AIAIAI TMA-1
Nov 17, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #227 of 1,345

Quote:
Quote:
Google Monster icable 3.5mm- half the price of Cardas, just another option.

Thanks for that, I cant have it ship to the UK, any other options? Anything with colour? They look nice tho.. whats the usual length for daily use? One meter?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monster-iCable-Car-3-5mm-3ft-Cable-MP3-iPod-Car-/110606282902?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item19c0a5f096 

This should do the trick.  3 to 4 feet is generally good for portable.  Longer for home use, but it really is an individual thing.

Nov 17, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #229 of 1,345
So it will be enough length to  from my head and into my pocket yeah? for the 3 foot one... Sorry for the stupid quest.. Im only 170cm height

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Google Monster icable 3.5mm- half the price of Cardas, just another option.

Thanks for that, I cant have it ship to the UK, any other options? Anything with colour? They look nice tho.. whats the usual length for daily use? One meter?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monster-iCable-Car-3-5mm-3ft-Cable-MP3-iPod-Car-/110606282902?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item19c0a5f096 

This should do the trick.  3 to 4 feet is generally good for portable.  Longer for home use, but it really is an individual thing.

Nov 17, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #230 of 1,345
Yeah.  3 foot for portable is fine IMO.  Don't think it would be long enough for DJing however, but I can't say for sure as I only use my TMA-1 for portable.

Cut a piece of string 3 foot long and try it out.

Nov 17, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #231 of 1,345

LOL, it's funny because it's true, about the T50p. I have no quarrel with the sound, but they were made for Roger the Alien.

I got the TMA's little brother, the Tracks. If you need an open (it says closed, it leaks like it's open) small portable that doesn't suck but also looks pretty, get these. They're in the same ballpark as the V-Jays (which I always love).

Quote:

No worries about headband size with the TMA-1. Contrary to the T50p, which are made for hydrocephali, the TMA-1 do fit average sized noggins.

And yeah, they sure would go well with 1960ies Braun amps. :wink:

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #235 of 1,345
Hi Guys

any of you know much about the OP-1 synth from Teenage Engineering? - funny to see AIAIAI making the earphones for this... (from the latest AIAIAI newsletter)

http://us2.campaign-archive.com/?u=47c2667ef3b2da6e26df3785c&id=021a3e2413

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #236 of 1,345

Quote:
plainsong said:

I got the TMA's little brother, the Tracks. If you need an open (it says closed, it leaks like it's open) small portable that doesn't suck but also looks pretty, get these. They're in the same ballpark as the V-Jays (which I always love).

Yhea, I heard good things about the Tracks headphones but I need something that does not leak. Right now the only portable ones I have are the open AKG K24P and they leak very much.

One other reason for me to choose TMA-1, other then the design, is that I think they will sound kind of opposite to how my stereo speakers sound. The speakers are the Yamaha NS-1000 Monitor speakers which are very good speakers when you listen to things thats is not too bassy. I think the TMA-1 will be a great supplement for the more bassy music when I am at home and at the same time be portable enough so I can bring them with me as a companion to my macbook and mp3-player for when I am on the go.

I also ordered extra ear pads, the semi-leather ones, thinking that those was the ones already included in the tma-1 box and that I only would use them if the orginal ones would get too gross or smelly. Is this a misunderstanding on my side? Are they actually a new kind of ear pads that are not already inkluded in the TMA-1 box?

If they are new kind of pads I looking forward to compare them with the original ones.

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #237 of 1,345
Sheesh. I know I ordered with overnight shipping (and therefore was excited to get mine today and hear them), but it seems good old ALO somehow bungled the shipping and gave me standard Express. So now it's looking like Friday at the earliest. Don't they know I hate to wait?? 
mad.gif

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #238 of 1,345

Quote:

Quote:
plainsong said:

Yhea, I heard good things about the Tracks headphones but I need something that does not leak. Right now the only portable ones I have are the open AKG K24P and they leak very much.

One other reason for me to choose TMA-1, other then the design, is that I think they will sound kind of opposite to how my stereo speakers sound. The speakers are the Yamaha NS-1000 Monitor speakers which are very good speakers when you listen to things thats is not too bassy. I think the TMA-1 will be a great supplement for the more bassy music when I am at home and at the same time be portable enough so I can bring them with me as a companion to my macbook and mp3-player for when I am on the go.

I also ordered extra ear pads, the semi-leather ones, thinking that those was the ones already included in the tma-1 box and that I only would use them if the orginal ones would get too gross or smelly. Is this a misunderstanding on my side? Are they actually a new kind of ear pads that are not already inkluded in the TMA-1 box?

If they are new kind of pads I looking forward to compare them with the original ones.

dont worry - they are the same...

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #239 of 1,345
Synthetic Replacement pads, these do not come with TMA-1 as original pads.

Semi -Leather pads -These come with TMA-1 headphones

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #240 of 1,345
^Thanks for that, Kern

Right now I'm just trying to decide if I want these or the Allen & Heath Xone:XD-53's. The 53's are DJ phones, whereas the TMA's seem like more versatile phones, including for DJing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back