AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Feb 1, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #2,251 of 4,058

I have all three right here. Let me know what you're curious about.

Is it worth having all three? :)

Which one do you like the most, and why?  

Which one is the most natural sounding, and best for vocals?

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #2,252 of 4,058

I have all three right here. Let me know what you're curious about.

m13 was very helpful when i asked him some questions reagrding the K3 and one of the reasons i decided to go for K3 - and i thank him too for all his information
beerchug.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #2,253 of 4,058
I've heard the Parterre on a couple of occasions through a friend. Not my kinda sig, personally. They're very different signatures. Both times I heard the Parterre, the bass felt too elevated and dominating. The bass just feels slow and boomy compared to the K3K. The overall sig is thicker than the K3K. I don't think you'll find the treble up to snuff either. Lastly, the Parterre has a more dimensional, monitor like approach to its soundstage vs the more diffuse, stereo oriented K3K. As a complimentary phone, it's fine, but I personally feel that the ASG 1 Plus is superior and at half the price.

Further to Ids comments above (which I agree with - other than the ASG 1 Plus bit which I haven't tried) - I have owned the Parterre previously and now own the K3003. I personally prefer the K3003, however I do not have the Parterre's anymore to A/B. I think the Parterre's are very clean sounding and a joy to listen to, they pair very well with AK daps and with the Hugo, not as well with my Calyx M. The Parterre's have a wonderful out of the head sound and sound very clean - but not as clean as the K3003's. Both have good high's but they are more apparent on the K3 and a little more relaxed on the Parterre. Both have excellent vocals but vocal on the Parterre is more distant. K3 with reference filter is more genre versatile than Parterre. The K3 is more exciting whilst the Parterre is more relaxed. Both really awesome iems.

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #2,254 of 4,058
What's a better IEM than the K3003? I've been curious about this all week.

I wouldn't say my K3003 are 'better' than my Lab 1's, maybe as good, but not better. Fortunately they are completely different so compliment each other very well.

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #2,256 of 4,058
How does the SR-71B pair with the K3003i?

I've been looking for a slightly smaller amp to pair with my RWAK120-B that has a balanced Kobiconn line-in, and the RSA SR-71B seems to fit seemingly well with the RWAK120-B form factor judging from the pictures I've seen posted of them stacked together.

Any thoughts on how the pairing of the K3003i w/ the SR-71B might compare to the Rx-Mk3-B+ and AlgoRhythm Duet amps?
Thanks.

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #2,257 of 4,058

Is it worth having all three? :)

Which one do you like the most, and why?  

Which one is the most natural sounding, and best for vocals?

Yes, it's worth having all three cuz they're different enough. When the mood strikes I gotta have that particular one and nothing else will do

It's hard to say which one I like the most, but what I can say is that the K3003 is technically the most superior. It's more neutral/detailed than the other two. The other two are very nice too though. For me the K3003 is like a breath of fresh air and just flat out superiority

Natural Sounding is kind of a subjective phrase, but I would say the IE800. The K3003 is the most real sounding/neutral sounding/reference sounding. The SE846 is beautifully lush with up front vocals to die for, and not as colored as I once thought. For female vocal the K3003 is the best for me. The IE800 has the most thin vocals of the three, yet somehow it fits in better with the rest of the spectrum, the vocals are where they should be and not exaggerated or "thin" in the absolute sense. Typical sweet Sennheiser mids, reminiscent of the HD600.

Also, insertion depth and tip material and sources also can change impressions wildly. After discovering a more shallow insertion style with the SE846 olive tips I like them a lot more. I find that shallow insertion where they barely cover my ear canal is the best for all three for me. The deeper I insert the details/air/sense of space I lose and they start to sound muffled and clausterphobic and veiled. Not so much with the K3003/IE800 but with the SE846 the difference is huge for me personally. Also I liked all three way less with the X5, especially the SE846 which just sounded way too bassy. With the DX90 all three sound jaw-dropping at times, especially the K3003

Anyway I'm planning on doing a very comprehensive comparison review soon, I may also pick up the W60 or Angie soon, so that will also be part of the shoot out

m13 was very helpful when i asked him some questions reagrding the K3 and one of the reasons i decided to go for K3 - and i thank him too for all his information
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #2,259 of 4,058
  what about a comparison with the jh Audio roxannes?

just buy the K3 - i had re-600 and then i got the K3 - and i sold my RE-600 one week later

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #2,261 of 4,058
roxannes is another overpriced/hyped  iem - problem is , when someone shells out so much money he convinces himslef that 'no it is a great iem'

i am seeing now the whole angie/layla thing and i am laughing inside - history repeating.

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #2,262 of 4,058
I've heard at length the k3003, 846, ie800 and roxanne universal demo. One thing is clear, the k3003 is way better than the roxanne!
I went with the ie800 (for the reason m13 noted, naturalness), but I'd like to hear the k3003 again.

I think the k3003 vs 1plus2 (which I've also spent time with) is a good match up as they are both hybrids. I'll let someone else make that comparison.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #2,263 of 4,058
I've heard at length the k3003, 846, ie800 and roxanne universal demo. One thing is clear, the k3003 is way better than the roxanne!
I went with the ie800 (for the reason m13 noted, naturalness), but I'd like to hear the k3003 again.

I think the k3003 vs 1plus2 (which I've also spent time with) is a good match up as they are both hybrids. I'll let someone else make that comparison.

I was not impressed with the 1plus2 at all except for the bass. I'm finding that mid-tier earphones and headphones are giving more bang-for-the buck in sound quality than some of the $1K or better products I've heard (I wasn't impressed with the SE846 for the price either).

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #2,264 of 4,058

I was not impressed with the 1plus2 at all except for the bass. I'm finding that mid-tier earphones and headphones are giving more bang-for-the buck in sound quality than some of the $1K or better products I've heard (I wasn't impressed with the SE846 for the price either).

it's called 'law of diminishing results'
tongue.gif

for 700$ , the K3003 is not a bargain (or maybe it is , considering i could have bought it in my country new for 1300$) but at least i am completely satisfied with its sound and my upgraditis for another TOTL is dormant for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back