AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Sep 30, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #3,091 of 5,483
I already own the Aeon Flow Closed, but I still want to pull the trigger on the opened variant.

Sep 30, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #3,092 of 5,483
FYI, we've just announced our ÆON Flow, Open headphone.

Shipping by October 15, ÆON Flow, Open offers many of the sonic attributes of ÆON Flow, Closed, but with a richer transition from the bass to mids that makes bass guitar, drums and acoustic bass sound natural and full, while ÆON Flow, Closed delivers about 3dB more bass output below 45Hz.

I just said I wanted this a few pages ago! Wishes do come true!

Placing order now...

Sep 30, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #3,093 of 5,483
I'm rocking away on a late beta Aeon Flow Open with production level tuning right now. Wow, these are just exquisite headphones. You guys are truly in for a treat. I think maybe that Dan and the MrSpeakers team overshot the performance a bit with this one.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #3,094 of 5,483
I'm rocking away on a late beta Aeon Flow Open with production level tuning right now. Wow, these are just exquisite headphones. You guys are truly in for a treat. I think maybe that Dan and the MrSpeakers team overshot the performance a bit with this one.
Guess we're going to have to make a separate impressions thread for the open-back model.

That sounds promising. I can't wait to get mine.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #3,095 of 5,483

Shipping by October 15, ÆON Flow, Open offers many of the sonic attributes of ÆON Flow, Closed, but with a richer transition from the bass to mids that makes bass guitar, drums and acoustic bass sound natural and full, while ÆON Flow, Closed delivers about 3dB more bass output below 45Hz.

Dan, what are those headphone stands you have the ÆONs on?

Sep 30, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #3,097 of 5,483
Whaaaaaat.... Do they have a different sound signature than the closed version? The only reason for me not to buy these would be if they sound the same as the closed. And the closed have a very high WAF.

Sep 30, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #3,099 of 5,483
Oct 1, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #3,100 of 5,483
Would be interesting to hear the Aeon Open. Let's see if I can join CanJam SG next year, as it might the earliest chance to hear this in SEA. :)

Anyway, @mrspeakers are you going to put the replacement foam filter on the website? I think you mentioned you will though.

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #3,101 of 5,483
Matt - how do they compare, in your opinion, to the Ether Flow (open)?

Oct 1, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #3,103 of 5,483
On the recent Head Fi TV, Jude said that although he still prefered the Ether C Flow to the Aeon Closed, he can't yet decide whether the Ether Flow or the Aeon Open is better. I know Jude rarely has anything negative to say in these presentations, but he seemed genuinely very impressed by the Aeon Open. He didn't really go into specifics on the sound signature from what I recall.

Oct 1, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #3,104 of 5,483

Ohh, whyyy... now, after some experience with closed version, I wanna try this open one too. Is the soundstage wider?
It looks fantastic, even better than closed version. Which version was planned first? Or else, did you plan to make open version since the beginning?

By the way, are those plastic cups 3D printed? What about those aluminum parts? Are they machined from billet or die casted?

Too bad you don't have pictures of internals, drivers, diaphramgs and manufacturing process somewhere. I really do enjoy making of informations.

Oct 1, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #3,105 of 5,483
hmm so the open has 3dB less around 45hz than open. Looks like just taking the foam off from the close and you have the open. Anyway, the aeon open will be just as interesting. But I already got the open cans experience fully covered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back