AIAIAI TMA-1
Jun 9, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #841 of 1,345
To me the only thing that could make them better sonically is if they made them a bit less dark, so that I wouldn't have to EQ them at all. If they did that then they'd be perfect for me. However, EQing them for that is not bad and I don't mind at all...

Quote:
No problem. Too bad it seems like a packaging update than a sonic update. But good update nonetheless. Those foam pads were terrible.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #842 of 1,345
So I've had the straight cable since around mothers day, and it's already broken on me! Damn. They charge way too much for those things but I dont want to compromise on sound quality >:/

Jun 10, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #845 of 1,345

Quote:
So I contacted David from dijitalfix. V2 fixed some issues with the headband tightness. V3 includes extra leather pads instead of foam. He also said that there V3 has made improvements on sound, although he couldn't remember because it's been too long since he last last listened to the previous model.

I have the "v1", and a friend of mine just got those "v3", with two pairs of protein/synthetic leather pads and straight cable. They sound exactly the same, even without "burn in".

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #846 of 1,345
Quote:
I have the "v1", and a friend of mine just got those "v3", with two pairs of protein/synthetic leather pads and straight cable. They sound exactly the same, even without "burn in".

Awesome. Thanks for the info, dfkt. That's enough to keep me from contemplating an "upgrade."

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #847 of 1,345

Quote:

how does it scale with more volume? I notice the sound on mine really changes with more volume; although its only when I crank it to semi-deafening levels.

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #848 of 1,345
How does the portability compare to the m50? I am thinking of selling off my m50 now since I like my dt990 more(just sounds better in every way with the similar U shape sound). The m50 is collecting dust and I have only really used it when traveling which it was a bit of a pain when I was traveling cause of its size

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #849 of 1,345

Quote:
How does the portability compare to the m50? I am thinking of selling off my m50 now since I like my dt990 more(just sounds better in every way with the similar U shape sound). The m50 is collecting dust and I have only really used it when traveling which it was a bit of a pain when I was traveling cause of its size

It's a pretty easy stow-away pair; however, if you are obsessive about the condition of your headphones(me in a nutshell) you may be reluctant to carry it everywhere; as the material on the headphones will rub off where the cups make contact with the band.

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #850 of 1,345
I'd honestly take them over the M50 any day comparing any aspect (including portability).

Quote:

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #851 of 1,345
Yeah my main use of that can would be for portability. The m50 is a good can its just... a pain to deal with from my last 3 trips. I got 2 great cans for home use. How does it feel having it around your neck? the m50 feels bad wearing it around the neck and there is like no movement allowed. I need to just go ahead and make the move so I won't continue wondering and get the full experience lol. So far I am 3 for 3 on my headphone choices as for late in terms of being pleased.

Quote:
I'd honestly take them over the M50 any day comparing any aspect (including portability).

Jun 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #852 of 1,345
They're great around the neck. I had the same 'size problem' with my Ultrasone 750 as well for awhile. Not exactly portable.

Quote:
Yeah my main use of that can would be for portability. The m50 is a good can its just... a pain to deal with from my last 3 trips. I got 2 great cans for home use. How does it feel having it around your neck? the m50 feels bad wearing it around the neck and there is like no movement allowed. I need to just go ahead and make the move so I won't continue wondering and get the full experience lol. So far I am 3 for 3 on my headphone choices as for late in terms of being pleased.

Jun 27, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #854 of 1,345
Just received mine today, it's the V3 from Dijitalfix w/ Apple mic option They look so great, and the package comes with a twisted cable, 6.3mm jack adaptater, 2 sets of synthetic leather pads. They also are comfy, according to my jug-ears ! The remote/mic cable for iPhone is thin but looks solid, and the cable can be sort out easily, that's a very good point for portability ergonomy ! I'm gonna make a mini review, as i am a non-professionnal DJ or confirmed musician, but a great Hip hop / RnB / US rap listener !

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #855 of 1,345
I was drawn to these headphones for the look and portability, but I can't really justify the price when you consider the Denon AH-D1100. The latter are portable and circumaural.

I can't speak for SQ of TMA-1's but the Denons are awesome for rock and electronic music in general. The cups also fold back dj-style.

If the TMA-1s were half the price it would be a no-brainer though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back