AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jul 23, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #2,507 of 5,483
Never put your headphone at the edge of the desk. It might be one hit kill.
Feeling so sad now…
IyggTzh_d.jpg

WOW!!
From desk to floor and just like that?

Does Mr Speakers sends the parts so they can be repaired locally or is it only a 'send them back to the factory/authorized rep'?

Living in my country it would be impossible for me to send them back... (usually buy in the US and ship to a mail forwarder in FL, they send to my country and take care of taxes etc)

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #2,508 of 5,483
I completed my continuous 100 hour "burn in" yesterday and I have begun listening to my Aeons again. Being a skeptic about "burn in" I now can see there is some merit to it however I think "burn in" is an erroneous term. I think it is more like breaking in a pair a leather boots. The reason I say this is to my ears I didn't get much change in the higher end but appear to have gotten way more in the lower end. I am now hearing sub bass details I wasn't hearing before. I'd really like to compare to a pair right out of the box.

When I compare to the PM-3 I can now tell the Aeon is even from sub-bass to bass to mid bass. The PM-3 is low in the sub-bass and high in the mid-bass. As others have stated these cans are beautifully detailed and accurate. I find myself being able to hear more individual parts of sounds. Hand claps for example, you can hear the fact that there are multiple people clapping. I also notice more sibilance to vocals but it isn't a bad sound, just voices sound more real.

My flight is next week so will give my impressions on in-flight experience.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #2,509 of 5,483
I just got the foam inserts recently and now I love the AEON even more.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #2,510 of 5,483
Anybody had experience with the Aeon as a walking outside can ?
I kind of regret having sold mine before attempting to use it as a walking can.
Could the perpetual body motion and impact of steps be dammaging for the heapdhone (housing, driver, etc)?

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #2,512 of 5,483
Now that summer's finally bringing the heat where I live, and my skin is leaving shiny oils/sweat on the earpads.
What should I do to maximize the earpad's lifespan? Should I be wiping them with a wet cloth after each use?

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #2,513 of 5,483
^^ There are several leather cleaning kits that others have mentioned sold on amazon or you can also buy the one that Audeze sells for around $10. I just wipe mine with a damp cloth and then a dry cloth a few times a week.

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #2,514 of 5,483
Anybody had experience with the Aeon as a walking outside can?
If you really want a pair with good detail but not bright, with very solid mids and full bass including subs that is affordable and can work outside, consider the Phillips Fidelio L1. It folds flat, but not up into a ball. I am able to store it in a really small hard case due to that. It's "semi-open" but isolates well. The ear pads could be a little bigger, but otherwise, it's a comfortable fit.

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #2,515 of 5,483
If you really want a pair with good detail but not bright, with very solid mids and full bass including subs that is affordable and can work outside, consider the Phillips Fidelio L1. It folds flat, but not up into a ball. I am able to store it in a really small hard case due to that. It's "semi-open" but isolates well. The ear pads could be a little bigger, but otherwise, it's a comfortable fit.
Thanks a lot for the response. To be honest all I care about is the sound and absence of microphonics when I walk; because often the moving body and the steps will create booming sounds from the pressure of the housing etc.
As I recall the Aeon did not produce any such noise, which is amazing for a closed back.
Noway could I take my Alpha Prime for walk.
I currently use the HD598 for walking; not bad but noises occur im high volume and resolution is not the best.
Is the Fidelio you mention better than the HD598?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #2,516 of 5,483
earlier i posted about enjoying the Aeons with the pads, however I dislike the fact that my ears touch the pads and it seems to cause fatigue when wearing them for an hour or longer.. They still sound great without the pads, I'm still burning my pair in.
Would a little less clamping pressure help keep your ears from touching the pads? Maybe a little careful stretching out of the headband might do it?

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #2,517 of 5,483
Would a little less clamping pressure help keep your ears from touching the pads? Maybe a little careful stretching out of the headband might do it?

Never attempt that, this is not spring steel and you'll regret it... :)

The best way to reduce clamp is actually to slide the sliders up a bit and let the headphone barely carry weight on the head, that generally reduces clamp. If you cinch it too snug it increases the clamp force.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 25, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #2,518 of 5,483
Is the Fidelio you mention better than the HD598?
You have a few options. The HD598, if you like them, have a closed version now that does isolate well and is more comfortable than the original. It has a lot more sub bass, which is nice. It still has that detailed high end and the lower mids are not that full, which I believe is how the open HD598 sound. The Fidelio has less high end, it's warmer, and has more low mids and bass, than the open HD598. The highs are more like the HD650 (though not quite as "expensive" sounding in detail as HD650 is). You can get them used or open box on EBay for cheap.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #2,520 of 5,483
Where can I find out what cables Aeon users are liking?
1fPZOX0l.jpg

My Impact Audio Cables cable came last night. Used it at work today and it's awesome. Sound is exactly the same as stock (duh), but it is much more supple and manageable than the stock cable which doesn't like to bend except to coil itself back up. As an added bonus, you get to choose the connection type and cable colors.
Original size

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back