AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Sep 30, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #107 of 4,058
Well our perception of the frequency response will change, but not the response of the IEM itself which is what is being measured. 

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #108 of 4,058

Quote:
Well our perception of the frequency response will change, but not the response of the IEM itself which is what is being measured. 

Exactly....and now I want these. Probably I will get angry because I can't find where to buy. Colette.fr is selling them too expensive and Headphone Bar only ships to Canada.
mad.gif

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #109 of 4,058
Quote:

Actually both perception change, our perception and the driver too, it's good to see how the driver behaves at low level, so I can guess whether or not I can still hear those bass or not.

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #110 of 4,058
Audition these IEM from Stereo in Singapore 5 times against my UM Miracle (twice), LCD2 (not mine, tried their demo once), JH16 (just arrived, clocked 25hrs, compared twice) and yesterday I reserved a set myself because I heard the first shipment stocks are limited. 

Never found the AKG3003 bright as some heard especially compared to the miracle, in fact I didn't find the miracle comparable in any aspect except the fact that it offers a better fit. I'm more of a speaker audio nowadays but I would still appreciate some decent music on the go. That's when I got the UM Miracle and shortly after got the JH16 because the Miracle didn't quite impress me as it's reviews did. The JH16 was better, better soundstage and more balanced overall. Now, why spend so much on a universal one may ask, well the AKG 3003 made almost if not all music in my iphone sound great direct, no amp, no extra, not even complys. My only complain to AKG is the wire from the splitter to the left and right could have been something of more durable material, maybe kevlar reinforced or something.

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #111 of 4,058

Quote:
Quote:
Actually both perception change, our perception and the driver too, it's good to see how the driver behaves at low level, so I can guess whether or not I can still hear those bass or not.

Correct.  The driver too, which is why measurements usually use a standard dB.  I believe purrin and Tyll use the same standard.

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #114 of 4,058
Quote:
That's when I got the UM Miracle and shortly after got the JH16 because the Miracle didn't quite impress me as it's reviews did. The JH16 was better, better soundstage and more balanced overall.

Wow. Even with four bass drivers you still consider the JH 16 Pro more balanced? I guess everyone's experience is different huh
wink_face.gif

I only wish I could hear them for myself, as well as the K3003's.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #116 of 4,058
Had the pleasure of being able to listen to the K3003. It is about on par with the UM Miracle with the High Filter on, edging out a little on the treble detail and bass texture/ naturalness of the sound. With the high filter, the mid mids to treble are forward and aggressive sounding, and the treble can be seen as harsh to some. 

What is disappointing is the complete lack of a soundstage in a traditional sense. It does not have the kind of soundstage of  Westone 4, SE535, SM3 or even a UM3x as commonly reviewed and commented on here on Head Fi. What it does have instead is a n excellent sense of  depth , transparency and separation, similar to a Turbine Pro Gold but better done- one can visualise the singer as in front of the background instruments and pinpoint sound from its location around the stage, but in the end they still seem stuck on a background wall like flies on sticky paper, trying to break free but restricted by the lack of spacing and "air". Hard to describe in words though.

Second word on the separation. Excellent. Unparalleled , even by the UM3x. BEST FEATURE (imo). If I remember correctly they edge out even the UM Miracle Demo. Even on modern pop songs, one can hear the  different 'tracks' present within the song accurately and clearly, and if focused on they stand out individually and are not muddied by the other 'tracks'. Lossless songs were used, for reference. Without focusing on the individual components on the song, the tracks are interlaced and sort of blend together well , but still not enough for causal, relaxing, non-discriminating laidback listen (IMO only.)

All impressions are done with Highs enhancer filter. The Neutral is nothing special and Bass enhancer filter I did not deem it worth my while as I am not a basshead. 

Oct 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #118 of 4,058
I wonder how they sound compared to the PFE 232 that I just bought...Soon I will have the chance to try them, a swiss AKG dealer is going to let me try one during one week. Will give my impressions....

Oct 26, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #120 of 4,058

Quote:
I wonder how they sound compared to the PFE 232 that I just bought...Soon I will have the chance to try them, a swiss AKG dealer is going to let me try one during one week. Will give my impressions....

I'm quite interested to see that. Seems to have a lot of great options here. ATH launched the CK100 Pro, Phonak with their PFE232, AKG and this expensive piece with an amazing design. I can't even choose one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back