AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #2,476 of 5,483
And any experience with comparaison between Aeon and Ether C or Ether C flow?

The Ether C Flow improved on the Ether C but still has a peaky high end I don't like. The rest of the sound spectrum is nice though. I'd found the Ether Flow opens to be the best sounding Mr. Speakers headphones, also among the best sounding open I have ever heard. Better than Audeze / HiFiMan in the same price range. I THEN tried the Aeon, this was all at Can Jam NYC 2017 and while they'd sounded great and fit great it of course lacked the space of such amazing open headphones (Ether open). You'd like their Ether C even less than the Aeon I think.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #2,478 of 5,483
Any updates on availability in Germany?

My dealer told me there is no certain date...

Jul 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #2,480 of 5,483
We have them available ready to ship and we ship worldwide, just send us an email :D

Nah I want to give them a listen first...
Cheers

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #2,482 of 5,483
Never put your headphone at the edge of the desk. It might be one hit kill.
Feeling so sad now…
IyggTzh_d.jpg

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #2,486 of 5,483
Aluminum is a very soft metal, I'm surprised it just snapped like that. Usually the softer the metal, the less prone it is to snapping, but the more prone it is to scratching and denting. Maybe that's some kind of cheaper poured pot-metal that Dan is using for the arms.

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #2,489 of 5,483
Aluminum is a very soft metal, I'm surprised it just snapped like that. Usually the softer the metal, the less prone it is to snapping, but the more prone it is to scratching and denting. Maybe that's some kind of cheaper poured pot-metal that Dan is using for the arms.
My experience, both as an engineer and as someone who's crashed/tipped over his fair share of motorcycles, is that aluminium is fairly brittle. You use it for light weight, and if you want structural strength, you brace it (a lot).

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #2,490 of 5,483
It's not terribly hard to fix a break like that, we don't have to open the headphone to replace the part. Just contact us at info@mrspeakers.com and we'll setup a repair.

We actually stress test that part as part of our QA process and we did drop tests in development so the mechanical design is sound, my guess is this is bad luck and it landed exactly the wrong way to break.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back