AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701?
Feb 3, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #16 of 237

Quote:
Quote:
Can anyone prove that they sound "exactly the same" through a full review?
And anybody who gives a review must own the Q701 and must not be K701/K702
owners who just speculate on something they clearly do not have. 
Thanks,
A1811

Nobody here really has any interest in paying an additional $100+ for a different color...

But here's one comparison:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-q701premium-class-reference-headphones-quincy-jones-signature-line

His verdict appears to be mixed/little to no difference after burn in.

I prefer the dark color, but you can get the 701.
k701smile.gif

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #17 of 237

Quote:
k701smile.gif

Well, I have nothing against the K702  - except that it too costs way more in Europe.  In the US it's similarly priced, of course...

Personally I don't like the navy blue color of the K702.  I'm not the biggest fan of white, either.

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #18 of 237

Quote:
Quote:
k701smile.gif

Well, I have nothing against the K702  - except that it too costs way more in Europe.  In the US it's similarly priced, of course...

Personally I don't like the navy blue color of the K702.  I'm not the biggest fan of white, either.

You can try FS forum, around $200 or ebay $240.

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #19 of 237

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
k701smile.gif

You can try FS forum, around $200 or ebay $240.

For what?  That doesn't make sense.  I definitely don't want navy blue!  I prefer white, although I don't think I want to get the K701 anyway.

And I have to pay 25% tax on anything I get from outside the EU - even used.  In Sweden it's cheaper to buy the K701 from Germany than it is to get it from anywhere else.

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #20 of 237
"Nobody here really has any interest in paying an additional $100+ for a different color"

Sorry, But if someone wants to, let them respond to my question.
And to everyone else, maybe an owner of both, please just try to
respond to my question.

I could at least be a little more grateful,
again sincerely A1811,
Thanks  

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #21 of 237

Quote:
"Nobody here really has any interest in paying an additional $100+ for a different color"

Sorry, But if someone wants to, let them respond to my question.
And to everyone else, maybe an owner of both, please just try to
respond to my question.

I could at least be a little more grateful,
again sincerely A1811,
Thanks  

If you'd so kindly notice, I linked to a review directly comparing them...

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #22 of 237

Feb 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #27 of 237
The 70x are the same headphone, just different color and detachable cable. The Q line is a cheesy way of squeezing as much as they can out of the old technology while everybody else is putting out higher performance headphones.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #29 of 237
A search will show that the M-Stage and K70X's match up very well.

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #30 of 237
Quote:
The 70x are the same headphone, just different color and detachable cable. The Q line is a cheesy way of squeezing as much as they can out of the old technology while everybody else is putting out higher performance headphones.

It's not that old, and who said new is better?  I do agree that the Q line is just a reason to get more money out of people with limited effort.  AKG needs to spending the resources to produce something totally new rather then using the resources to rebrand headphones (in icky colors).  [Something totally new, but something that is better than their usual new stuff].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back