Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jul 7, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #1,667 of 2,999
IEM's sorry for confusion. I did try monoprice 8320 which made it painful to remove the helmet and wouldn't seal at times due to sweat. I think your right about more bass from my experience, I'll try the MEMT X5.
In IEMs, you will hear Bass only if you insert it deep in your ear canal. With Earbud, even wearing loose will give you some bass. Or I would say mos of the bass which it has. Only difference you will see if you press them in your ear.

Jul 7, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #1,668 of 2,999
Did you buy Ollivan-K64? How is the sound?
Not received yet, but I think some headier try them and don't find them bad...I find this little sound description from ''weedophile'' page:

''K64 (white cables)
Bright, the mids and bass lacks body, but enjoyable for certain type of music. Hence not really versatile.''

Jul 7, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #1,669 of 2,999
Are the Benjies typically hard to drive? Based on their impedance they shouldn't be, but I have to put my Geekout v2 infinity on the second gain setting to get a normal listening volume. The low gain setting provides more than enough volume for all my other buds. Did I get a bad pair?

Jul 8, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #1,670 of 2,999
Are the Benjies typically hard to drive? Based on their impedance they shouldn't be, but I have to put my Geekout v2 infinity on the second gain setting to get a normal listening volume. The low gain setting provides more than enough volume for all my other buds. Did I get a bad pair?
Mine like proper amping too, and I have other 32ohm earbud that are capricious about amping need...so if well amped they sound good I don't think you got a bad pair. Perhaps the sound pressure is low, did not check the specs about these.

Jul 8, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,671 of 2,999
Mine like proper amping too, and I have other 32ohm earbud that are capricious about amping need...so if well amped they sound good I don't think you got a bad pair. Perhaps the sound pressure is low, did not check the specs about these.
Thanks, I will spend some more time with them then. I am tempted to hook them up to my Cavalli Liquid Gold........ they'd certainly be well amed! :ksc75smile: I wonder if it would damage them? I'm tempted to try it for the sake of science.

Jul 8, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,672 of 2,999
Thanks, I will spend some more time with them then. I am tempted to hook them up to my Cavalli Liquid Gold........ they'd certainly be well amed! :ksc75smile: I wonder if it would damage them? I'm tempted to try it for the sake of science.
Wow, it's what we call spoiled earbud! Free earbud that get a 3000$ amp just for him is quite a proof that this Benjie earbud aren't normal stock one in term of sound potential, if you do not turn the sound to max I think they will not explode! I use mine with ibasso at max gain and volume quite high too but they sound okay with the benjie wich is not a very powerfull DAP (can't listen to Koss Portapro with it for example).

Jul 8, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #1,673 of 2,999
Wow, it's what we call spoiled earbud! Free earbud that get a 3000$ amp just for him is quite a proof that this Benjie earbud aren't normal stock one in term of sound potential, if you do not turn the sound to max I think they will not explode! I use mine with ibasso at max gain and volume quite high too but they sound okay with the benjie wich is not a very powerfull DAP (can't listen to Koss Portapro with it for example).
I think I will try it, LOL. They were $9 on Ali, so not too big of a loss if something goes horribly wrong. The LAu is frickin' loud........ I keep the volume at <20% on low gain even for planar cans.

Jul 8, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #1,674 of 2,999
Okay, I tried it. The Benjies are crazy hard to drive...... I had to set the the amp to ~60% on low gain to get a decent listening volume. For comparison, I also tried the Vidos - they only required ~10%.

Impressions: The bass on the Benjies sounds awesome, but the vocals sound strained, recessed and unnatural........ maybe this is what happens before they start smoking and explode? :L3000: The Vidos on the other hand scaled really well! Nice V-shaped sound with a nice soundstage and powerful but clear bass.

upload_2017-7-8_12-16-57.png

Jul 8, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #1,676 of 2,999
I recentely buyed Vido fron NCK ... They sound not very bass. Different the sound I would expect. It follow the line of Senfter PT15 (that I have). Vido needs to be listen for many hours before getting their best? Is there any other best budget earbuds to purchase? Thanks

Jul 8, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #1,678 of 2,999
Jul 8, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #1,679 of 2,999
I recentely buyed Vido fron NCK ... They sound not very bass. Different the sound I would expect. It follow the line of Senfter PT15 (that I have). Vido needs to be listen for many hours before getting their best? Is there any other best budget earbuds to purchase? Thanks

There might be something wrong with your pair if they don't sound bassy out of the package. Burn in won't make them bassier. I don't have a **** pt15 to compare to, but I didn't think people thought of the pt15 as bassy. Are you saying your pt15 has more bass than your Vido? If you are looking for another budget earbud with good bass I would recommend the Edifier H180. I have heard good things about the Yincrow x6 and EMX500 as well, but I haven't got my hands on those yet.

Jul 9, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,680 of 2,999
There might be something wrong with your pair if they don't sound bassy out of the package. Burn in won't make them bassier. I don't have a **** pt15 to compare to, but I didn't think people thought of the pt15 as bassy. Are you saying your pt15 has more bass than your Vido? If you are looking for another budget earbud with good bass I would recommend the Edifier H180. I have heard good things about the Yincrow x6 and EMX500 as well, but I haven't got my hands on those yet.

I second the thought of the Vido having an issue if it's similar bass-wise to the PT15, as that's not bassy whatsoever. I'd personally take the EMX500 over H180, but the H180's very comfortable, has a rather fun sound to it, and I kind of like supporting Edifier a little as they make some really interesting products. The Yincrow's main advantage is the 45 degree jack it has, but I'd still put the EMX above the rest mentioned if you're looking for bass in an earbud, it's very talented.

Hopefully the issue isn't a fake Vido, and I hate to be the one to bring it up as I've had people on Head-fi make me paranoid about something I've bought by being quick to cry fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back