Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jun 8, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,441 of 2,999
I have the Vido with mic and have to disagree, it is detailed and airy sounding. Give it the extra time you mention or maybe try it with donut foams? You also have to remember the price point we´re dealing with and so far the Vido´s price to performance is unbeatable.
One question, how Donut foams are different from full foam which comes with Vido (or any earbud). Price is low for Mic that is true but SHE3800 is slightly better than Vido in terms of details. Still, I am giving it some time. It is not that it is very bad, just not as good as I expected. But one thing is there, my iPod Nano was sounding better with this Vido version. As iPod soundcard already has great clarity and in fact Nano 7 was too bright, Vido with Mic nullify that and sounding slightly better. In fact, I am thinking if there is any ear bud which is full of Bass and Warmness only and almost no clarity, then that will make iPod sounding even better. Is there any earbud which is like this? But not too expensive.

Jun 8, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #1,442 of 2,999
@AkashS04 maybe try to play around EQs in your Nano with your current buds? Donut foams improves bass without losing much clarity since it's open at the center. If you don't want to buy you can try cutting full foams at the center or use a paper puncher and punch holes

Jun 8, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #1,444 of 2,999
I must agree with @AkashS04 thay the mic version having less bass than the stock. But mine was from taobao with horribly cheap cables.

The donut foams like @Luan Dee said seem to bring out the natural sound of the bud without dampening the trebles or muffles the bass.

Anw i left my buds at work and am enjoying this sorta vintage setup. And just so that i have t he donut foams over this Qian! This Qian39 have some serious clear sound and is very detailed! Donna makes it even better too xD
IMG_20170609_004449-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #1,445 of 2,999
I must agree with @AkashS04 thay the mic version having less bass than the stock. But mine was from taobao with horribly cheap cables.

The donut foams like @Luan Dee said seem to bring out the natural sound of the bud without dampening the trebles or muffles the bass.

Anw i left my buds at work and am enjoying this sorta vintage setup. And just so that i have t he donut foams over this Qian! This Qian39 have some serious clear sound and is very detailed! Donna makes it even better too xD

It's funny with our different buds or ears or probably both. I recently tried my qian 39 as people keep talking nice about them, and to my ears they (with donuts) are the most veiled and muddy buds I have. But my mic'ed vidos are also unclear and less dynamic compared to the un-mic'ed ones, so there's some consistency right there :o2smile:

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,446 of 2,999
It's funny with our different buds or ears or probably both. I recently tried my qian 39 as people keep talking nice about them, and to my ears they (with donuts) are the most veiled and muddy buds I have. But my mic'ed vidos are also unclear and less dynamic compared to the un-mic'ed ones, so there's some consistency right there :o2smile:
I cant really remb how the stock Qian sounds like though, maybe i should open one of the spares to try (wont be back home till next mon). But iirc they are really bassy, with ok mids and trebles, but the comfort is the champion of all bud as they are relatively small.

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,447 of 2,999
Vido with mic lacks complete details. Just heavy sound I am hearing and no details at all it seems. Still giving it some time. Need to compare with and without mic together to confirm this.

I have the same impression, for now the qian25 is my favorite. Not sure if i want to order another vido but people seem to be raving hard about it.

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #1,448 of 2,999
@AkashS04 maybe try to play around EQs in your Nano with your current buds? Donut foams improves bass without losing much clarity since it's open at the center. If you don't want to buy you can try cutting full foams at the center or use a paper puncher and punch holes
Vido Mic was looking or sounding nice with iPod but need to give time to hear. As iPod already has good details, I guess normal foam will also be fine. With my PowerAmp for Android it is an issue it seems.

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #1,450 of 2,999
So Qian25 is also very bassy? More bass than Vido?

I have Yincrow X6, arguabley same level of bass as Vido. X6 much more bass than Qian25. No comparison.

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #1,451 of 2,999
I have Yincrow X6, arguabley same level of bass as Vido. X6 much more bass than Qian25. No comparison.
Which one has the best clarity treble wise? X6 or 25? 25 does have good Bass though?

Jun 8, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #1,452 of 2,999
It's funny with our different buds or ears or probably both. I recently tried my qian 39 as people keep talking nice about them, and to my ears they (with donuts) are the most veiled and muddy buds I have.

+1, I feel exactly the same with my Qian39.

I have the same impression, for now the qian25 is my favorite. Not sure if i want to order another vido but people seem to be raving hard about it.

I find the Qian25 a little aggressive and, maybe, Harsh in treble area... It's like is "too much" for me !

Jun 8, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #1,454 of 2,999
Use them with MP foams

Jun 8, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #1,455 of 2,999

Use them with MP foams

agreed with Golov. you can never have to many VE thin foams

Users who are viewing this thread

Back