AKG is coming out with a K1000 replacement! Yes! Really!
Nov 22, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #76 of 104

Quote:
It would have been interesting to then ask "AKG" what he/she thought of the original K1000.

Why?  Their answer is obvious.  'The greatest headphone ever created on earth.'  They probably don't even know what they are but that would be the answer.

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #79 of 104
You guys call that an announcement?

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #80 of 104
I wouldn't say it was an an announcement, I also think the "just a facebook comment" sentiment is naive.

Marketing departments of large corporations do take their facebook pages seriously and employees are generally not sanctioned to write whatever they want on them without foundation... if they're doing their jobs properly anyway.

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #81 of 104
Maybe it's a way of gauging interest.

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #82 of 104

I'm pretty confident it is accurate. The AKG facebook persona has been trying to gauge the interest of re-issuing the K1000 for a few months now.

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #83 of 104
I wouldn't say it is certain, but it would be shockingly incompetent of AKG that a statement like this was made on their official facebook page if there was not a replacement in the works.

My organisation has a facebook page - very few people have access to it, everything that is posted on it is debated to death and signed off pretty high up the chain of demand. I don't see why any large organisation would see facebook any differently.

Facebook is a massive audience, I find the idea that any serious corporation of AKG's standing would consider it the way some posters on this thread seem to be suggesting they would - casually, flippantly and like a gossip site - utterly naive.

If that is the case (and I very much doubt it is) AKG need to seriously be looking at cleaning house and starting from scratch with their marketing department.

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #84 of 104

Quote:
I wouldn't say it is certain, but it would be shockingly incompetent of AKG that a statement like this was made on their official facebook page if there was not a replacement in the works.

My organisation has a facebook page - very few people have access to it, everything that is posted on it is debated to death and signed off pretty high up the chain of demand. I don't see why any large organisation would see facebook any differently.

Facebook is a massive audience, I find the idea that any serious corporation of AKG's standing would consider it the way some posters on this thread seem to be suggesting they would - casually, flippantly and like a gossip site - utterly naive.

If that is the case (and I very much doubt it is) AKG need to seriously be looking at cleaning house and starting from scratch with their marketing department.

Not that I'm in full support of AKG's marketing development but I think that you're being a little overly critical of them :)

We don't really know if/what they have up their sleeve but the fact that they acknowledge the audience and are communicating with us is better than nothing!  If anything they've done a decent job by getting our attention as well as their followers' attention increasing their equity (somewhat) and awareness.

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #85 of 104
I'm not being critical of them at all - I do expect them to announce some kind of flagship replacement for the K1000 after the statement. I was being critical of the statements which seemed to suggest a corporation takes its facebook page any less seriously than any other method of communication with their audience...

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #86 of 104
maybe i hacked the akg account and posted that so you all would freak out!   bahhhh take that.

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #87 of 104
I agree with Eddie, though I don't see why it's a criticism of any kind.  He's just saying that the posts aren't just done quickly by an old guy in the basement trying to appease eager AKG customers.  Facebook is a very powerful marketing tool and they have over 30,000 fans who all see what they post.  It doesn't mean this post is true necessarily, but it would definitely be a big mistake on AKG's part if they weren't taking Facebook seriously. 

I don't have nearly as many fans on my business Facebook page and I have an anxiety attack every time I post something.

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #88 of 104
Well, there were rumors of a new AKG flagship around CES last year. I was surprised they didn't bring out anything, especially when all the major players had new offerings. Maybe they decided to sit on it for a year so it wouldn't get lost among the others.

I think this will be the only major headphone announcement at CES, so it will get to bask in the hype and end up the next FOTM instead of fighting it out with the HD-800 and T1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back