Acoustune Impressions thread
Jan 16, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #226 of 805
I think given the impressions from the Youtuber, the 1300 is a more tonally balanced and sweeter sounding iem, a less bright version of the 1677 if you will. But again, he explained that because it's an entry level product with a 3rd gen myrinx driver, it can't compete with the more expensive models in absolute performance.
Did he say someting about comparisons with other brands?

Jan 16, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #227 of 805
Greetings all. Thinking about getting the HS1677SS and was wondering if any of you have an opinion between that and the new Dunu Zen. Both our DD and priced the same. I like the built in Japan craftsmanship of the Acoustune but sound and comfort of course are the main considerations. I intend to use my Chord mojo with Android OTG as the source. For another $220 do most of you suggest going all the way to the HS1697Ti? This will likely be the only IEM I will buy for the next year and a half so I want to purchase wisely. I also might consider getting the HS1300SS with the intentions of upgrading sooner than that. Thanks

Yes, go for the '97ti. If funds allow, i'd get that, coming from a 1670 (the old flagship). If you can back read, a fellow Acoustune owner, sold its usd.1850 iem in favour of the '97ti. Dynamic bass won over BA bass, including other high quality traits from Acoustune, organic mids, detailed trebles, coherence and large sound field...

Jan 17, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #228 of 805
I think given the impressions from the Youtuber, the 1300 is a more tonally balanced and sweeter sounding iem, a less bright version of the 1677 if you will. But again, he explained that because it's an entry level product with a 3rd gen myrinx driver, it can't compete with the more expensive models in absolute performance.

i know someone, purchased the 1300ss. Will ask to share his impressions here..

Jan 17, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #230 of 805
Hello guys, I bought Acoustune HS1300SS with suggestion of @ehjie. Purchased from accessoryjack, they also very good people, good customer service although there is time difference between HongKong and Turkey. I am really curious to try it. I will get it within 2-3 weeks. Planning to drive it via FiiO BTR5.

I am very much hoping, as well as @crax1905 is very hopeful Acoustune House sound will be in this model...

Jan 17, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #231 of 805
i know someone, purchased the 1300ss. Will ask to share his impressions here..
Somebody mentioned that new Acoustune models are expected within the next few months, of course I don't know if that is confirmed anywhere. When it does happen, I wonder if the 1300 aluminum housing is going to be utilized

Jan 17, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #232 of 805
Thanks for the responses. Actually it does make sense to wait a while. I mostly use my IEM's in the warm weather months and that's about four months away in Michigan. And thanks for the heads up on the new models coming out. I have seen over the last few days at least that the acoustune main website doesn't seem to be working. Since I really didn't even know about them until a few days ago I started to worry that maybe they had gone out of business, so a heads up on new models coming out is good to hear
If you speak Japanese, the website of acoustune's Japanese distributor, aiuto, is much more useful than acoustune’s official website. (Or you can read it through Google Translate)
https://www.aiuto-jp.co.jp/acoustune/

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #233 of 805
Somebody mentioned that new Acoustune models are expected within the next few months, of course I don't know if that is confirmed anywhere. When it does happen, I wonder if the 1300 aluminum housing is going to be utilized

https://www.e-earphone.jp/products/detail/1304097/2670/

The stocks fluctuate. Last week was out of stock, then came in a few just a couple of days...
Literature courtesy https://www.aiuto-jp.co.jp/information/entry_1110.php (kindly re-read as "Myrinx driver")
1610899853315.png

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #234 of 805
Hello guys, I bought Acoustune HS1300SS with suggestion of @ehjie. Purchased from accessoryjack, they also very good people, good customer service although there is time difference between HongKong and Turkey. I am really curious to try it. I will get it within 2-3 weeks. Planning to drive it via FiiO BTR5.
Please share your impressions once it arrives

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #237 of 805
Is this the thread for 1300 shilling? I'll post this elsewhare if you would kindly point me to the proper 1300 thread

Anyways the 1300
Bad:
-thinish imaging(its a plus to me but I know people that want thicker imaging)
-Bass slam a tad slow on the decay
-not as much subbass rumble as the big boi 1650
-recessed male vocals. The V shape is serously noticable
-quite shallow insert, havent tried extended listening but potentially tiring due to not very good anchoring(naturally YMMV as everyones ears are different)

Good:
-Detail consistent thoughout the FR
-Has excessive air compared to harman. Makes esp female vocals soar and very open sounding.
-Very clean bass even though its quite boosted. never covers the recessed male vocals thanks in part to how it images as well.
-very accurate imaging with decent center image
-Takes to eq well

I feel that the 1300 is for people that want a clean yet bassy iem. Detail while it cannot compete with its big brothers 16XX is still very good for the price range and honestly gives oxygen a run for its money. Totally recomend it unless you absolutely hate recessed male vocals(you can kind of eq male vocals to have more presence but you cant boost 500 to 1k by more then 3dB without destroying the tonal balance of the rest of the FR to my ears). Still need to play with it more though, its quite reactive to eq so I think most people will find something they like as long as its not thicker imaging lol.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #238 of 805
3D
Is this the thread for 1300 shilling? I'll post this elsewhare if you would kindly point me to the proper 1300 thread

Anyways the 1300
Bad:
-quite shallow insert, havent tried extended listening but potentially tiring due to not very good anchoring(naturally YMMV as everyones ears are different)

Good:
-Has excessive air compared to harman. Makes esp female vocals soar and very open sounding.
-Very clean bass even though its quite boosted. never covers the recessed male vocals thanks in part to how it images as well.
-Takes to eq well

I feel that the 1300 is for people that want a clean yet bassy iem. Detail while it cannot compete with its big brothers 16XX is still very good for the price range and honestly gives oxygen a run for its money. Totally recomend it unless you absolutely hate recessed male vocals(you can kind of eq male vocals to have more presence but you cant boost 500 to 1k by more then 3dB without destroying the tonal balance of the rest of the FR to my ears). Still need to play with it more though, its quite reactive to eq so I think most people will find something they like as long as its not thicker imaging lol.

Given the ss moniker, it makes sense that it's tuned like the 1677. Maybe they'll release a cu version with a bassier tuning.

Jan 20, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #239 of 805

Anyways the 1300
Bad:

Good:
-Takes to eq well

Thanks for the feedback! What would you consider a step up of the 1300 from Acoustune's lineup? 1657?

Jan 20, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #240 of 805
Thanks for the feedback! What would you consider a step up of the 1300 from Acoustune's lineup? 1657?
I would say yes with a few caviets. 1657 dispite being smoother has better controlled bass and and slightly fuller. Also 1300 is quite agrassive in the decay leading to a cleaner sounding iem which might not be better depending on the music you listen to. I would say 1300 is kind of a compromise between 1657 and 1677 sound wise. One thing i like is the lack of 8k sharpness on the 1300 letting you crank the volume up as compared to the 1677.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back