1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mrspeakers, Jan 30, 2017.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. XERO1

​While I greatly respect Tyll's professional opinion, there have been several times where I have absolutely disagreed with him.

This would be another one of those times.

2. sabloke
    Hope to be able to get mine ordered in a couple of hours and that the price will stay under A$1,000 including postage to avoid taxes :)
    I own the PM-3, a closed planar portable headphone, but this would be portable at another level. Tried Sine but wasn't too impressed with the sound and comfort was, like well, what comfort? :)

3. shurealltheway

You may want to check out the Audioquest Nightowls then.

4. m8o
    Looking forward to see & hear this at CJNYC. Sub'ed.

5. ToroFiestaSol
    Subbed to this one, waiting for the open version [​IMG] 
    All black please, not vivid toy like colors like the original Ether, and then you have my wallet bleeding :)

6. Wyd4
    Hmn,  So I could upgrade my Ether C through the local distributer to the Flow for $900au or buy these for $1000au and have 2 pairs of headphones.

*Rubs chin*

While I am sad I recently bought the Ether C and could have grabbed these as I think the size etc would actually be better for my use case, I am absolutely stoked to see this quality of headphone in this price range.  I think for far too long the price of headphones has been getting crazy in order to get that top level of sound quality.

Another TICK for Dan!

7. ToroFiestaSol
    Which are the dimensions of the cups? 
    I mean, not the entire cup, but the place were ears will be

Sorry if I can't explain it better, it sucks to be a non native speaker xD

8. mrspeakers Contributor

No, that is NOT what this means.  These were pre-production units, they should be identical to full production sonically but a few details need to be finished, like the head strap will change.  

Tyll does not do reviews or put pre-production units on the WOF.  I sent him this because I thought he'd be interested, but it was clear to both of us in advance this was a preview only.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    ToroFiestaSol likes this.
  9. Nick-s-f
    Does the Aeon have smaller drivers (surface area) than the Ether line? Not sure if anyone can divulge that info, but I'm quite interested.

10. skablin
    Is the headband adjustable?

11. mrspeakers Contributor

Yes, it's ~2/3 the size

Absolutely

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    skablin likes this.
  12. Astral Abyss
    What's the impedance?

13. Zachik

Hey Dan - how does the pad size compare to the Ether Flow?
    I love how it fits my big ears easily. Hope the Aeon pads are as big (despite smaller driver)...

Also, comparing the Ether Flow and Ether C Flow at CanJam in Denver - I preferred the open back (and bought them! [​IMG]).  I still wish I find REALLY good closed headphones (in addition to the Ether Flows, for late night listening).  Listening mostly to rock music - am I likely to like the Aeon better than Ether C Flow in your opinion?  You were not the least surprised I liked the open back better for rock music, but still hoping the Aeon tuning is such that I would like it better than closed back Ether C Flow...

Thanks,
    Zachi.

14. Zyker
    Well, got mine ordered.

15. Sharkhunter
    where is the link?

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last