Advanced AcousticWerkes W500 Hybrid Flagship Thread
Jan 26, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #196 of 198
Hello!

Thanks for replying!

And thank you for your offer also.

I do agree that this is a 'generic' online custom IEMs issue, not specific to AAW.
(And options outside of online sellers are limited...)

I am OK with the (likely) need for fit adjustments.
i used to buy custom shirts and coats online: slight adjustments were often part of the process.
Some shirt seller actually offer a "test shirt" at a low price that allows to make all the adjustments before purchasing more expensive or numerous shirts, making the process less expensive for everybody.
I also wear glasses and it is usual that you need slight comfort adjustments during the first weeks.
I also wear custom ear protection, with no problem (but they are silicon, so probably demand less precise adjustments).

What I am not confident with is how this re-fit process works.
When everything seems not okay (pressure on one bone, seal different on the two ears, incorrect seal for both ears...) which suggest multiple adjustments might be necessary, I was expecting to redo prints.
Not that I was expecting you to re-shell the IEMs (I guess there are cheaper and more efficient way to proceed...and that's you industrial process anyway), but at least to have a reference.
Instead, it turned out to be a kind of guess game, with multiple email exchanges.
What is VERY time consuming (also for your team).
What I do not feel confident with at all.

Best regards

I agree that refit process can be hard to swallow at times. so whether you wish to send us a print to kick off the refit process or go with the universal fit, let us know when you have made the decision. Refer to a couple of replies above, there is a gentleman with W500 universal and it is should be the shape and fit you can expect.Personally give the geographical distance between us, a universal form will be my recommendation.

Just FYI, there is also and upgrade program for AAW IEMs, since we have actually just released new models this January and rendered W500 discontinued. If you are interested in learning more above that and take advantage of shipping the IEM to us, shoot us an email @ support@aaw.me to discuss:)

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #197 of 198
I agree that refit process can be hard to swallow at times. so whether you wish to send us a print to kick off the refit process or go with the universal fit, let us know when you have made the decision. Refer to a couple of replies above, there is a gentleman with W500 universal and it is should be the shape and fit you can expect.Personally give the geographical distance between us, a universal form will be my recommendation.

Just FYI, there is also and upgrade program for AAW IEMs, since we have actually just released new models this January and rendered W500 discontinued. If you are interested in learning more above that and take advantage of shipping the IEM to us, shoot us an email @ support@aaw.me to discuss:)

I am quite impressed with the quick responses from Dr. Grace at AAW. I remember when I initially purchased my universal W500 back in November 2018 I got a couple of emails from Dr. Grace to inform me of my order status.

I recently received a pair of JH Audio CIEM from one of the head-fi members. I was thinking about doing a CIEM re-shell. However, after reading the posts from webseb I started to have the second thought. Maybe I should just make it a UIEM re-shell.

So far I am very happy with the universal W500. The shell is definitely on the larger side (they have to fit a 10mm DD and 4 BAs in there) but they still feel quite comfortable. I can wear them for several hours without sore or fatigue. They also provide the soundstage that's comparable to the full-size headphones. The only thing I wish I could have had is the adjustable bass Knob, oh and in red or ruby color.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #198 of 198
It is also worth noting that it is Saturday night here in Singapore, it is probably outside business hour for NA to get back to you. We take our customer feedback seriously and that is why I am here to discuss with you on your CIEM experience. If you have futher questions, feel free to PM me or shoot an email to support@aaw.me, thanks!

If I understand correctly, NA review system is manually vetted to prevent spams. For any 2 star or below review they will reach out to customer before publishing and try to find a solution for you, given if there is no amicable solution, then it will be published as it is. Given the weekend schedule, that probably will not happen until Monday, Singapore time.

I hope the above answered your questions, looking forward to your reply:wink:
Hello,

Thanks again for your support.

I'll send you an email today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back