AIAIAI TMA-1
Oct 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #61 of 1,345
Made a straight cable for the TMA-1. Switchcraft angled plug, Neutrik straight plug, Cordial Professional shielded stereo cable, WBT silver solder, two layers of adhesive heat shrink for strain relief.

Interestingly, the stock coiled cable of the TMA-1 measures a resistance of 2.2 Ohm, while my cable measures 0.1 Ohm.

_MG_2137.jpg

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #65 of 1,345
dfkt, how does it compare to T50P? Initially i set my eyes on HD25-1 II and GMP 8.35D but after i saw TMA-1, my mind completely blown. That's some seriously SEXY piece of can.

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #67 of 1,345

Quote:
dfkt, how does it compare to T50P? Initially i set my eyes on HD25-1 II and GMP 8.35D but after i saw TMA-1, my mind completely blown. That's some seriously SEXY piece of can.

So far, the TMA-1 sound more natural than the T50p in general. They're richer, fuller, with great midrange and some nice timbre. Bass is more controlled, textured, and less boomy on the TMA-1. T50p sound more confined, boxy, than the TMA-1, soundstage is better on the TMA. The T50p sound leaner in comparison, their treble is more sparkly and a bit more refined, and they got maybe a bit better transient response, they're a bit 'faster', seem to smear notes less together - mind you, I got only 15 hours on the TMA-1, some things are bound to change the more I get accustomed to them.

Also, the TMA-1 are really, really efficient/sensitive phones - they go LOUD. All of Beyerdynamic's marketing blah blah about 'Tesla Technology' doesn't really mean anything when one compares the two phones' efficiency in reality.

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #69 of 1,345
Fro your brief description, seem like there's no serious issue on SQ side. Aesthetic wise, i'm sold. The last picture basically sealed the deal for me dfkt. Now i'm waiting for AIAIAI's Frederick email reply regarding the cost+shipping
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #73 of 1,345
The Larch, the shipping varies depends on location and type of shipping. You can try to contact Frederick (fj@aiaiai.dk) or Christian (cbl@aiaiai.dk) and mention that you're from Head-fi. Perhaps they will give you an offer you cant denied
smily_headphones1.gif

My package still in transit, currently in Germany. I paid less than USD10 for shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back