AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701?
Feb 7, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #62 of 237

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why did the black plastic MacBooks cost more than the white ones?

are you sure its not because they had more ram/memory. I actually have a black macbook, and now they don't make them anymore. Can anyone say "vintage"

It had the exact same specs and cost $150 more because it was black and because Apple knew people who pay just because. Computers don't really become vintage. They become obsolete and junk.

No, they definitely become vintage...  There's plenty of people that run old Apple, NeXT, IBM, etc. PCs for little reason other than as a hobby.  I wouldn't doubt that in 15-25 years the black MacBooks will go for twice as much on eBay as the white ones (although neither will be particularly expensive, of course).

How can you make that blind statement that they won't become vintage?

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #64 of 237

Quote:
Heavy delusional thread, Maybe is AKG that create this confusion with the Q series.

Maybe it could also be because nobody really wants to give them a chance here, and
who knows, they might no be that bad. If people can overlook AKG's reason for making
the Q-Series and the esthetic differences (Color) they could find out they actually like 
like them; and what's wrong with that? People can buy whatever they want and share
it here.
Thanks   

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #65 of 237
We don't take kindly to stylish 'phones 'round these parts.
wink.gif
  Seriously though, from what I can gather the Q701 has a smoother top-end with stronger emphasis in the lower frequencies, thus addressing two of the biggest complaints of the K701.  And remember the MSRP of the Q701 is LESS than the standard K701/2(479.99 and 539.99 respectively) so it's likely in time the Q701 will have a street price similar to the K701.

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #66 of 237
I have read the same  on the Q701 vs the K701. After giving this a lot of thought, I have decided to buy the Q701 this week. I currently own the k702, so this is not an easy choice to make, but I have a buyer for the 702 lined up so I have little downside. Once I get them I'll burn them in for about 100 hours and then post my impressions. 

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #67 of 237

Quote:
I have read the same  on the Q701 vs the K701. After giving this a lot of thought, I have decided to buy the Q701 this week. I currently own the k702, so this is not an easy choice to make, but I have a buyer for the 702 lined up so I have little downside. Once I get them I'll burn them in for about 100 hours and then post my impressions. 

Thank you very very much. If you don't mind could you please post any of your impressions
in a new thread. It'd be best for you as well as Head-fi'ers, audio enthusiasts and visitors alike.
After reading all my posts and replies I realized how rude and inconsiderate I was being
and it made me look domineering and contemptuous.
So my only advice to you is to not post any replies here because people will either ignore it
or not take you seriously.
Thank you,
Andrew, 15
A1811

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #68 of 237
I'm still not sure any impressions are going to be very valid without new pads on both - the driver distance from the ear can and does have a perceptible impact on the sound, and the pads wear over time.

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #69 of 237
My 702's are a little over 1 year old and do not get daily use. I primarily listen to my HD800's. Whatever wear may have occured over time is most likely minimal. I will take Andrew's advice and start a new thread when ready.

Feb 8, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #70 of 237
Quote:Originally Posted by Audiophile1811 

"Thank you very very much. If you don't mind could you please post any of your impressionsin a new thread. It'd be best for you as well as Head-fi'ers, audio enthusiasts and visitors alike.After reading all my posts and replies I realized how rude and inconsiderate I was beingand it made me look domineering and contemptuous.So my only advice to you is to not post any replies here because people will either ignore itor not take you seriously.Thank you,Andrew, 15A1811"

Apology accepted. I look forward to your contributions.

Peace,

Ross

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #71 of 237
5 years and going strong! 15" Macbook Pro. The first Intel processors.

Quote:
Has anyone here owned a MacBook for more than four or five years?
Apple have not made a black MacBook in a while so I was just curious.
Thanks

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #75 of 237
bumpin this thread because macbob never posted his review like he said he would and i'm on the verge of ordering either of the 3 models.  currently on amazon they're all the same price:  Quincy jones black (255$), the white being (279$)..  i read that they used something aluminum instead of copper on the quincy models, so i will probably be picking the white pair up.  i've never owned any high-end headphones though so this will be a new experience for me, hopefully the asus essence stx soundcard i have with the built in headphone amp will work efficiently.  i'll let you guys know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back