AKG is coming out with a K1000 replacement! Yes! Really!
Nov 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #47 of 104
ok weird... it wasn't there an hour ago...

edit: oh wait nevermind, it was through their facebook interface that they aren't listed

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #50 of 104
This news a day before my HD580's (w/ 650 drivers) arrive. 
frown.gif

Oh well, my Grado's only made it 2 months before upgraditis set in. 

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #51 of 104
sweet
smile.gif

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #53 of 104

Quote:
If it's SE terminated and my amp can drive it, I'm interested. Good job Alex. Even if your methods are a bit unconventional. :) I guess that's what it took.

This will be my first and only contribution around here. Thanks. XD

Now to go starting multiple threads on my next DAC/amp combo to show that the pursuit of audio nirvana is futile. 
biggrin.gif

...although the uDac isn't doing too poorly about driving my new cans...

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #54 of 104
Quote:Originally Posted by mralexosborn 

Quote:Originally Posted by baka1969 

"If it's SE terminated and my amp can drive it, I'm interested. Good job Alex. Even if your methods are a bit unconventional. :) I guess that's what it took.This will be my first and only contribution around here. Thanks. XD
Now to go starting multiple threads on my next DAC/amp combo to show that the pursuit of audio nirvana is futile. ...although the uDac isn't doing too poorly about driving my new cans..."

I bet you'll have more to contribute. lol

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #55 of 104

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by mralexosborn 

Quote:Originally Posted by baka1969 

"If it's SE terminated and my amp can drive it, I'm interested. Good job Alex. Even if your methods are a bit unconventional. :) I guess that's what it took.This will be my first and only contribution around here. Thanks. XD
Now to go starting multiple threads on my next DAC/amp combo to show that the pursuit of audio nirvana is futile. ...although the uDac isn't doing too poorly about driving my new cans..."

I bet you'll have more to contribute. lol

Yeah, hugs for product information.

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #57 of 104
I won't hold my breath on this one. It could take a year, maybe more before it goes to production.  I'm excited though 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #59 of 104
My money is on the exact same design and drivers, but with electric green and JZ as their spokesman...the all new JZ1000s from AKG.

Please forgive me if this joke was already made, and have not read the entire thread.

But, as baka1696 pointed out, if they no longer need a speaker amp to sound their best, I might seriously be tempted (electric green and all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back