AKG is coming out with a K1000 replacement! Yes! Really!
Nov 21, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #62 of 104

Quote:
Someone should post a link to the Q701 thread to their facebook page for inspiration

This I'd like to see. Maybe then they'll be more driven to produce a quality product
cool.gif

Nov 21, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #67 of 104
I recommended them to copy as much as possible from the K1000's.

Nov 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #68 of 104
So is this thread only based on the "prepare for hugs" comment on Facebook?  I wouldn't expect the harmon owned AKG to even know what the K1000s are.  I sent mine in for repair, and the tech (using the term loosely) who worked on them was completely befuddled by them, didn't understand how to hook them up to an amplifier, or what they were, except for "old".  The person who replied to that post was probably a marketing employee who doesn't even understand that the K701 was not a replacement for the K1000.  

Of course I would love to be wrong.  Is there anything else out there besides that comment?

Nov 21, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #71 of 104

Quote:
So is this thread only based on the "prepare for hugs" comment on Facebook?  I wouldn't expect the harmon owned AKG to even know what the K1000s are.  I sent mine in for repair, and the tech (using the term loosely) who worked on them was completely befuddled by them, didn't understand how to hook them up to an amplifier, or what they were, except for "old".  The person who replied to that post was probably a marketing employee who doesn't even understand that the K701 was not a replacement for the K1000.  

Of course I would love to be wrong.  Is there anything else out there besides that comment?

Oh lawd..

Nov 22, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #73 of 104

Quote:
What did the facebook link say?

No facebook in China, can't see myself.

Nothing super official, but here's what AKG's page said.

Nov 22, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #75 of 104
It would have been interesting to then ask "AKG" what he/she thought of the original K1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back