Transducer Principle: Dynamic, closed 
Driver Unit Size: 40 mm 
Impedance: 32±15% Ohm 
Load Rating: 0.1W 
Frequency Response: 20 to 20.000 Hz 
Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.3% 
Sensitivity: 110±3dB 
Weight w/o Cable: 190 Gram

Any thoughts / comments? I'm looking to replace my HD555's soon....mainly for home / airplane use. Judging from the specs, these are looking pretty good. 

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 1,345
My TMA-1 has arrived today and first impression are that sounds a bit better than HD-25 on my ears, the finish and packaging are exquisite and when you pick up the headphones in your hands feels kinda like velvet.

Sound wise (it has been only one afternoon so far), couldn't be more impressed. I still waiting my uDAC 2 to have a proper go, but the mid range tones are clear and the bass are super rounded and pleasant crystal clear even on high volumes. I am very pleased about this headphones so far, I toy around a little bit more and post more impressions here.

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #5 of 1,345
looks like a sponsored thread to me, if im wrong - sorry guys
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #6 of 1,345

Quote:
looks like a sponsored thread to me, if im wrong - sorry guys
biggrin.gif

I certainly don't work or know anyone at AIAIAI, that is for sure.
I'm quite impressed with the TMA-1 so far, for a closed can headphones anyhow. I am not a audiophile or even have got that much knowledge of hi-fi headphone, I am a newbie trying to learn a thing or two, so you might get my opinions with a grain of salt.

I'm looking forward to my NuForce uDAC-2 to arrive to give a proper go. A few more impressions follow:
— Sound isolation is SUPERB, even on very low volume levels. I do think you may take this as a given since is a DJ oriented headphones.
— No sound leakage on normal volume levels. I tend to listen to music on (I guess) average volume, and I have asked some colleagues at the office to test the headphones while I was pay attention to sound leakage.
— It is a very comfortable headphone, but after 3-3.5 hours starts to bother a little bit, not much different from the HD-25 1 for me, but a little bit better.

I haven't test it listen to music direct from my iPhone 4 yet, only on my MacBook Pro direct from the headphone out. (most of the music that I've been listen to are iTunes Plus, in particular the new Arcade Fire, Best Coast, Menomena and Pantha du Prince)

Aug 10, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #8 of 1,345

Quote:
Ditto. I'm curious, what pads come in the box? They talk about the option to swap them out depending on usage (foam, faux leather, etc), but I didn't see any other options within the store. All included, or expect them later down the road?

It comes with a faux leather and a foam in the box. I am not sure they are going to sell pads on future, but they might do since they sell accessories/extras for the current models on their online shop. 

Aug 11, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #11 of 1,345
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Head-Fi community where I found some very reliable and deep reviews.

I was looking for new on-ear headphones that I could use with my iPod while commuting, at work and at home to play electric guitar quietly. Anyway, I almost bought a pair of HD-25 II until I found these TMA-1. I couldn't resist and I bought one pair yesterday from the manufacturer website (promo code valide until TODAY (11th August) : 06101ww).

I should be receiving them sometimes next week (someone at DKK sent me an email to tell that the first batch of TMA-1 was sold-out and that they should receive another one this Friday). I'll write a brief review with photos.

Disclaimer: I do not work or know anyone at DKK...

Regards,

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #12 of 1,345
So anyone have these yet that can compare to other headphones?  They look pretty sleek.  I would be interested in a comparison to the Ultrasone 780s but I'll take whatever I can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back