Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jun 8, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #1,456 of 2,999
Vido with mic lacks complete details. Just heavy sound I am hearing and no details at all it seems. Still giving it some time. Need to compare with and without mic together to confirm this.

There is a switch on the mic module for jack mismatches depending on the source. Have you tried to change the position of that switch? Vido with mic shouldn't be that bad.

If the standard Vido sounds clearer than Vido with mic I should also back them up. :) Can someone confirm this?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #1,457 of 2,999
Jun 9, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #1,458 of 2,999
There is a switch on the mic module for jack mismatches depending on the source. Have you tried to change the position of that switch? Vido with mic shouldn't be that bad.

If the standard Vido sounds clearer than Vido with mic I should also back them up. :) Can someone confirm this?

I guess I won't be ordering them anymore because of its J shaped cable..... or maybe I can try to search for someone who modes the cable of this earbud.

Jun 9, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #1,459 of 2,999
SHE3800 is better in terms of more Bassy sound but slightly less clarity than Monk+. But overall very good earbuds in $3.5 something.

Despite the Monks likely having better build quality than the SHEs, and the sound being more "open", I consider the SHEs simply more "fun" to listen to, especially if you like EDM or whatever music where you like some punch to the bass. Not that the Monks are "bad" in any way, but they're also sorta boring. Of course this is all entirely subjective, I have seen people saying that the bass with the SHE3800 is "all over the place". But if I had the choice, I'd rather have buds with "lots of bass" and then EQ it down than buds with very little bass that needs +12db at the low end so I can enjoy music as I like it. For $3.15 or something the SHEs are spectacular.

Jun 9, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #1,461 of 2,999
I kind of want enough to fill a small pillow.
Lol
P70609-183743.jpg

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #1,462 of 2,999
Despite the Monks likely having better build quality than the SHEs, and the sound being more "open", I consider the SHEs simply more "fun" to listen to, especially if you like EDM or whatever music where you like some punch to the bass. Not that the Monks are "bad" in any way, but they're also sorta boring. Of course this is all entirely subjective, I have seen people saying that the bass with the SHE3800 is "all over the place". But if I had the choice, I'd rather have buds with "lots of bass" and then EQ it down than buds with very little bass that needs +12db at the low end so I can enjoy music as I like it. For $3.15 or something the SHEs are spectacular.

I agree with you.

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #1,463 of 2,999

That jack is for Volume Control. The other one if you want to speak something so it opens some google app and ask you to speak something. Not sure if this is recorder or what. But music will stop and it will be in mic mode only.

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #1,464 of 2,999
That jack is for Volume Control. The other one if you want to speak something so it opens some google app and ask you to speak something. Not sure if this is recorder or what. But music will stop and it will be in mic mode only.

i think @ozkan meant this one:
1497019642-picsay.jpg

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #1,465 of 2,999
Had bought the "Fengru diy pk2" From CKLewis, which was my worst buy ever. No redeeming qualities what so ever to my ears (I don't know if its the same as niceHCK pk2). I could maybe have burned it in for 100-200 hours, but giving the starting point I did'nt have the imagination to believe in that. This is solely IMO of course.

But it has a nice cable, so I put it on a Vido. Putting these and an original Vido on a good quality Y splitter, going to www.audiocheck.net and listening to some test tones and sweeps with 1 bud from each pair in each ear, reverting the earbuds going into the Y splitter and also reverting the earbuds in the ears it was consistent that: the "new" vido has MUCH more bass 20-50Hz. Upwards from this, the new one has maybe just a tiny bit more level. Somewhere in the bass or mids they are equal, and then there is an area where the original one clearly has more level - probably the upper mids. This is the area that from the beginning bothered me a bit with my pair of Vido. In the highs they seemed similar.

Of course I cannot guarantee that these 2 remaining (destroyed 1 pair..) pairs of Vidos are exactly the same, but these results were consistent when I switched L/R.

I'm almost certain the new cable is the same as this - and its only 3,5$:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-Wire-DIY-Headphone/1727211_32802441039.html?

I much prefer the sound of the recabled ones, and it takes away a bit of the "Monkyness" :dt880smile:

Btw I warmed the earbuds with a hairdryer before opening, my track record shows there ought to be at least 2/3 chance for destroying each of them, so I'm guessing it has an effect :gs1000smile:

Fengru pk2 inside:
IMG_0628.jpg

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,466 of 2,999
It's funny with our different buds or ears or probably both. I recently tried my qian 39 as people keep talking nice about them, and to my ears they (with donuts) are the most veiled and muddy buds I have. But my mic'ed vidos are also unclear and less dynamic compared to the un-mic'ed ones, so there's some consistency right there :o2smile:

I got Qian39's last year. The resolution is very decent and not muddy. Maybe the later copies have different drivers? I love the 39's but get less use out of them these days.

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #1,467 of 2,999
I got Qian39's last year. The resolution is very decent and not muddy. Maybe the later copies have different drivers? I love the 39's but get less use out of them these days.

I might be wrong or use the wrong words, and I'm using the EMX500 a lot so my ears are probably comparing to those whether I want it or not, but the 39 are for sure the ones I can feed the most power without anything getting sharp or uncomfortable of those that I have :k701smile: And they still seem not clear to me at any level. Maybe I need to "acclimatize"

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #1,468 of 2,999
I might be wrong or use the wrong words, and I'm using the EMX500 a lot so my ears are probably comparing to those whether I want it or not, but the 39 are for sure the ones I can feed the most power without anything getting sharp or uncomfortable of those that I have :k701smile: And they still seem not clear to me at any level. Maybe I need to "acclimatize"
I kinda agree with u on this. Usually our ears get used to a sound sig of a bud and when u listen to another, u can find their flaws easily, or rather u can spot what u werent used to easily.

Like for me, recently my ears are used to the Vido and when i switched over to the Qian39, i did notice the muffleness that u've mentioned. But once i gave myself a brain burn in, the Qian sounds absolutely delicious. I think part of the reason why the Qian sounds muffled is probably due to the massive amounts of bass. I'm guessing the spectrum of sound tips towards the lower side.

Correct me if i'm wrong but is the EMX500 slightly bassy too? I have been holding out my bud purchases ever since i gotten the the K300 and Yinman64 as i was kinda disappointed with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back