AKG K1000
Jul 7, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #16 of 28
Charlie, just calm down and eat some fruit... I don't know if someone smuggled crack in your K1000s, but you just bumped a four year old thread.

But in all seriousness, congratulations on your purchase and hopefully I'll make it out to a GTA gathering sometime to steal a listen from them!

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #17 of 28

Charlie, just calm down and eat some fruit... I don't know if someone smuggled crack in your K1000s, but you just bumped a four year old thread.

But in all seriousness, congratulations on your purchase and hopefully I'll make it out to a GTA gathering sometime to steal a listen from them!

Come on, let him have some fun! :)

There's a fair chance that Charile will be too engrossed to spend much time posting for awhile!

Aug 28, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #18 of 28
I haven't been able to find the serial number on mine..
I have a sticker that says "PRODUCTION SPECIMEN" which may not be resold  and is not waranted by AKG..
Do I need to worry ?

TP

Nevetheless, the ear speakers sound good ..

Aug 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #19 of 28

Quote:

LOL. I keep reading GTA as Grand Theft Auto instead of Greater Toronto Area. Oh well... Congrats, Charlie, btw.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #20 of 28
OK, this is an OLD thread and a very dead old thread. I'm bringing it back to life because of the title. "AKG K1000" was taken. I'd like to start a thread for K1K owners and other head-fier who have questions about these phones.

I recently purchased a K1K, ( bass heavy) from another Head-Fier. I'd listened to them at meets and liked the sound very much. I've been watching the "FS" forum for quite a while and finely found a pair. I've owned a lot of phones (see my profile), but  my "go to" phones have always been my RS-1. Not any more, the K1000 has take over. I'm just not sure where my RS-1 and D7000 are right now in my lineup, I don't listening to either very much, I check them out and go back to the K1K. I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket but the K1000 is just the best phone I own.
My K1K is balanced with the original cable and is powered by a Woo 22>DacMagic>Pacific Valve CDM12.

With all this said I'd like other AKG K1000 owners to post, , where do they stand in your line-up?  

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #21 of 28
Very interested in these cans for a long time. Wish I could get a chance to hear a pair in my area :frowning2:

Been trying to read a lot about them, but information is scattered across different threads. Thumbs up to your idea

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #24 of 28

Quote:
OK, this is an OLD thread and a very dead old thread. I'm bringing it back to life because of the title. "AKG K1000" was taken. I'd like to start a thread for K1K owners and other head-fier who have questions about these phones.

I recently purchased a K1K, ( bass heavy) from another Head-Fier. I'd listened to them at meets and liked the sound very much. I've been watching the "FS" forum for quite a while and finely found a pair. I've owned a lot of phones (see my profile), but  my "go to" phones have always been my RS-1. Not any more, the K1000 has take over. I'm just not sure where my RS-1 and D7000 are right now in my lineup, I don't listening to either very much, I check them out and go back to the K1K. I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket but the K1000 is just the best phone I own.
My K1K is balanced with the original cable and is powered by a Woo 22>DacMagic>Pacific Valve CDM12.

With all this said I'd like other AKG K1000 owners to post, , where do they stand in your line-up?  

My bass heavy pair made such an impression on me that I went and got a pair of bass light to keep them company.

I now do not even consider other phones. 

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #25 of 28
I bought a pair of Brand New AKG K1000's about five weeks ago from eBay. Yes! brand New! They were a pair of New/Mint K1000 Bass Heavy with all cables and enclosures. The only thing that was wrong - which is a minor issue - is that the foam in the box had dried and crumbled. A small price to pay! How do they sound? Well, I have only had the opportunity to wire them into the back of my Brennan HDD CD Recorder and they sound amazing! What will happen when I get my conversion cable to go to single ended from XLR then into my Burson I just don't know? I am expecting wonderous things! It really is a new experience using these as they are unique. I'll post an update soon on the Burson sound. Enjoy your K1000's!

Jan 26, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #26 of 28
I did some A-Bing last night and went through some of my phones - my Senn 580/600/650 and Grado HF-1 and HF-2 and even some of my Stax
such as my 404LE, and when I got to my K 1000's there was no comparison, they are definitely my most loved headphones and are here to stay!

Jan 26, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #27 of 28

Quote:

There is the K1000 owners club but has been inactive lately.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/215554/k1000-owners-club/990

Users who are viewing this thread

Back