AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jun 6, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #1,831 of 5,483
Can anyone compare Aeons with Beyerdynamics T5p (2nd Gen)? I'm torn between the two. :confused: They are about the same price here.

Jun 6, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #1,836 of 5,483
Jun 6, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #1,837 of 5,483
As much as I respect you and your work, I'll have to say I can't take your word. You claim audible changes in the sound from your headphones that can not be measured? Sorry, I don't believe in magic. Pass me a DUM cable.

PS Very much enjoying my Aeons.
Just wanted to bring to light that much of what we experience through our senses cannot be objectively measured. Think pain, scent, taste, etc.

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #1,838 of 5,483
Finally got the shipping notification! Very much excited to give these headphones a real good go. I have a feeling these would pair particularly well with the Corda Classic.

It's expected to reach Sydney on Friday, which would be quite the achievement if that happens! unfortunately I am going to be interstate until Sunday night, but then on Monday it's public holiday here, so I will likely spend it with the Aeon glued to my head... :)

Will try to post my own comparative notes - vs the PM-3 out of an AK240 as a portable setup, and vs PM-1 and HE-500 out of a desktop setup. I'm still not sure in which setup it would be a better fit.

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #1,844 of 5,483
Finally got the shipping notification!

It's expected to reach Sydney on Friday, which would be quite the achievement if that happens!
Grumble grumble. It'll take till next Wednesday to reach Perth (also shipped this morning).

The wait's been a bit of a bummer, but the service has very much impressed (sending out the pads after the fact based on feedback). The thought that these will be a better and fuller version of the Ety/K701 sound sig I like is pretty exciting.

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #1,845 of 5,483
Well, I didn't read the many pages of thread here, but it would interest me to own a headphone that is of a closed back design make the grade. After all, many times that I am using headphones, it is for the purpose of some privacy. Even tonight as I was listening to music, I was also listening the air conditioner running about 10' away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back