed, things tend to sound very slightly airier.

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #3,172 of 3,395
Will test it tomorrow! XD

Maybe later on hehe

UPDATE: Just tested it. IMO not a huge difference. More to come

UPDATE 2: Indeed it does get louder without the foam. I find it brighter as well.

UPDATE 3 [last]: Mid-bass suffers very very slightly without foam. Overall, the difference is subtle, although with the foam removed, things tend to sound very slightly airier.

So, in your opinion, do you feel like it improves the signature?

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #3,175 of 3,395
  Hello guys, i need a quick advise please.
My Rabbit (that little ******* :wink: ) bit my AKG K702 AE cable...
Which one is the right to buy? I've only found one cable at AKG : http://www.akg.com/EK300-1280.html?pid=56
I'm going to repair the ruined one, but with such an expensive Headphone i want a flawless cable..

Thx for your help :)

minion1990,
If you want a shorter cable you can also search for "AKG EK500s", it's a 5m (16.5ft) coiled cable (~$40 USD) that is shorter in coiled form than the stock EK300 cable.  There are more expensive 3rd party cables like the Oyaide HPC-X35 (3.5mm-miniXLR) and HPC-X62 (6.2mm-miniXLR) cables in 1.3m and 2.5m variants.  I only have the stock EK300 and EK500s cables so I can't really comment on how good/bad the Oyaide cables are.  

Anyone,
I'm looking to upgrade the amp for my Annies with an eye on "future proofing" a bit for something that can also handle say... the Alpha Dogs.  Any recommendations in the $250 USD range that will pair well with the Annies?  I'm looking at the Schiit Asgard 2, although I've also read that the Matrix M-Stage pairs well with the Annies.  I'm currently driving my Annies with a Audioengine D1 + Fiio E09k amp and they do an okay job (much better than just a Fiio E17 or Audioengine D1 alone).    

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #3,176 of 3,395

Anyone,
I'm looking to upgrade the amp for my Annies with an eye on "future proofing" a bit for something that can also handle say... the Alpha Dogs.  Any recommendations in the $250 USD range that will pair well with the Annies?  I'm looking at the Schiit Asgard 2, although I've also read that the Matrix M-Stage pairs well with the Annies.  I'm currently driving my Annies with a Audioengine D1 + Fiio E09k amp and they do an okay job (much better than just a Fiio E17 or Audioengine D1 alone).    

What about the Schiit Vali? I also like the Matrix M-Stage quite a bit with mine, but the Vali gets a bit of nudge with the K702AE for me. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #3,179 of 3,395
  Got a replacement cable directly from the AKG Headquarter in Vienna for 19$

Nice. I thought for a second I was going to have to order a new one because my Blue Dragon V2 cable was acting up and I couldn't find the original.

I'm going to have to send that cable back to have it fixed because it cuts in and out when sitting in the K702. Anyone had to do this?

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #3,180 of 3,395
Can you pm me contact details? I'd quite like to have a new stock cable. I seem to have lost mine. (Been using an aftermarket cable.)

Thanks

C

I don't think that AKG/Harman Austria is the right place to ask for you.
I just wrote to service@akg.com and then they connected me to a person in my country. Since AKG was funded in Vienna it was relatively easy for me. 
The code for the cable should be 5021876 (told from an akg employee) or 2458M97060 (from the K702 AE pdf) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back