AIAIAI TMA-1
Dec 14, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #436 of 1,345

Quote:
Did you guys notice any decrease in bass quantity and punchiness after using your TMA's for a while ?

EDIT : The bass was really bothering me, as there's wasn't any bass anymore, even worse than my Etys. So I called DJ Tech tools to ask for an return. They told me its was a known problem with the first batch a Headphones, and that AIAIAI was organizing the returns. Big bummer for me. I'll keep you guys posted on the situation. Hope they handle this well.

when did you get your tma-1s? and from where?  dj tech? 

how do you know it's the first batch? is your headset loose? 

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #437 of 1,345
Ordered my TMA's from DJtech on the Black Friday deal, when they were 160 (11/28/2010)

Called Dj tech today and they told me the bass loss is a recurent and known issue with the first batch of TMA's. I'll ask for a exchange from Aiaiai, but its gonna be a long delay i guess, since I have to send them overseas. Dj Tech will send me all the info I need to ask for a new one.

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #438 of 1,345

Quote:
Ordered my TMA's from DJtech on the Black Friday deal, when they were 160 (11/28/2010)

Called Dj tech today and they told me the bass loss is a recurent and known issue with the first batch of TMA's. I'll ask for a exchange from Aiaiai, but its gonna be a long delay i guess, since I have to send them overseas. Dj Tech will send me all the info I need to ask for a new one.

I got a second batch then. Mine was only shipped to dijitalfix 2 weeks before I bought them. And I got them in record fast time for basic shipping. I hope things work out well for you.

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #439 of 1,345

Quote:
Quote:
Did you guys notice any decrease in bass quantity and punchiness after using your TMA's for a while ?

EDIT : The bass was really bothering me, as there's wasn't any bass anymore, even worse than my Etys. So I called DJ Tech tools to ask for an return. They told me its was a known problem with the first batch a Headphones, and that AIAIAI was organizing the returns. Big bummer for me. I'll keep you guys posted on the situation. Hope they handle this well.

when did you get your tma-1s? and from where?  dj tech? 

how do you know it's the first batch? is your headset loose? 

Had mine since August (definitely 1st batch), and no. Weak headband, yes ..though fixed with a little twisting.

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #441 of 1,345
Wish it was just me, but the problem is not just "weak bass", its inexistent bass  :p

Dj tech tools told me they had the same thing happen to other owners too. Oh well.

We'll know for sure when I get to contact Aiaiai

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #443 of 1,345

Quote:
Wish it was just me, but the problem is not just "weak bass", its inexistent bass  :p

Dj tech tools told me they had the same thing happen to other owners too. Oh well.

We'll know for sure when I get to contact Aiaiai

Responded in the other thread but just seen this posted here as well.  No problems here.

Dec 15, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #444 of 1,345

Quote:

How much usage time corresponds in this case to "a while" ?

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #446 of 1,345
I got mine today (ordered through Amazon). Love them, but I think my 3.5 plug is not working correctly. When plugging it in, sometimes they will not receive a channel or if I twist the plug it will cut out and throw some static. I know I can solve the twisting problem by just not twisting them, but the former issue irks me. The finish of the plug seems to have a film on it, it's kind of cloudy, I'm not sure if it's some sort of connectivity grease.

Aivc: Your replies from DJTechTools are strange seeing that I e-mailed them a few days ago asking them about what batch they have at the moment. My first reply said that he did not know and that he'd have to forward it to someone else, a few days later person 2 replied:
Quote:
Sorry for the delayed response. I had to contact our product representative for the TMA-1's to get your answer. As far as we have been told, the current TMA-1 units we have in stock were from the second batch of production so those issues you mentioned should not be a problem.

I'm not trying to throw anyone under a bus or say there's a conspiracy, just weird that they didn't know about any of the "issues" when I inquired.

And then somewhere I read that AIAIAI replied that everyone is misinformed and that there is no "second batch." Which is why I ended up picking Amazon, because I have a Amazon Prime Account.

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #447 of 1,345

Quote:
I got mine today (ordered through Amazon). Love them, but I think my 3.5 plug is not working correctly. When plugging it in, sometimes they will not receive a channel or if I twist the plug it will cut out and throw some static. I know I can solve the twisting problem by just not twisting them, but the former issue irks me. The finish of the plug seems to have a film on it, it's kind of cloudy, I'm not sure if it's some sort of connectivity grease.

Aivc: Your replies from DJTechTools are strange seeing that I e-mailed them a few days ago asking them about what batch they have at the moment. My first reply said that he did not know and that he'd have to forward it to someone else, a few days later person 2 replied:
Quote:
Sorry for the delayed response. I had to contact our product representative for the TMA-1's to get your answer. As far as we have been told, the current TMA-1 units we have in stock were from the second batch of production so those issues you mentioned should not be a problem.

I'm not trying to throw anyone under a bus or say there's a conspiracy, just weird that they didn't know about any of the "issues" when I inquired.

And then somewhere I read that AIAIAI replied that everyone is misinformed and that there is no "second batch." Which is why I ended up picking Amazon, because I have a Amazon Prime Account.

let me know how it goes when you receive them...I am curious!!

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #449 of 1,345

Quote:
Already received them and only have a small issue as I stated in my fist paragraph.

As to the SQ. Did you know there is a some sort of flute in the background of Daft Punk's "Face to Face" at 2:52+? I sure didn't. :)

if you have any other problems in the future please let me know....(glue problems, low bass, headclap not tight enough, and etc....) 

glad you enjoy it =) 

I keep hearing too many good darn things about these bad boys....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back