Advanced AcousticWerkes W500 Hybrid Flagship Thread
Dec 7, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #61 of 198
  Any recommendations for a portable rig for my new (struggle is real) ciems? hahaha 
tongue.gif

I really like mine with DX80. Definitely a better match compared to Fiio X3ii. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #65 of 198
  The very first one sadly :/ Any portable amps to recommend as well ?

W500 is not the hardest to drive to be honest. You should first see how the pairing goes with your AK100. If you are unsatisfied then just look for better options.

IIRC the AK100 has a really high output impedance, which is a potential problem. Personally I am not a fan of DAP + amp stacks as I hate lugging around the bulk. If I were to upgrade I would simply go for a better DAP.  

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #66 of 198
  W500 is not the hardest to drive to be honest. You should first see how the pairing goes with your AK100. If you are unsatisfied then just look for better options.

IIRC the AK100 has a really high output impedance, which is a potential problem. Personally I am not a fan of DAP + amp stacks as I hate lugging around the bulk. If I were to upgrade I would simply go for a better DAP.  

haha im a huge fan of dac + amp. My dream was ak100 + vorzuge amp but didnt have the savings for one

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #67 of 198
Has anyone tried the Mojo with this?

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #68 of 198
I'm sure I'll love it!! My first ciems. I'm going for a total white, non translucent shell with black engraved AAW logo. Will match nicely to the black French Silk CIEM Q-Cable I've ordered (all copper). Can't wait

Hey, that's unique. I don't recall seeing a lot of opaque white CIEMs around. I hope they turn out stellar! 
smile.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #69 of 198
  haha im a huge fan of dac + amp. My dream was ak100 + vorzuge amp but didnt have the savings for one

The VorzAMP pure II and Duo are some of the best portable amps out there. Small, but packing a lot of power, they bring adequate body and authority. If you have not tried them out yet, you should. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #70 of 198

The VorzAMP pure II and Duo are some of the best portable amps out there. Small, but packing a lot of power, they bring adequate body and authority. If you have not tried them out yet, you should. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thats awesome i now know what to get myself for my birthday/ Christmas present soon ! haha

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #72 of 198
Well, I took a plunge yesterday and ordered the W500 AMorph customs. Upgraded my cable to the vitesse 8 braided copper cable with balanced output as well. 

Null audio was professional and have responded to my queries very quickly. Lets hope the professionalism continues throughout the process. 

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #73 of 198
  Well, I took a plunge yesterday and ordered the W500 AMorph customs. Upgraded my cable to the vitesse 8 braided copper cable with balanced output as well. 

Null audio was professional and have responded to my queries very quickly. Lets hope the professionalism continues throughout the process. 

Yeah the few times I've dealt with them they answer your emails within half hour which is quite scary haha.

Congrats on your purchase! Mine are incoming too and I wish I'd upgraded the cables like you did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back