Absolute best budget earbuds?
Sep 22, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #2,447 of 2,999
I will try thosethin foams when my Datura-X arrives. I actually cannot put things too loosely in my ear or it will fall out. I do have to tuck a bit of it the shell under the tragus to secure it

Ears are so weird looking when you think about it... and they are all so different. Now when I watch TV I am always noticing people's ears... lol.
Ears ARE weird looking! I have had a tragus piercing for many years, and am seriously considering taking it out because it messes with the fit of earbuds and some IEMs. :triportsad:

Sep 22, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #2,448 of 2,999
Which would you guys recommend/what's the difference between Edifier H180 (or P180?) vs Monk Lite (40 ohm)? I wanted another one with the same type of shell that the Qian39's have (which I love) so that's why I wanted to choose between the two.

I know some people recommend the SHE3800 for that shell but pretty sure the ones left on AE are just fakes.

Also, what other budget earbud in your opinion using that PK2 shell (which is also fairly small)? I used to have a pair of Yuin's PK3s that had that shell and it was quite nice though their sound quality was worse than the newer ChiFi earbuds.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #2,449 of 2,999

I found this in my mailbox today :) and it was well worth the wait.

I only had time to run through dozen or so songs (from Kreator, Faithless, Portishead, Metallica, Bad Religion, Chi-A.D. , Nirvana..) and they sound sooo sweet and musical, especialy in the vocal and synth range. Bass is big, strong and deep - I even had to tame it down by couple of 0.something dB between 80 and 250 Hz and give a slight push to the midrange.The soundstage is big and well rounded. 64ohm is not an issue for my old Rockboxed smartphone at all.

This is what I hear from the $8 Snow Lotus 1.0+ right from the box but I expect things to clear up and polish with burn in. I can already hear the highs are better defined compared to EMX500s, which I absolutely loved in the past few months.

I will report back later. Happy listening everyone!

(And I am already considering those RY4S in sexy red at 36% discount...damn!)

Attachments

• snowlotus.jpg
    snowlotus.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
Oct 11, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #2,450 of 2,999
(And I am already considering those RY4S in sexy red at 36% discount...damn!)

Yes, get the RY4S - they are absolutely a "best budget earbud". Most people so far are loving the UE versions found here (see color options 3 and 4). Hopefully the ones you linked to above sound as good!

Oct 12, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #2,451 of 2,999

I found this in my mailbox today :) and it was well worth the wait.

I only had time to run through dozen or so songs (from Kreator, Faithless, Portishead, Metallica, Bad Religion, Chi-A.D. , Nirvana..) and they sound sooo sweet and musical, especialy in the vocal and synth range. Bass is big, strong and deep - I even had to tame it down by couple of 0.something dB between 80 and 250 Hz and give a slight push to the midrange.The soundstage is big and well rounded. 64ohm is not an issue for my old Rockboxed smartphone at all.

This is what I hear from the $8 Snow Lotus 1.0+ right from the box but I expect things to clear up and polish with burn in. I can already hear the highs are better defined compared to EMX500s, which I absolutely loved in the past few months.

I will report back later. Happy listening everyone!

Yes, the Snow Lotus 1.0+ is a steal at $8! I ended up getting 4 pairs for spares and for re-cabling experiments.
It sounds good with/without foams. I find that without foams it kinda sound like VE ZEN 2.0's little brother.

Oct 12, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #2,452 of 2,999
Yes, get the RY4S - they are absolutely a "best budget earbud". Most people so far are loving the UE versions found here (see color options 3 and 4). Hopefully the ones you linked to above sound as good!

There's a new kid on the block: The RY4X.

I asked the seller about the sound signature. He said: "
"The 4X is a new model with a more pronounced bass. 4S comparative equilibrium".

I haven't the RY4S buT I bought the 4X just to try it. Just 3,5€ anyway.

The shell seems different from the usual MX500, maybe it's more confortable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RY4...e-MX500-style-earphone-3-5mm/32903573667.html

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #2,453 of 2,999
There's a new kid on the block: The RY4X.

I asked the seller about the sound signature. He said: "
"The 4X is a new model with a more pronounced bass. 4S comparative equilibrium".

I haven't the RY4S buT I bought the 4X just to try it. Just 3,5€ anyway.

The shell seems different from the usual MX500, maybe it's more confortable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RY4...e-MX500-style-earphone-3-5mm/32903573667.html

That's what was being sold as the MX760 shell, and I've got some, to use for assembling earbuds.
But, when I checked recently, none of the AliExpress vendors are selling that style any longer.
Three shops have what they're calling the MX760, but it's not as slim and elegant looking (and probably not as comfortable as the shell they're using for the RY4X).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MX760-headphone-shell-for-diy-eraphone-headset/32811264808.html

Oct 12, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #2,454 of 2,999
That's what was being sold as the MX760 shell, and I've got some, to use for assembling earbuds.
But, when I checked recently, none of the AliExpress vendors are selling that style any longer.
Three shops have what they're calling the MX760, but it's not as slim and elegant looking (and probably not as comfortable as the shell they're using for the RY4X).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MX760-headphone-shell-for-diy-eraphone-headset/32811264808.html

Are you sure?
The RY4X's shell don't look exactly like the MX760 to me.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read correctly your reply.
So yes, we still don't know where those RY4X shells come from. I'm curious about it .

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #2,455 of 2,999
Oct 12, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #2,457 of 2,999
Oct 29, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #2,458 of 2,999
I want to try BUDS WORLD! Please Help!

Currenty Eying for:
Linsoul BLD 150ohm, NICEHCK EBX, Svara L, Wilsound Mk2 FINAL (online store from PH)
not sure if these BUDS on my list is a really big upgrade of the famous RY4S UE and EMX500 or even the Snow Lotus 1+ or VE Monk + SPC :frowning2:

OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS

BUDGET: below $50
Player: LG V30
Genre: HipHop, Metal, Rock (all rounder i guess?)
Current IEM: Oriveti New Primacy

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #2,459 of 2,999
Sry guys, back to the monks+ again. After a quick listen, i stand corrected for the previous post. I guess i was drunk of something xD their mids are present, i think i was pointing out on the bass instead. They dont punch deep.

Right now i feel they suck (probably due to myself being used to brighter music, IEM and a brighter bud). I am using the **** 4in1 and the Yinman 150 which makes the Monks sound bloated. When i tried switching to Vido which i always had high regards, or the Qian39 they sound super bloated as hell. I guess i need to give another try for the K's 64 that have been sleeping somewhere lol
So which one do you consider to be none bloated?

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #2,460 of 2,999
So which one do you consider to be none bloated?
Wow that's a super old post. Havent bought anything or used anything after gettimg the PT15 and i can only say my ears are used to the PT15. Not much bass, perhaps IEM like amount of bass but very clear which is what i like.

I think other users here or in the earbuds round up thread can help u more as i am really outdated and not reading anything regarding buds since the DIY graphene in NiceHCK came out (prob a year and more)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back