Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jun 30, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,636 of 2,999
Today I tried listening to the Edifier H180, in a noisy place (shop sell, so I turn max volume of phone) and found the sound signature (many similar places and some higher places of music handling better than SHE3800 - bass not too booming). Since it's genuine, the build quality is good and solid but the wires are softer (do not know if it's better?). Edifier H180P (with Mic is available) but because the store is not available, I do not know if the sound signature is similar to the Edifier H180 or not.
This is the company's website: http://www.edifier.com/
(Then I went to another place with more assorted earbuds and tried many other bass with more bass but did not find the same.)
(P/S: The reason I still like the PHILIPS SHE3800 is not that there is no better one but because it performs very well in meditation tracks (zen song or ambient meditation music type) of all kinds (there is a subtlety in the vulgarity, there is vulgarity in subtlety, some lack of detail but open spaces of extended space, smoothness, light and dark harmony ... etc)

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,637 of 2,999
Today I tried listening to the Edifier H180, in a noisy place (shop sell, so I turn max volume of phone) and found the sound signature (many similar places and some higher places of music handling better than SHE3800 - bass not too booming). Since it's genuine, the build quality is good and solid but the wires are softer (do not know if it's better?). Edifier H180P (with Mic is available) but because the store is not available, I do not know if the sound signature is similar to the Edifier H180 or not.
This is the company's website: http://www.edifier.com/
(Then I went to another place with more assorted earbuds and tried many other bass with more bass but did not find the same.)
(P/S: The reason I still like the PHILIPS SHE3800 is not that there is no better one but because it performs very well in meditation tracks (zen song or ambient meditation music type) of all kinds (there is a subtlety in the vulgarity, there is vulgarity in subtlety, some lack of detail but open spaces of extended space, smoothness, light and dark harmony ... etc)

hmmm..reading this makes me want to give the SHE3800 a second chance :smile:
i'll try using them to meditation music like your suggestion then

Jun 30, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,638 of 2,999
I like it with this albums: Sverre Knut Johansen - Zen New Age (2014), Asher Quinn (Asha) -The Blessing and the Bliss (2015) or [Guqin] Wu Na - Each Leaf Has A Life (2010) or [Guzheng] Jiang Xiao-Qing--Breathing Spaces (2002) or Jean-Paul Soares - Om Mani Padme Hum (2006) or some albums by Steve Roach...
(Of course, when we listen need some of the principles of meditation, we must discard the thought that it is good or bad, open the volume just enough, sit comfortably, relax the whole body, only Incorporating into the flow of sound as we ourselves is sound (not paying special attention to any technique of expression (bass, treble ...) and ... well ... weird ... everything else is different ... and you smile...) because so far we have been listening to music with consciousness so now is the time to try subconsciously?...
...And I'm sure your feeling will have as many translations as this poem, at here :)jecklinsmile:):
http://www.carlsensei.com/classical/index.php/text/view/1

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #1,639 of 2,999
I like it with this albums: Sverre Knut Johansen - Zen New Age (2014), Asher Quinn (Asha) -The Blessing and the Bliss (2015) or [Guqin] Wu Na - Each Leaf Has A Life (2010) or [Guzheng] Jiang Xiao-Qing--Breathing Spaces (2002) or Jean-Paul Soares - Om Mani Padme Hum (2006) or some albums by Steve Roach...
(Of course, when we listen need some of the principles of meditation, we must discard the thought that it is good or bad, open the volume just enough, sit comfortably, relax the whole body, only Incorporating into the flow of sound as we ourselves is sound (not paying special attention to any technique of expression (bass, treble ...) and ... well ... weird ... everything else is different ... and you smile...) because so far we have been listening to music with consciousness so now is the time to try subconsciously?...
...And I'm sure your feeling will have as many translations as this poem, at here :)jecklinsmile:):
http://www.carlsensei.com/classical/index.php/text/view/1
I liked SHE3800 very much but unfortunately they broke down in a month or so. May be because I am using PowerAmp with Extreme Bass preset and 100% Bass & Treble with around 15% Stereo Width setting and more than 60% AMP setting. Is there any other earbud which is very tough but has SHE3800 kind of Boomy sound but mic version is also there?

Jun 30, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #1,640 of 2,999
I think with the current quality they are only suitable for normal listening without attaching to other advanced devices and the mic version is no better than the regular version. I'm still experimenting with other types ...Tomorrow I get the Edifier H180 (black) to continue testing (today they are only white).
(Re: I have tested the Edifier H180 (black) and still see the SHE3800 fit the music for meditation, it performed quite well the sound of the instruments such as Didjeridoo, Guqin, Guzheng, Tibetan Bowls, Drums ... and Nature Sounds. ... Some of its imperfect details give us more space to focus on other intentions better.)

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #1,641 of 2,999
Hi everyone, I would like to ask about your experience with SHE3800 and Vido if we hear this song [--- ---] (it's one of the types of sound that I'm still looking for), now I'm very interested in Vido and i want to compare them in terms of space, air, sparkling life of bell ring ting tong, the smooth transitions of distant and near distant sounds, and their handling of glare and warmth as well as height and The depth of sound but the most important is still the overall feeling in terms of your personal emotions about energy they effect for you, very thank you for your interest.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,642 of 2,999
Hi everyone, I would like to ask about your experience with SHE3800 and Vido if we hear this song [--- ---] (it's one of the types of sound that I'm still looking for), now I'm very interested in Vido and i want to compare them in terms of space, air, sparkling life of bell ring ting tong, the smooth transitions of distant and near distant sounds, and their handling of glare and warmth as well as height and The depth of sound but the most important is still the overall feeling in terms of your personal emotions about energy they effect for you, very thank you for your interest.

I've listened to your particular song with both vido and the SHE3800, and here is my thought about them, both from technical point of view, and my personal feel when listening to the song:

the bells on the Vido is more sparkly and bright, the flute sound is more distant, and the panning of the synth pad is more pronounced and noticeable. soundstage is more clear and have more separation.

with the SHE3800, the overall sound is warmer, the panning pad is less noticeable, soundstage is more blended together and felt closer.

now, for my subjective feelings when i hear them.... i prefer the SHE3800. with the vido, i tend to listen to the song and analyze the instruments, their mix, etc. with the SHE3800, the moment the music starts, i want to close my eyes and just sit there, not really concentrating on specific thing, letting the music flow around me. little things that are noticeable with the vido makes me concentrate on them. i tend to open my eyes while listening to the vido. ooh, i also much prefer using the SHE without foams for this experience.

Jul 2, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,643 of 2,999
I've listened to your particular song with both vido and the SHE3800, and here is my thought about them, both from technical point of view, and my personal feel when listening to the song:

the bells on the Vido is more sparkly and bright, the flute sound is more distant, and the panning of the synth pad is more pronounced and noticeable. soundstage is more clear and have more separation.

with the SHE3800, the overall sound is warmer, the panning pad is less noticeable, soundstage is more blended together and felt closer.

now, for my subjective feelings when i hear them.... i prefer the SHE3800. with the vido, i tend to listen to the song and analyze the instruments, their mix, etc. with the SHE3800, the moment the music starts, i want to close my eyes and just sit there, not really concentrating on specific thing, letting the music flow around me. little things that are noticeable with the vido makes me concentrate on them. i tend to open my eyes while listening to the vido. ooh, i also much prefer using the SHE without foams for this experience.
Thank you very much, I think trying out the best budget earbuds is fun and I mean to say, experiencing them on specific genres is equally satisfying. Good day.

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #1,644 of 2,999
Thank you very much, I think trying out the best budget earbuds is fun and I mean to say, experiencing them on specific genres is equally satisfying. Good day.

your welcome. thank you also for suggesting to try this kind of music. i would still suggest you to buy the vido though.. because sound is subjective, you might have a different taste and ended up liking the vido more. also you might want to try some budget IEMs like the urbanfun, it might fit the purpose for this kind of application better

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #1,645 of 2,999

your welcome. thank you also for suggesting to try this kind of music. i would still suggest you to buy the vido though.. because sound is subjective, you might have a different taste and ended up liking the vido more. also you might want to try some budget IEMs like the urbanfun, it might fit the purpose for this kind of application better

Good posts. I'm not familiar with the SHE3800, but after reading this, I think I'll get them.

But as far as the Vido's are concerned, I honestly kind of love them, and that is not even considering their ridiculously low price. I really love their large soundstage and excellent imaging. Very cool. Combine that with their bass and timbre, and like I said, love affair!

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #1,646 of 2,999
Good posts. I'm not familiar with the SHE3800, but after reading this, I think I'll get them.

But as far as the Vido's are concerned, I honestly kind of love them, and that is not even considering their ridiculously low price. I really love their large soundstage and excellent imaging. Very cool. Combine that with their bass and timbre, and like I said, love affair!

for that specific usage, i'm also surprised that the SHE3800 is more suited than the vido (thank you @tranchung for mentioning this topic). on more general music listening usage, the Edifier H180 (and more so the Vido) is the better choice for me.

Jul 4, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #1,647 of 2,999
If you like listening to sound with energy imagination, you can read: Healing Visualizations: Creating Health Through Imagery by Dr. Gerald Epstein or Ki in Daily Life by Koichi Tohei ... Along with finding out about your subconscious, read:The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy ... searching perfect Instrumental music and start a new experience but with your own initiative and exploration interests at every where and every time (These books are not related to sounds but involve imaginative techniques, breathing exercises and the way we feel about energy (KI).) And you can comfortably create your own discretion by listening to music combined with these imaginative techniques (listen to music with creativity and gain greater benefits)

Notice: In some cases there may be songs you find combine with your imagination that can put you in a self-hypnosis state so to safe i recomend you not hear them while driving, or use machines that require safety and attention during operation.

Sample music: Massimo Claus - Ari Nari Tonari (Diamonds of Sutra) [english version]

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #1,648 of 2,999
Recommendation please, under $35 and needs to fit comfortably under a moto helmet (press your palm against your ear enough to bend the lobe without pressure on the bud). I prefer neutral sound and good separation, isolation is a plus.

Jul 4, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #1,650 of 2,999
Can I ask some some of you guys time and effort.

I'd appreciate if anybody can listen to song from Libera - "Voca Me" and report the findings. Out of all my budget eardbud I own only qian39 passed this test. The test is how good can the earbud manage the intro vocals without creating some distortion / vibration in mids or upper mids frequency?

I already tried
Qian39. Almost no distort
Qian25 slight
Vido distort
Philips she3800 distort
Monk+ (don't have anymore)
TY 32 distort
TY 320ohm. Also distort

If you guys have eb200, diy pk2 or any other earbud please try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back