AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jan 30, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #61 of 5,483
  watch Tyll's review of the ether c flow, that was his words

​While I greatly respect Tyll's professional opinion, there have been several times where I have absolutely disagreed with him.

This would be another one of those times.

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #62 of 5,483
Hope to be able to get mine ordered in a couple of hours and that the price will stay under A$1,000 including postage to avoid taxes :)
I own the PM-3, a closed planar portable headphone, but this would be portable at another level. Tried Sine but wasn't too impressed with the sound and comfort was, like well, what comfort? :)

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #63 of 5,483
Subbed, looking for a clear, detailed, full bodied and still musical sounding headphone between 700-1300 USD price range. I haven´t heard any Mr Speakers headphone yet but its a well regarded brand with very good reviews on the Ether C and Ether C Flow, please share some AEON reviews!

EDIT: Or first impressions maybe? :L3000:

You may want to check out the Audioquest Nightowls then.

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #64 of 5,483
Looking forward to see & hear this at CJNYC. Sub'ed.

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #65 of 5,483
Subbed to this one, waiting for the open version 
biggrin.gif

All black please, not vivid toy like colors like the original Ether, and then you have my wallet bleeding :)

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #66 of 5,483
Hmn,  So I could upgrade my Ether C through the local distributer to the Flow for $900au or buy these for $1000au and have 2 pairs of headphones.

*Rubs chin*

While I am sad I recently bought the Ether C and could have grabbed these as I think the size etc would actually be better for my use case, I am absolutely stoked to see this quality of headphone in this price range.  I think for far too long the price of headphones has been getting crazy in order to get that top level of sound quality.

Another TICK for Dan!

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #68 of 5,483
  Tyll returned these back to Dan does this mean they are not going on WOF!!

No, that is NOT what this means.  These were pre-production units, they should be identical to full production sonically but a few details need to be finished, like the head strap will change.  

Tyll does not do reviews or put pre-production units on the WOF.  I sent him this because I thought he'd be interested, but it was clear to both of us in advance this was a preview only.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 30, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #69 of 5,483
Does the Aeon have smaller drivers (surface area) than the Ether line? Not sure if anyone can divulge that info, but I'm quite interested.

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #71 of 5,483
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 30, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #72 of 5,483
What's the impedance?

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #73 of 5,483

Yes, it's ~2/3 the size

Hey Dan - how does the pad size compare to the Ether Flow?
I love how it fits my big ears easily. Hope the Aeon pads are as big (despite smaller driver)...

Also, comparing the Ether Flow and Ether C Flow at CanJam in Denver - I preferred the open back (and bought them! 
L3000.gif
).  I still wish I find REALLY good closed headphones (in addition to the Ether Flows, for late night listening).  Listening mostly to rock music - am I likely to like the Aeon better than Ether C Flow in your opinion?  You were not the least surprised I liked the open back better for rock music, but still hoping the Aeon tuning is such that I would like it better than closed back Ether C Flow...

Thanks,
Zachi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back