Acoustune Impressions thread
Jan 12, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #211 of 805
I read a few short Chinese impressions, they said it is good deal for the price point, it is slightly warmer leaning and good for pop music.
There is also a Hong Kong youtube stream about it as well, didn't talk too much about the sound, just said it is a good entry model to experience the Acoustune house sound, fit seems great though.

Jan 12, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #212 of 805
I read a few short Chinese impressions, they said it is good deal for the price point, it is slightly warmer leaning and good for pop music.
There is also a Hong Kong youtube stream about it as well, didn't talk too much about the sound, just said it is a good entry model to experience the Acoustune house sound, fit seems great though.
Yeah, I was also reading some first impressions and it seems good but would be interesting to hear some comparisons. Did you buy one?

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #215 of 805
Yeah, I was also reading some first impressions and it seems good but would be interesting to hear some comparisons. Did you buy one?

Overall, Acoustune house sound: Excellent Mid bass, organic mids, very resolving treble.
Furthermore, sound field should be above average on all directions, even for the 1300ss, according to the impressions...

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #217 of 805
Both are out of my budget right now so I'll probably wait for the 16xx series

Re: 1600 series:
1657 - bassy, organic mids, relaxed resolving treble
1677 - mid bass emphasis, organic mids, Bright resolving treble, highly engaging, enormous sound field (a slight improvement over my 1670ss esp. cable)
If your sensitive to trebles, 1657 is best, the bassyness can be solved by just upgrading the ear tips to Spiral dots++ & @ the same time, add more upper treble detail

The impression below is accurate
1610518546718.png

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #218 of 805
Re: 1600 series:
1657 - bassy, organic mids, relaxed resolving treble
1677 - mid bass emphasis, organic mids, Bright resolving treble, highly engaging, enormous sound field (a slight improvement over my 1670ss esp. cable)
If your sensitive to trebles, 1657 is best, the bassyness can be solved by just upgrading the ear tips to Spiral dots++ & @ the same time, add more upper treble detail

The impression below is accurate
1610518546718.png
Really helpful, thanks! The last comparisons reflect which model has "more" bass, treble and tone, right?

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #219 of 805
Really helpful, thanks! The last comparisons reflect which model has "more" bass, treble and tone, right?
Yes, you are right.
1657 has more bass...

Jan 13, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #220 of 805
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #221 of 805
Greetings all. Thinking about getting the HS1677SS and was wondering if any of you have an opinion between that and the new Dunu Zen. Both our DD and priced the same. I like the built in Japan craftsmanship of the Acoustune but sound and comfort of course are the main considerations. I intend to use my Chord mojo with Android OTG as the source. For another $220 do most of you suggest going all the way to the HS1697Ti? This will likely be the only IEM I will buy for the next year and a half so I want to purchase wisely. I also might consider getting the HS1300SS with the intentions of upgrading sooner than that. Thanks

Jan 15, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #222 of 805
Greetings all. Thinking about getting the HS1677SS and was wondering if any of you have an opinion between that and the new Dunu Zen. Both our DD and priced the same. I like the built in Japan craftsmanship of the Acoustune but sound and comfort of course are the main considerations. I intend to use my Chord mojo with Android OTG as the source. For another $220 do most of you suggest going all the way to the HS1697Ti? This will likely be the only IEM I will buy for the next year and a half so I want to purchase wisely. I also might consider getting the HS1300SS with the intentions of upgrading sooner than that. Thanks

Without knowing your preference, it's hard to give a recommendation and it's always best to audition a product before purchasing it. The 1677SS is very energetic and mid forward, so source matching is necessary to prevent listening fatigue. The 1697TI has a totally different presentation, so it's hard to compare directly, but it is definitely a step above in terms of technicality and overall performance.

Something else to consider is that the Acoustune uses Pentaconn Ears connectors, so cable options are limited at this point and are usually more costly. The Dunu might be a better choice if you're into cable swapping. If you can, I would suggest holding off for another few months to see what new products Dunu and Accoustune are pushing out. Acoustune already revealed a prototype of their new 2xxx series flagship, and with how quick their product cycle is, I'd expect a new release sometime mid year.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #224 of 805
I saw some Chinese impressions of the HS1300 that says it sounds better than the 1677, it's just one person's opinion but now I am definitely more interested in the HS1300

I think given the impressions from the Youtuber, the 1300 is a more tonally balanced and sweeter sounding iem, a less bright version of the 1677 if you will. But again, he explained that because it's an entry level product with a 3rd gen myrinx driver, it can't compete with the more expensive models in absolute performance.

Jan 15, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #225 of 805
Thanks for the responses. Actually it does make sense to wait a while. I mostly use my IEM's in the warm weather months and that's about four months away in Michigan. And thanks for the heads up on the new models coming out. I have seen over the last few days at least that the acoustune main website doesn't seem to be working. Since I really didn't even know about them until a few days ago I started to worry that maybe they had gone out of business, so a heads up on new models coming out is good to hear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back