AIAIAI TMA-1
Nov 28, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #286 of 1,345
Quote:
nice tip on these TMA-1 onsale at dijitalfix!! great price for 150 shipped!

No problem, its a great price, but some people seem unsure about getting them from that site since nobody here has bought from them before it seems. 

If you want to take the chance, go ahead, but DJtechtools also offers them, (Albeit, for $10 more.)

Your choice, glad I could help.

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #288 of 1,345
My friend owns the M50's and let me try them, they're rather bulky if you plan to use them on the go. Also, unless you have soldering skills with wires or like taping said wires up, you will definitely notice these are not meant to be portable.

If they are for Home use, then like many people say on here, M50's are probably better, and since they're a bit older, you can get them for a great price.

If you want something for home, walking around, and general all around use, then the TMA-1's fit the bill. Their cable is much shorter, and much much more replaceable. They also have the clean black finish. You can get them for much less than their MRSP at DJtechtools or Dijitalfix (Not sure about Dijital Fix online though.)

It's all up to your needs. I, however am probably going for the TMA-1's.

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #289 of 1,345

Quote:
Quote:
I got them 2 weeks ago from Hard To Find Uk... Good sound and crazy cool design... but but the head band is wayyy to lose compare to my Sennies HD 25. Its hard but yeah i gotta do it. Unless the come out with the tighter version on the head band. For djing i thing its super loose. Any of u guys having the same problem?

you should try and contact AIAIAI - i know from previous dialogues that they are working on replacement head bands... also i believe they have made the fit tighter in newer production batches so maybe you can make an exchange - they are normally super friendly to help.

Regarding the current deal - $163 after shipping from dijitalfix.com - do you know if these are current production batches or the earlier offerings which had the looser fit? 

I'd like to know as I'm interested in purchasing a pair; the loose fit comments from some owners is really the only thing that's stopping me from getting a pair.

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #290 of 1,345

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I got them 2 weeks ago from Hard To Find Uk... Good sound and crazy cool design... but but the head band is wayyy to lose compare to my Sennies HD 25. Its hard but yeah i gotta do it. Unless the come out with the tighter version on the head band. For djing i thing its super loose. Any of u guys having the same problem?

you should try and contact AIAIAI - i know from previous dialogues that they are working on replacement head bands... also i believe they have made the fit tighter in newer production batches so maybe you can make an exchange - they are normally super friendly to help.

Regarding the current deal - $163 after shipping from dijitalfix.com - do you know if these are current production batches or the earlier offerings which had the looser fit? 

I'd like to know as I'm interested in purchasing a pair; the loose fit comments from some owners is really the only thing that's stopping me from getting a pair.

Same thing here, well, the only thing making me nervous when I get mine. It's not stopping me since I dont plan to move too much. I will contact dijitalfix.com to see which batch it is, or you could do so yourself if you'd like.

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #291 of 1,345
So - you've already ordered yours, right?  I'll be anxious to know how the fit is when you get them.  I believe this  discount deal is only for the black Friday weekend.  I think I missed out.  Perhaps we'll both contact them & post the responses we get.  Congrats on the new purchase!

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #292 of 1,345

Quote:
So - you've already ordered yours, right?  I'll be anxious to know how the fit is when you get them.  I believe this  discount deal is only for the black Friday weekend.  I think I missed out.  Perhaps we'll both contact them & post the responses we get.  Congrats on the new purchase!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I haven't ordered them yet. Lol. Still deciding between dijitalfix.com and djtechtools.com. They both seem to have the best deals on these sets.

DJ TechTools has them for $159.99 + $8.50 Shipping/Handling.

DijitalFix has them for $149.99 + $11.50 Shipping/Handling.

Thing is, DJ Tech Tools seems a lot more trustworthy, seeing as they have a Youtube channel they use, and regular news posted. So I'm probably going with them. Then again, if someone says that dijitalfix is good & legit, then I'll go with them for the slight savings... maybe.

Edit:

Nvm.. Looks like those savings were black-friday deals for DJTechTools. As of now it's only available for that price at the not-so-proven DijitalFix... Can ANYONE at ALL give a definitive yes no verdict on that site..? They're real.

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #293 of 1,345
dijitalfix is legit, i've been to the store.  if you were buying cameras from a NY/brooklyn retailer then you should be concerned (unless from bhphoto, jandr, large retailers).  i wouldn't be a bit worried with dijitalfix 100% legit.  i dont know if they have the new stock or the old stock though.
thanks again for the tip.

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #294 of 1,345
thanks to BRSxIgnition for letting us know about the dijitalfix sale. dijitalfix is very official here's a video of a guy actually going to the store and checking out the tma-1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goPJzXDczGs

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #297 of 1,345
Hi guys, I'm thinking about getting these, they look really nice. One question though, is there a noticeable lack of treble? Are they bassy/boomy, and focused on the low end? Let's say I listen to an orchestra with these, will I be disappointed? Lastly, how do these compare to the Sennheiser HD 595?

Thanks.

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #299 of 1,345

Quote:
Right now, I'm down to those or the M50s, but I'm not sure yet.

Has anyone done a direct comparison between the M50 and the TMA-1 yet?  If not, I just placed my order for the latter a few minutes ago.  I've owned the M50 for a while now.  I'm not sure when I'll have the TMA, but hopefully I'll be able to do at least initial impressions next week.  Does anyone know how much break in they require or how much they actually change with break in? I've found the post-120ish hour change in the M50 to be quite pronounced and it wouldn't be fair to do a proper A-B if the TMA exhibits something similar.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #300 of 1,345
I auditioned these headphones with my Cowon O2 last week and was impressed with the overall sound.  I didn't want to pay the full price ($200 plus tax) till I found them for $149 today (Deal expires tonight) with free shipping at dijitalfix.com

OOPS!  Just noticed this has been reported above! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back