AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jan 31, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #106 of 5,483
5k views and still hasnt sold 250 units at $699. Maybe people arent convinced or enjoy the ether flow c ? "M50xs are 95% as good as Ether C Flow" Tyll. Did innerfidelity drive people away lol They measure better sonically than the c flow. I compared the c flow to 1540 and wasnt impressed.

Who buys a headphone this expensive without trying it out first?

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #107 of 5,483

People who don't have access to try it out first. Those who buy on faith of a company. Those with expendable income. One who knows they can resell it for minimal loss.

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #108 of 5,483

Most audiophiles? 
redface.gif
  Seriously, the majority of people who will buy this headphones and others like it will not get an audition. But the good thing is that Mr. Speakers does have a return policy. 

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #110 of 5,483
You may want to check out the Audioquest Nightowls then.

Definitely taking an eye on the Nightowl and Nighthawk Carbon! I have 4 contenders on the fence right now; NO and NH Carbon, Mr Speakers Aeon, and Focal Elear. I´m aware of the 300 USD price range difference between these 4 and the obvious differences in sound presentation, guess I´ll have to keep reading reviews and impressions to find the one that suits my needs the most, but I won´t deny you I´m really tempted to empty my wallet on the Aeon 
ph34r.gif
I´ve wanted to hear a Mr Speakers headphone from a while ago.

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #111 of 5,483
5k views and still hasnt sold 250 units at $699. Maybe people arent convinced or enjoy the ether flow c ? "M50xs are 95% as good as Ether C Flow" Tyll. Did innerfidelity drive people away lol They measure better sonically than the c flow. I compared the c flow to 1540 and wasnt impressed.

Weren't impressed with the flow or the 1540?

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #112 of 5,483
I'd personally need to hear these first. I was a fan of the Mad Dog but the Ether Line has been IMO some of the most overpriced, lacklustre headphones I've heard on those price points with too many issues to let slide.

I think more balanced tuning like the Aeon in Tylls measurements, good distortion and hopefully a pleasant tuning could make this the best headphone Mrspeakers has put out.

Can't wait to try these. I hope an open backed version is in the works as closed headphones really have limitations.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #113 of 5,483

Most audiophiles? :xf_eek:   Seriously, the majority of people who will buy this headphones and others like it will not get an audition. But the good thing is that Mr. Speakers does have a return policy. 

The return policy does not apply to the first 250 pairs that sell $100 cheaper than retail price.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #115 of 5,483
Dan will this include a speaker long enough for desktop listening or a short one only for phones/daps in pocket?

edit: answered my own question, the cord is shown in tyll's picture.. course it could be a prototype or change before shipping

DUMMER is a 6' copper cable with the same outer housing we use on DUM. The cable is slightly thinner with a more flexible housing on the cable. It has a dual 3.5mm and 1/4" tip. It's more supple than the DUM cable, and not quite as resolving in the highs. Also, it's not a Neutrik plug.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 31, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #116 of 5,483
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't iems cable length, or I'd have to diy a long one. 6 feet should be good!

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #117 of 5,483
Will these pair well with a OTL amp?

We will have a Liquid Tungsten to demo with in NY. I'm a bit hesitant to make a general statement as some OTL amps don't work so well with low impedance loads. We'll try it out with the Valhalla 2 if Schiit brings one to CanJam.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #118 of 5,483
@mrspeakers I´m triying to buy the Aeon through the link you provided us but when I proceed the Checkout the shipping section says "There are no shipping methods available. Please double check your address, or contact us if you need any help". I already updated my address in the account section. Isn´t this supposed to be a worldwide preorder? I live in Colombia, South America.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #119 of 5,483
@mrspeakers
I´m triying to buy the Aeon through the link you provided us but when I proceed the Checkout the shipping section says "There are no shipping methods available. Please double check your address, or contact us if you need any help". I already updated my address in the account section. Isn´t this supposed to be a worldwide preorder? I live in Colombia, South America.

Hi... This sometimes happens if the system can't figure out your shipping address. For example, Hong Kong has no postal code, so if you enter 0000 it will then generate shipping. That's the only address issue I've been aware of to date.... If this doesn't apply to you, please PM me your information and I'll see if I can correct the system.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #120 of 5,483
Hi... This sometimes happens if the system can't figure out your shipping address. For example, Hong Kong has no postal code, so if you enter 0000 it will then generate shipping. That's the only address issue I've been aware of to date.... If this doesn't apply to you, please PM me your information and I'll see if I can correct the system.

Thank you, I´ll send you a PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back