Advanced AcousticWerkes W500 Hybrid Flagship Thread
Nov 3, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #46 of 198
  The pearl faceplates are definitely different and somewhat special. I was going to go for one first but it looked too much like jewelry for my taste.. Adel also offers them if I understand correctly from Jason's review.

Problem with 64 Audio is they've completely revamped their manufacturing process, using 3D printing now I think. So the shell options are limited to only black and clear for now. Hope that will change in the near future.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #48 of 198
Ah ok. Well that makes the AAW pearl more unique at the moment :wink: Which one did you get? I was thinking of getting the cream pearl with a red tralucent shell.

I got a purple and an emerald plate, with matching translucent shells. Can't wait actually.

I'd be curious to know how the W500 sounds next to the Solar. Heard it beats the K10 at its own game.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #49 of 198
  The pearl faceplates are definitely different and somewhat special. I was going to go for one first but it looked too much like jewelry for my taste.. Adel also offers them if I understand correctly from Jason's review.

The mother of pearl really looks stunning. To be honest, I was expecting something a lot worse, but I was pleasantly surprised when I received them. In the looks category alone, they exceeded my expectations.. by quite a margin, in fact.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #51 of 198
  Yeah I saw a pic of your blue ones - it looks absolutely fantastic.

Thanks! Yep, they look sparkling. Very impressive!

Btw, did you go with a MOP faceplate too? What color did you get?

Edit: Sorry, just went back and read that you decided against the MOP. What design did you get in the end?

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #52 of 198
I got a custom design.. Did a bit of experimenting but I'm not sure the faceplate will match the shell color.. It will either look great or slightly off.

That's my only concern about the W500 at the moment 
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #54 of 198
Congrats on the purchase! Mine are incoming as well. Do post pics when you get yours.

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #55 of 198
Dec 7, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #59 of 198

I'm sure I'll love it!! My first ciems. I'm going for a total white, non translucent shell with black engraved AAW logo. Will match nicely to the black French Silk CIEM Q-Cable I've ordered (all copper). Can't wait!

Haha the wait is TOO real. But I'm to be united with my LCD-XC in a few days time, so that will fill the month of audio bliss before getting my W500. I'm interested to match the XC with the W500's signature, see how they compare. Both superb bass, so I've read. I also have a Q-cable for the XC's 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back