Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jun 3, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #1,411 of 2,999
Received the Awei ES10. Fantastic all-around. Separation, mids, bass + treble (hooray no sibilance). I've not had buds in years. Very comfy as Well. Might get some extra foams for Mas Bass.
eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/182329330235
Another great product from Awei. Get them exclamation point.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #1,412 of 2,999
Received the Awei ES10. Fantastic all-around. Separation, mids, bass + treble (hooray no sibilance). I've not had buds in years. Very comfy as Well. Might get some extra foams for Mas Bass.
eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/182329330235
Another great product from Awei. Get them exclamation point.
i'm prefer Awei AWEI_ES12i_EARPHONE_WO_1024x1024.jpg es12

Jun 4, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #1,415 of 2,999
DSC_0033-01.jpeg
The 3 shades of Vido

White one was recabled with the stock Benjie cable + replacement Rhodium jacks. Blue is just a cable switched with a generic cable from Taobao and the Black was a mic version but i switched with KZ cables.

Bass-wise, the White + Rhodium is the winner with the other 2 alot behind. Mid-bass wise i find the Black KZ to be super solid, and the Blue to be the most disappointing.

Trebles: White one is the clear winner again, with better clarity in the highs.

Seperation: The White one also tops the other 2, idk at this point if its a placebo effect but probably due to the trebles being clearer,. The mids transition to trebles is much more defined (I tried Horse Print Dress by Corinne Bailey Rae).

Engage-ness: The White one still tops the other 2. I find the sound to be more forward, and has the aggressiveness and tightness to make the music that i listen to much more engaging (mostly Rock and some Pop) The 2 other sound more laid back, with the Blue one pretty much the worst performing here. Its lacks the compactness and is too airy for my liking. I am not too sure of its the way i tie the cables in the housing that is causing this but i may try to switch the cables when i have the time. The Black KZ is probably 2 steps ahead of the Blue one, and the White one is probably 5 steps ahead of the Black. The Black is less airy, and i kinda like the acoustic feel to the sound, not that the Blue one doesnt has it but this one just does it better.

Overall i am awed by just the jack switch which i will test out on the Blue one and compare it against the Black one to see if it really improves the sound by such margin. The jack switch is like removing the limitator or like adding in a seperator that makes the music more defined. Till then i will just enjoy the White Vido

And lastly, i must say the Vido is just too damn good.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,416 of 2,999

The 3 shades of Vido

White one was recabled with the stock Benjie cable + replacement Rhodium jacks. Blue is just a cable switched with a generic cable from Taobao and the Black was a mic version but i switched with KZ cables.

Bass-wise, the White + Rhodium is the winner with the other 2 alot behind. Mid-bass wise i find the Black KZ to be super solid, and the Blue to be the most disappointing.

Trebles: White one is the clear winner again, with better clarity in the highs.

Seperation: The White one also tops the other 2, idk at this point if its a placebo effect but probably due to the trebles being clearer,. The mids transition to trebles is much more defined (I tried Horse Print Dress by Corinne Bailey Rae).

Engage-ness: The White one still tops the other 2. I find the sound to be more forward, and has the aggressiveness and tightness to make the music that i listen to much more engaging (mostly Rock and some Pop) The 2 other sound more laid back, with the Blue one pretty much the worst performing here. Its lacks the compactness and is too airy for my liking. I am not too sure of its the way i tie the cables in the housing that is causing this but i may try to switch the cables when i have the time. The Black KZ is probably 2 steps ahead of the Blue one, and the White one is probably 5 steps ahead of the Black. The Black is less airy, and i kinda like the acoustic feel to the sound, not that the Blue one doesnt has it but this one just does it better.

Overall i am awed by just the jack switch which i will test out on the Blue one and compare it against the Black one to see if it really improves the sound by such margin. The jack switch is like removing the limitator or like adding in a seperator that makes the music more defined. Till then i will just enjoy the White Vido

And lastly, i must say the Vido is just too damn good.
giphy.gif

Where did you order that rhodium jack from? Link please

Jun 4, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #1,417 of 2,999
Jun 4, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #1,418 of 2,999
Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #1,419 of 2,999
i'm prefer Awei es12
I was looking at them yesterday in my cart I think I posted them awhile ago. My guess is that the bass is more punchy?

Jun 4, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #1,421 of 2,999
Jun 4, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #1,422 of 2,999
BloodyPenguin posted a long time ago in another thread that ES10 and ES11 sound identical, only difference is the mic thing

"BTW, if you are looking for the ES10 and a Microphone, you can get the ES11. Sound is the exact same as I have both."

Is this better than Es10?

Also is Es11 the mic'd version of Es10?

Jun 5, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,425 of 2,999
Today i rotate my earbud collection. After listening I guess i did own an upgrade to qian39 with same layering capabilites. . It's musicmaker tomahawk. But it's not really a budget one. Its around 50usd.

It takes me back though. I really love my Tomahawk. Better clarity and details retrieval. Very open and immersive. Better in dynamics too although not very much in depth because of forward nature it its sound. I stop using it as daily because of stiff cable. I've been told that its just my revision. Other tomahawk had better cable.

Been enjoying it for the last couple of hours. I just want to write here as references for other.

I always go back to the Tomahawk too, when I feel claustrophobic with others earbuds hehe..soundstage is just something else that I do not have find in other earbuds yet and help alot with instrument separation.
What DAP do you use with it?
Ibasso DX90 isn't bad but perhaps too bright, DX80 was better for the Mrz.

I'm really really addict to Quian 39 sweet vocals too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back