Airpods pro
Nov 7, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #182 of 527
After a few days of use I now really like them. Sound has improved after break-in and they are very comfortable, barely notice them even when in the ear for hours.

I can't say that I have noticed much change in sound quality after breaking them in, but I am extremely happy with these. They are very comfortable and stay in my ears so much better than the first and second gen.

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #185 of 527
I'm not minding them at all... Infinitely better than the regular version.

I wonder how many naysayers have actually heard them?

Perfectly pleasant.

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #186 of 527
I can't say that I have noticed much change in sound quality after breaking them in, but I am extremely happy with these. They are very comfortable and stay in my ears so much better than the first and second gen.

For me there was a definite brain burn-in aspect, as I found the sound a fair bit better on the second day (only listened ~ an hour on the first day).

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #187 of 527

Perfectly pleasant.
Comparison between XM3 and these are mixed when it comes to SQ and ANC. I think experienced ears (not general commercial reviewers) will find the Pro having gnerally the better balance, and overall better performance of the driver. I think people may be mistaking passive isolation XM3 with ANC. I know for sure Pro has true ANC, and can't say the same for XM3.

So, forget the Youtube reviews and try them yourself.

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #189 of 527

Perfectly pleasant.

I can see the people with experience even having problems to saying the AirPods pro are excellent in sound quality. In my opinion the APP isn't only ok, 'pleasant', inoffensive, no more good than $50 buds, etc, etc. For me with much headphones and earphones I trying in many years the APP is excellent sound. Is similar with the people that always saying Beats is only 'boom boom boom'. Beats changing sound 4 or 5 years ago and isn't basshead now. I trying the new beats solo pro (with anc) and is big disappointment because isn't sufficient bass and little harsh treble. The model before, beats solo 3, is more correct in sound, is very good headphone. APP is more correct sound than new beats solo pro, but I have big surprise that solo pro having very good anc.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #190 of 527
After a few days of use I now really like them. Sound has improved after break-in and they are very comfortable, barely notice them even when in the ear for hours.
Good to know. Got these yesterday and my first thought was that they were terrible. I'll give them burn in time now.

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #191 of 527
burn in, lolz an AirPods? lolololo sorry, but what's burning in exactly?

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #193 of 527
Rtings posted their review (which I'm hype about), and AirPods Pro measured pretty well. AirPods Pro is mid-focused and the bass is lacking slightly, but isn't as rolled-off as on the original AirPods. The treble is really impressive, which is probably how they make up for the relatively weak bass. I'm surprised how well they scored in total harmonic distortion considering the addition of ANC.

All-in-all, I'm impressed with the results:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/apple/airpods-pro-truly-wireless

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #194 of 527
Rtings posted their review (which I'm hype about), and AirPods Pro measured pretty well. AirPods Pro is mid-focused and the bass is lacking slightly, but isn't as rolled-off as on the original AirPods. The treble is really impressive, which is probably how they make up for the relatively weak bass. I'm surprised how well they scored in total harmonic distortion considering the addition of ANC.

All-in-all, I'm impressed with the results:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/apple/airpods-pro-truly-wireless
Saw that and also proves Pro's ANC more effective than XM3. It's a solid evidence. It's even better than Bose QC20 ANC to my ears.

Pro's distortion is lower than XM3 as well. And I believe it, XM3 has weird treble and bass distortions as bass is flabby in comparison.

Consistancy of the Pro sound is rated less though.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #195 of 527
Saw that and also proves Pro's ANC more effective than XM3. It's a solid evidence.

Consistancy of the Pro sound is rated less though.

The ANC performance is strong, and isn't too far behind Bose's over-ear headphones. Especially when we're considering the size of these earbuds.

The consistency is probably a factor of the Adaptive EQ which will skew the results.

Interestingly, Powerbeats Pro has a better sound quality (slight 1dB emphasis on sub-bass and a 3dB emphasis on upper mids) and it seems that I would prefer that signature but I'll hold my judgements until I can hear them both. I did demo Powerbeats Pro but they only had small ear-tips at the store so I didn't get a good seal and it sounded tinny -- one of the downsides of a true IEM. I would image AirPods Pro will fit better since they still sit just outside the ear canal. Another win for the Powerbeats Pro is that it scores at about 10 hours in battery life, compared to 5 for AirPods Pro.

Apple has been pumping out products with class-leading levels of distortion, imagine if they paired all of this technology to an over-ear pair of headphones. I imagine maybe we'll get that once they add Apple Lossless to Apple Music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back