Airpods pro
Nov 5, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #166 of 527
but for my purposes when out and about or exercising it's quite fine.

as long as they are better then the previous years in eve
These are vented - they don't 'seal' by design.

then they have no noise isolation and have to rely on active noise cancelling, which reduces sound quality

Nov 5, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #169 of 527
I prefer them to the Senn TW by quite a large margin.

I assume you are talking convenience/comfort/ANC/reliability and not sound quality?

(I have the MTW and like the sound, but the AirPods Pro do sound tempting for everything else ... if they came just close to the sound quality it would be a no-brainer)

Nov 5, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #170 of 527
I assume you are talking convenience/comfort/ANC/reliability and not sound quality?

(I have the MTW and like the sound, but the AirPods Pro do sound tempting for everything else ... if they came just close to the sound quality it would be a no-brainer)

I haven't heard the Senn, but my impression from other reports is they still are at the top. *Apparently* there will be a revision early next, so if SQ is king I'd probably wait for them.

That said, if you have an Apple store nearby they might have a listening station to check them out with an employee replacing the eartips (they did at mine).

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #171 of 527
I haven't heard the Senn, but my impression from other reports is they still are at the top. *Apparently* there will be a revision early next, so if SQ is king I'd probably wait for them.

That said, if you have an Apple store nearby they might have a listening station to check them out with an employee replacing the eartips (they did at mine).

No Apple Store around unfortunately, but I might just order and return if not happy.

Yes I am assuming the MTW are best when it comes to sound, but was wondering what someone who has both has to say in terms of how large the gap is. To be honest I'd sacrifice some SQ for all the rest as the MTW have quite a few drawbacks, but only to a point.

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #172 of 527
AirPodPro.jpg
No, this is incorrect.

(from https://www.apple.com/support/products/headphones/)

AppleCare+ changes your 1 year warranty for defects into a 2 year warranty for defects AND accidental loss/damage. It has to be purchased within 60 days of your AirPods purchase. Seems like a no-brainer since these batteries will end up dying with moderate use.

Another option is to use a credit card that extends manufacturers warranties, but that does not cover accidental loss/damage.

Inept attempt to attach receipt with coverage dates... In Canadian dollars... Apple Care + = 29 USD.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #173 of 527

Every set of AirPods, Beats earphones, or Beats headphones comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ extends your coverage to two years from your AppleCare+ purchase date and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $29 plus applicable tax.1 In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone.2

It could be misinterpreted the way it's stated, it does seem to translate to 1 additional year of coverage from Apple Care since you already get one years of repair coverage. Totaling to 2 years, and still means extended to 2 years because addition of 1 year. This may not even be enough time for battery to go 80% or below.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #174 of 527
It could be misinterpreted the way it's stated, it does seem to translate to 1 additional year of coverage from Apple Care since you already get one years of repair coverage. Totaling to 2 years, and still means extended to 2 years because addition of 1 year. This may not even be enough time for battery to go 80% or below.

I agree that's what it *should* be based on described (and my personal exp purchasing AC for laptops in the past), but the receipt u2u2 above shows a total 3 years of coverage (Nov 3, 2022 exp). Weird.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #177 of 527
I agree that's what it *should* be based on described (and my personal exp purchasing AC for laptops in the past), but the receipt u2u2 above shows a total 3 years of coverage (Nov 3, 2022 exp). Weird.

I just looked at my Apple Care receipt and it shows my coverage ends on 10/31/2021 so maybe Canada gets an extra year over the 2 years in the US???

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #178 of 527
I just looked at my Apple Care receipt and it shows my coverage ends on 10/31/2021 so maybe Canada gets an extra year over the 2 years in the US???

I posted the Canadian policy above and it's the same as the US. Wonder if this is just an error in Apple's system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back