AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Dec 7, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #3,691 of 5,483
Dec 7, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #3,693 of 5,483
Unfortunately, I find the PM3 too warm and severely rolled-off in the treble. Making it sound muddy and lacking clarity and details. I like how the Aeon from high-bass all the way to the high treble region. In some cases, I like it the way it is. But if my mood calls for it I just raise the low-end starting at 150Hhz gradually rising and peak at 100Hz down to 20Hz by 3 to 6dB.
The PM-2 is more like the Aeon, and this is what I alternate back and forth with when I am working.

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #3,694 of 5,483
Now I have the Deckard which I think would pair better then most things. What are other decent Dac/Amps available right now to pair with this Can. Budget 1k.
The iFi micro iDSD BL is an excellent option.

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #3,696 of 5,483
I agree the black label sounds very nice with these. And the bass boost feature works great. Doesn't muddy up the mid range or highs. The Burson conductor V2+ can be found for around $1000. PLenty of power with multiple inputs and remote.

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #3,697 of 5,483
Would that be an upgrade to the Deckard... I don't think so right?
I suppose I misunderstood. I thought you meant to have in conjunction with the Deckard, not replace the Deckard. Unfortunately I have not heard the Deckard so I cannot compare the sound between the two.

Dec 7, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #3,698 of 5,483
The PM-2 is more like the Aeon, and this is what I alternate back and forth with when I am working.
I don't share the same impression. The Oppo lineup are similar. To me the roll off in treble is too much. Making them sound too anemic. So I disagree they have anything in common with Aeon.

Dec 7, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #3,699 of 5,483
I don't share the same impression. The Oppo lineup are similar. To me the roll off in treble is too much. Making them sound too anemic. So I disagree they have anything in common with Aeon.
It does have roll off in the treble that makes it sound less full.
But it does also have alot of detail and somewhat similar tonality.
I said that its more like the Aeon especially vs the PM-3 which sounds nothing like the Aeon and doesn't even have the same sound signature.

Dec 8, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #3,700 of 5,483
Now I have the Deckard which I think would pair better then most things. What are other decent Dac/Amps available right now to pair with this Can. Budget 1k.
I really liked the Deckard. I thought the best synergy with it came with the Beyer T1v2 actually...

If we still had it still I would definitely give it a spin and see how they pair. since the T1v2 is pretty neutral I am suspecting tonally it should be really great.
only one way to find out :)

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #3,701 of 5,483
Dec 8, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #3,702 of 5,483
HIFI+154 Awards_HeadphoneHV_MrSpeakers_LR.jpg AEON Open AND Closed just won awards from HiFi+, a PDF of the reward attached...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 8, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3,704 of 5,483
AEON Open AND Closed just won awards from HiFi+, a PDF of the reward attached...

Cheers!

Congrats. I would say it's well deserved. At $799, I cannot really find much faults in this headphones. (There are some small improvements to make, but for $799 I will not complain at all.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back