AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Feb 20, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #3,931 of 4,058
I have been looking for the k3003i new for $500 or under for a couple months and I can’t find them for less than $620ish.
Where is the best place to look or do you remember where you’ve seen them for that price?
Hi! There is a store in Stockholm called Reference Audio that sold it for 4500kr boxed. It now goes for 4750kr (limited stock) In Jan, there was a HeadFi listing of the AKG at 550 USD (claimed 1 month use). I would suggest check HeadFi forums or less known hifi stores that have demo units or are trying to clear stock for the N5005.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #3,935 of 4,058
Alo Audio CDM with pair of sylvania gold brand 602I tubes make the k3003i sound glorious! Sounds like I am listening to a full size tube amp with full size cans! This is a great pairing that I can't get enough of!

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #3,937 of 4,058
The sound is well balanced and clear, but the build is not very lasting.
I must have a dud set then - used heavily since 2012 and still in perfect condition...Like anything, treat them well and they’ll last.

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #3,942 of 4,058
I'd just like to share my opinion about the k3003. This wasnt really my first option but it became my only option once i found out that my FAD AKr02 (removable cable version of FI BA SS) was defective (left monitors' seal was hollow) and i have to say i prefer the akr02 waaaay more than these. It sounded more resolving, transparent, heaps and bounds better bass, isolation (atleast on the non defective monitor) was very good treble was less peakier and dont get me started with the mids (so perfect!) tbh it sounded very similar to the andros. On the other hand the k3003 was well, quite underwhelming when i first used it but the first thing i noticed when listening to it was the soundstage and the timbre (at this point i was listening to them right out of the box) though the "s" on both female and male artists was close to unbearable. I'll post a post-impression once i get a bit more attenuated to its sound (note that ill only be using the reference tips since i found both the high and bass boost lacking in resolution compared to the akr02 oh and another thing, i dont have the akr02's anymore since i was required by the seller to return it before they could send the k3003).

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #3,943 of 4,058
Hi, i need some help.. i have found a pair of these for a good price, they are in they are in the white box, with the sticker with all those numbers on it. If the set has the white box can i conclude they are real or does the white box so nothing about the authenticy?

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #3,944 of 4,058
Hi, i need some help.. i have found a pair of these for a good price, they are in they are in the white box, with the sticker with all those numbers on it. If the set has the white box can i conclude they are real or does the white box so nothing about the authenticy?
If its not opened it could highly be authentic, mine came in a white box.

Jun 30, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #3,945 of 4,058
The knockoff ones sound basically the same to my ears. Though there might be multiple knockoffs. That's the problem with knockoffs, you never know which ones are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back