1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mrspeakers, Jan 30, 2017.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. MattTCG
    I have a full review upcoming for these. They have been glued to my head for the past several weeks. Here are a few teasers...

1. Most comfortable Mr. Speakers phones ever. Weighing just under 340 grams. You know that I love the weight reduction. [​IMG]

2. The sound signature will have a broad appeal and is instantly enjoyable. 

3. Aeon is not a slight redesign from ETHER. There is lot's of new tech here. 

Alu, YtseJamer, reddog and 1 other person like this.
  2. TMRaven
    With the way the carbon fiber is inset, looks like could quite possibly be an open version too.  

3. canthearyou
    Hmmmmmm.......

4. Cagin
    Ok this is going to be my 1st Mr Speakers headphone. I won't have to sell my Empire Zeus R ciems to afford the Ether C. I can keep it and get the Aeon 0:)
    I hope I'll be able to pre-order with PayPal.

5. Sharkhunter
    Count me in. I am excited.

6. KaspianXL
    Does anybody know if the Dragonfly Red has enough power for these? Sensitivity spec is 97 dB/mW. Impedance not listed. Thanks very much.

7. MrBreakfst
    Everything about this is reminding me of Audeze's launch of the EL-8

Good luck 

8. canthearyou

So a picture of a new headphone and a few posts reminds you of another launch? No way! Get outta here!

BTW, nice 2nd post.

John2e likes this.
  9. pureangus62

Not helping my temptation...

Would you consider them Prime killers?

10. canthearyou

Any popular headphones that they sound similar to?

11. SHAMuuu
    Are soft teardrop shapes the new thing? Even that new 6k$ hifiman looks soft in appearance.

This one looks nice, but i was surprised as I thought the Ethers that Tyll Reviewed just came out

Guess i live under a rock !

[​IMG]

12. Delayeed
    Good news! I think people have wanted a more affordable headphone from you guys since the Alpha Dog :D

13. LepakVT
    Is that 5PM San Diego time? 

I really want a good sub-$1k closed back solution in my life!

14. YtseJamer

I'm very curious to hear your feedback about the Aeon vs the new AudioQuest NightOwl [​IMG]

canali likes this.
  15. Stillhart

Absolutely.  These things are very easy to drive for a planar and will get decently loud right out of a phone.

Unlike the EL-8 at launch, this sounds good.  (OOOH, BURN!)

It sounds similar to the Ether Flow and Ether C Flow, though not exactly the same obviously.

I heard the NightOwl at CES and, from memory, I'd say the NightOwl is going for that AQ dark sound while the AEON is going for the balanced Flow sound.  

KaspianXL likes this.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last