Absolute best budget earbuds?
Sep 8, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #2,431 of 2,999
I’ve said it on the other thread, but for $18 the Faaeal Datura X is a big winner. Better than the Snow Lotus 2.0 which I like. It’s like the TOTL of under $25. Great great build quality with a very comfortable metal shell and stem. IMHO, better than TP16, Nameless, DX3s, PK32, MX500 diy, list goes on. If you’re using a player like the Zishan Z?, you’re in for a treat. Such big sound!

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #2,432 of 2,999
I’ve said it on the other thread, but for $18 the Faaeal Datura X is a big winner. Better than the Snow Lotus 2.0 which I like. It’s like the TOTL of under $25. Great great build quality with a very comfortable metal shell and stem. IMHO, better than TP16, Nameless, DX3s, PK32, MX500 diy, list goes on. If you’re using a player like the Zishan Z?, you’re in for a treat. Such big sound!

Uh oh...now you are making me want the Datura X even though my husband already has one. We do not usually get the same thing as each other...

I already have so many good buds...

What should I do?

Sep 8, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #2,433 of 2,999
Uh oh...now you are making me want the Datura X even though my husband already has one. We do not usually get the same thing as each other...

I already have so many good buds...

What should I do?

ask? barter? steal? :dt880smile:
you should try it first to see if it's worthy to add to your collection. it is one of the best under 20 right now, but you also have higher tier earbuds, so it might be redundant.

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #2,435 of 2,999
Jus t borrow your husband’s. It’ll just take you a minute to see if you want them. I say you will! :)

I did borrow them... took more than a minute! I did want to listen to some complete songs before deciding. I think we ordered a pair for me inthe middle of the night... I had to get the silver as he already has the copper. I will definitely not want the thick foams on them like he has... They were not really fitting correctly for my ears. What do you use? I was thinking thin foams or maybe no foams. Mine cost a couple of pound less than he paid for his:)

ask? barter? steal? :dt880smile:
you should try it first to see if it's worthy to add to your collection. it is one of the best under 20 right now, but you also have higher tier earbuds, so it might be redundant.

You posted this too late to stop me! LOL. I do have enough good buds... I know that. You guys are just too good at hyping them. Spent £13.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #2,436 of 2,999
I did borrow them... took more than a minute! I did want to listen to some complete songs before deciding. I think we ordered a pair for me inthe middle of the night... I had to get the silver as he already has the copper. I will definitely not want the thick foams on them like he has... They were not really fitting correctly for my ears. What do you use? I was thinking thin foams or maybe no foams. Mine cost a couple of pound less than he paid for his:)

You posted this too late to stop me! LOL. I do have enough good buds... I know that. You guys are just too good at hyping them. Spent £13.

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I think you will love it, I'm sure i do, even though i have better sounding ones, but the datura is still great that it is one of my most used to date

Sep 9, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #2,442 of 2,999

I use thin foams (not the ones that came with) the 100 for a $1 type. I don’t shove these in my ears, they sound good even sort of loose, just put in your ears.

Sep 9, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #2,443 of 2,999
Datura is better than snow lotus 2.0? Oo
Im looking at snow lotus and now i'm hesitating. And I could get datura far less than aliexpress + faster shipping since its from local seller.

Hmmm....

Sep 9, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #2,444 of 2,999
I use thin foams (not the ones that came with) the 100 for a $1 type. I don’t shove these in my ears, they sound good even sort of loose, just put in your ears.

I will try thosethin foams when my Datura-X arrives. I actually cannot put things too loosely in my ear or it will fall out. I do have to tuck a bit of it the shell under the tragus to secure it

Ears are so weird looking when you think about it... and they are all so different. Now when I watch TV I am always noticing people's ears... lol.

ear_outside_300_myVMC.jpg

Sep 9, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #2,445 of 2,999
Snow Lotus is very good but cable is heavy and I can only use them with a shirt clip, The Datura-X has a really nice cable and metal housings. Snow Lotus has more impactful bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back