AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Feb 2, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #2,266 of 4,058

it's called 'law of diminishing results'
tongue.gif

for 700$ , the K3003 is not a bargain (or maybe it is , considering i could have bought it in my country new for 1300$) but at least i am completely satisfied with its sound and my upgraditis for another TOTL is dormant for now.

I wish I could buy the 3003 non mic version for $700. It's very good price.

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #2,267 of 4,058
Quote:

it's called 'law of diminishing results'
tongue.gif

for 700$ , the K3003 is not a bargain (or maybe it is , considering i could have bought it in my country new for 1300$) but at least i am completely satisfied with its sound and my upgraditis for another TOTL is dormant for now.

That's why you keep asking about other TOTL phones.
wink.gif

You don't have where to upgrade anymore... after buying one of the flagship iems, if you got up with what suited you best, there is nowhere to upgrade anymore..

That's when you realize that sidegrading can be fun too.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #2,268 of 4,058
Honestly, the most difficult thing to accept is that there's really not much to be gained from moving vertically in this "hobby," or rather, improvement feels increasingly marginal. As James noted, sidegrades are about the most you can hope for, as once you pass a certain threshold, the quality of the listening experience becomes "good enough." I personally find that continually chasing the pot of gold breeds dissatisfaction and can ultimately lead to habitual spending. The K3K is already phenomenal, spend your time seeking out new music instead. 

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #2,269 of 4,058
yeah , at that kind of price it's more like 'this blond is pretty , perhaps there is a brunette somewhere around'
tongue.gif

i am all the time chasing the new 'mind****' album , thankfully music is free to discover (especially if you are member to some sites which resemble amazon x 1000)
biggrin.gif

i see that K3 is getting quite some love lately , this is good to know

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #2,270 of 4,058
Honestly, the most difficult thing to accept is that there's really not much to be gained from moving vertically in this "hobby," or rather, improvement feels increasingly marginal. As James noted, sidegrades are about the most you can hope for, as once you pass a certain threshold, the quality of the listening experience becomes "good enough." I personally find that continually chasing the pot of gold breeds dissatisfaction and can ultimately lead to habitual spending. The K3K is already phenomenal, spend your time seeking out new music instead. 

This.

Unless you want to go electrostatic, this is as good as it gets. The iem world will need some drastic tech improvements (not more drivers or crossovers) for true sound upgrades.

One album that's awesome for the K3003 is Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros' Here album

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #2,271 of 4,058
NO!

More drivers already failed to probe themselves... just one driver would be the best, if that driver is good, it should be enough... i am not sure if electrostatic technology can be applied at this size.. it is about the moving memebrane, i think that it needs to be in an open air, and i think that electrostatic technology needs much more space and weitght than iem can accomodate...

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #2,272 of 4,058
  yeah , at that kind of price it's more like 'this blond is pretty , perhaps there is a brunette somewhere around'
tongue.gif

i am all the time chasing the new 'mind****' album , thankfully music is free to discover (especially if you are member to some sites which resemble amazon x 1000)
biggrin.gif

i see that K3 is getting quite some love lately , this is good to know

Me, I like redheads. 
tongue.gif

Maybe that's like an electrostatic-dynamic IEM.

The K3 is just lovely.  It is an absolute bargain for its sound.  I had no interest listening to my T1 or HD800 ever since I got mine.

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #2,273 of 4,058
WOW, just listening to Casting Crowns Broken Together and the k3003i giving me goosebumps! Straight from my old HTC evo lte and my fantastic Pico slim. I just went through my collection of IEM and the winner is AKG 3003i. Just so crisp and detailed.

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #2,274 of 4,058
Switched rigs to my Cypher Labs Solo db & Duet and it's Amazing! I wish I would of bought the K3003i before I spent thousand of dollars. I guess that part of the fun. The searching not the spending the money. The best 750 dollars I ever spent. Thanks to the great Christmas deals!

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #2,275 of 4,058
when the music is well recorded/mastered , K3 is amazing - the tight bass is there, the sweet mids are there,the sparkly yet non-sibilant highs (with the reference filter) are there

my re-272 were detailed but not very musical , my RE-600 were musical yet somehow lacking in detail - K3 is like a fusion of these 2 and then taken to the next level

i am also still trying to understand whether the internal amp of the DX90 or my Arrow 4G amp work best with the K3s

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #2,276 of 4,058
  when the music is well recorded/mastered , K3 is amazing - the tight bass is there, the sweet mids are there,the sparkly yet non-sibilant highs (with the reference filter) are there

my re-272 were detailed but not very musical , my RE-600 were musical yet somehow lacking in detail - K3 is like a fusion of these 2 and then taken to the next level

i am also still trying to understand whether the internal amp of the DX90 or my Arrow 4G amp work best with the K3s

the one with the lowest output impedance is the best. always

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #2,277 of 4,058
skerry , tell me you finally decided to buy a TOTL iem , bro.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #2,278 of 4,058
not. i keep reading before i decide. i do this all the time with every audio and computer related thing i buy... every electronic to be short... 

well... 

ie800, which i tested and loved seem to have some sort of cable hardening problem, where the cable becomes stiff. it is on older serials, if i understood right... now i am reading about every iem i want to buy...

most probably i am going to buy all. k3003, dunu dn2000, ie800 and ultrasone iq. 

i am still deciding.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #2,279 of 4,058

How do you like the DX90 with the K3003?

I don't have a DX90, but I also have a headstage arrow, but a 3G.

I've upgraded to a arrow 5TX, which I'm patiently waiting for right now.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #2,280 of 4,058
How do you like the DX90 with the K3003?

I don't have a DX90, but I also have a headstage arrow, but a 3G.

I've upgraded to a arrow 5TX, which I'm patiently waiting for right now.

synergy is fine , DX90 is a neutral/balanced/airy/detailed DAP so the pairing is fine - i don't really need to use my arrow - i used it mostly with the 600(to bump the highs) or the 272 (to beef up the lows)

which DAP are you using ? you should check out the dx9, for 400$ it's quite good
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back