AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Jan 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #241 of 4,058

Quote:
^Heya chief Anax, have posted your impressions on the K3003 already? TIA.

Haven't heard it and might not for some time.  Darned curious though.

Jan 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #243 of 4,058
AKG3003i + Fostex HP-P1 + Ipod Touch + Itunes Match = Audio Bliss........
beyersmile.png

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #244 of 4,058
Quote:
AKG3003i + Fostex HP-P1 + Ipod Touch + Itunes Match = Audio Bliss........
beyersmile.png

Hmmm, the AKG's impedance is 8 Ohms. Going by the specs, I wouldn't opt for the HP-P1 with these phones. But why care about theory, if it sounds great for you in practice.

Quote:
The HP-P1 measures quite so-so with poor linearity in the frequency response on complex loads like multiple BA IEMs: http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/HPP1/gain1filter1.htm, http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/HPP1/gain1filter2.htm, and http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/HPP1/gain3filter2.htm. With its significantly nonzero output impedance it gets along better with higher impedance headphones.

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #245 of 4,058
According to the official Harmanaudio online store:

The world’s smallest three-way headphones, AKG® K 3003s deliver the astonishing accuracy, dynamics and realism of our flagship K 701 studio headphones. They simply must be heard to be believed. Exquisitely crafted in Vienna of the finest available materials, the K3003s are genuine engineering marvels, packing three advanced transducers into a streamlined form no larger than conventional two-way systems. If music is important to you, and you’ve been unwilling to compromise performance for portability, we understand completely. The K 3003 in-ear headphones have been designed with you in mind.

Hence, I presume the K3003 is, in a sense, the K701's IEM counterpart? Wish I had the opportunity to demo either one nearby my area, to get an idea for either one's intended sound signature.

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #246 of 4,058

Quote:
Hmmm, the AKG's impedance is 8 Ohms. Going by the specs, I wouldn't opt for the HP-P1 with these phones. But why care about theory, if it sounds great for you in practice.

Hi james444, thanks for sharing the info.  It sounds great in theory though.  Compared with my JH-16pro, it has better separation and sounds great with all genre of music.   I think comfort also plays a big role and i just love the small size and the feeling that you are almost wearing nothing on your ears.   I sold my T5P as I think the AKG 3003i almost sounds as good in portable set-up.

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #247 of 4,058
Well it's a fact that the Fostex will affect low impedance IEMs, dampening the sound. How much of an effect is hard to say, unless you graph the impedance phase of the AKG or have seen it graph with other DAPs as examples. Either way doesn't sound like a good idea since you can most likely get as good if not better sound with a cheaper source. 

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #248 of 4,058
If its sounds like K701 --- I'm not gonna like it :p I preferred the K501 w/ K701 pads over the K701 and eventually sold the K501 when I got the Fostex T50RP.
The Sony MDR-7550 sounded very similar to the Fostex T50RP.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #251 of 4,058
Jan 17, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #252 of 4,058
blink.gif
 Wow, I need some sleep...

For some reason, Google pulled that up as having been posted within the past 24 hours, and hence I completely overlooked the original date of the review. 
rolleyes.gif

My apologies fellas. 
redface.gif

P.S. I'll most probably pick these up as soon as they make their way over to the States. For now, they're 'on order' and expected soon with JR, while Harman will carry them in February.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #254 of 4,058

Quote:
P.S. I'll most probably pick these up as soon as they make their way over to the States. For now, they're 'on order' and expected soon with JR, while Harman will carry them in February.

The ones at JR are the K3003i with the inline remote. Don't know if that matters to you, but for me that's a turn off. I've been searching for the K3003 (non-i) but oddly AKG and many of their dealers seem to be clueless. I'll likely end up placing my order with the Asian market as a result, as Asia seems to be the only part of the world that readily has the non-i version at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back