AIAIAI TMA-1
Apr 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #646 of 1,345

They're much darker than the HD 25-1s, IMO. You should like them.
Quote:
oh in that case ill just get a new one anyways.. 159$, are there cheaper places than159$? 
btw you guys think that tma1 can go deeper in bass against hd25-1s? iliked hd25 but it was too harshly bright for me... i guess tma1 is going to be perfect :) im hoping for these to beat beats studios and pros too ^_^ thanks guys

This is exactly what I did with mine via my J3. They sound amazing with just that little boost.

Quote:
I'm still enjoying mine too... a lot. I give them a bit of a treble boost, but that's less than what I would have to do to the DT770/HFI780/HD25 to make them match my taste.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #647 of 1,345
haha i like the tma-1 fans, you guys are nice lol! ill probably do good with just the ipod 6g for a bit with eq treble boost. until the rockbox become stable, then the tma-1 will rock more!

any rock, acoustic/listeners, hiphop here? how are these with them?

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #648 of 1,345
I listen to rock and a bit of acoustic. Rock is great properly EQ'ed. Acoustic is good, but not fantastic. It depends largely on the song, some is really good, others the signature is a bit heavy and forward for it. Its not bad persay, just not optimal. And I only have one hiphop song on my J3, and it does sound great. 

specifically http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVetY60i0Xc is the only hiphop song I have on there.... 

and as for rock this song sounds great on them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScElidmV_sM

Quote:
haha i like the tma-1 fans, you guys are nice lol! ill probably do good with just the ipod 6g for a bit with eq treble boost. until the rockbox become stable, then the tma-1 will rock more!

any rock, acoustic/listeners, hiphop here? how are these with them?

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #650 of 1,345
Hi :)

I got the TMA-1 on my mind for a while, i'm a hip-hop, rap listener, so i wanna ask to the TMA-1's owners if i'm in a good way with these pair of headphone ?

Regards

Apr 4, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #651 of 1,345
I listen to mostly hip hop, and from what I remember, vocals always seemed too dark on the TMA-1. I liked them with electronic music, but not so much with hip hop.

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #652 of 1,345
I listen to Hip-Hop quite often in them. They really reach potential with a little bit of EQing and an amp. Mainly a decent EQ to unveil the vocals. Sounds great out of just my J3.

Quote:
I listen to mostly hip hop, and from what I remember, vocals always seemed too dark on the TMA-1. I liked them with electronic music, but not so much with hip hop.

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #653 of 1,345
thank you for the feed, i only own an iPhone 3GS, as my phone and mp3 player, and don't have any amp, let's say i'm an enthusiast listener !

If i have the opportunity to get a TMA-1 at a reasonable price, i am going to buy them, these headphones look so nice !

So can you advise me some hip hop headphones ?

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #654 of 1,345

iPhone? You can use TMA-1s for Hip-Hop if you download EQu. Adds an actually good equalizer to the iPhone. It's a really amazing app. Does wonders.
Quote:
thank you for the feed, i only own an iPhone 3GS, as my phone and mp3 player, and don't have any amp, let's say i'm an enthusiast listener !

If i have the opportunity to get a TMA-1 at a reasonable price, i am going to buy them, these headphones look so nice !

So can you advise me some hip hop headphones ?

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #656 of 1,345
iPhone? You can use TMA-1s for Hip-Hop if you download EQu. Adds an actually good equalizer to the iPhone. It's a really amazing app. Does wonders.

I'll check this app, than you !

@tommydelic ohh cheap hiphop headphones shouldbe vmoda crossfades,sony xb500 or xb700. they shouldve pure hiphop. check out ultrasones.from what iread only tho :)

i've heard the Ultrasone HFI-580 / 780 are pretty good in hip-hop/rap music, i got an eye on these headphones !

And what about the Audio technica ES7 and hip-hop music ?

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #657 of 1,345
@tommydelic not sure abt es7, but those sony xb500 xb700or even xb100 are mind shaking with their bass thats what the people said at least. 

i also read from a lot of people that hfi780 are really fun cans, but with their great bass comes with a great high, like kinda harsh i dont know tho... i havent exp them so i cant be 100% sure..

i would be listening to hip hop as well,so ill prefer dark sounding ones that i can blast the volume while not being hurt by  harsh highs "trebly stuff" so thats why ill end up with the tma-1 :) im guessing they are a refined version of sony XBs or Crossfades or even beats, just my rough prediction. ithink they would be perfect for deep sounding vocalists too like let's say ludacris etc..

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #658 of 1,345
Keep in mind the 780 has great bass, but not necessarily a huge quantity.

With about 15 minutes of reversible modding, the highs are really easy to tame.  If I listened to primarily electronic music, though, the 780 would be my favourite headphone.

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #659 of 1,345
What do you mean by 'reversible modding'? Stuffing foam at the back of the driver? If so, I've done that and didn't notice any big changes. If not, I'm interested in what you mean. I haven't listened to my HFI-780 in a long time, but I'm always open for Frankenstein operations. :)

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #660 of 1,345
I also removed the tape from one hole in the back of the driver disc (magnet), which made a big difference.  Instead of foam, I used a super-thin sheet of batting and some dynamat to limit resonance.

Now, I also fully recabled them and tossed that PCB, which is significantly less reversible.

They do sound pretty awesome, though.  Way better than the Pro 750 ever did to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back