Above & Beyond, FiiO 2019 Spring Launch Event, March 16, Music Player, Amplifier, Earphones, Accessories
Mar 17, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #318 of 460
tad bit racist

Not sure it is. You have to jump through quite a few hoops over here to buy music legitimately (not sure if this is true for iTunes, but certainly if you're not on Apple it's true)
VPNs, buying Google store credit on TaoBao etc etc. And then those are full blown Western prices for a population which grew accustomed to VERY cheap CDs.
It's considerably easier (and obviously free to the consumer) to torrent, and it's unrestricted here. Not advocating piracy, just saying...
I would also put forward that Chinese people are not the only people in China.

Still not sure what that statement from Fiio actually means though...

Mar 17, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #319 of 460
On a different note, very interested to see that both the M11 and the FH7 reproduce sound both below and above the limits of human hearing....

End of May can't come soon enough for me!

Mar 17, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #321 of 460
tad bit racist

Sorry if it sounded that way, i know it because it is the same in my Home Country....

Reasonably priced streaming services like tidal, apple, Spotify and Netflix are the main maybe 90% of the non pirated consumption because the pricing is very reasonable, a starbucks coffe price and some chage

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #322 of 460
2019 - So chuffed to see Fiio doing super well in recent times, these new audio products are simply beautiful to look at!

My first ever setup many years ago, what an entry in to this crazy hobby! (E17/AD700) God...kinda miss them days! :joy:

IMAG0273.jpg

Looking at grabbing an M6 but might hold out for the M11, looking foward to the reviews of their new Flagship IEM, looks like a beast!

Mar 17, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #323 of 460
Well well, will it work with two 1 TH sd cards ? What about eq, will it have a good one ?

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #326 of 460
What about eq, will it have a good one ?

This is the big question for me. The EQ on the M9 sucks. Ideally we could get access to Viper tools or some other parametric eq or, failing that, root the device and put one on.

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #327 of 460
I tried the FH5 and it was pretty good, but my Campfire Audio Andromedas blow it away by far.
Well I would certainly hope so...

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #328 of 460
Well I would certainly hope so...
At nearly over four and a quarter times the price, I doubt they are that many times better in sound reproduction.

I applaud Campfire Audio and wish I could afford their fine products and skilled workers who make them. As a former Union Journeyman Mechanic I used Snap-on and Mac Tools, but I could have easily used Sears Craftsman tools as well. :)

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #329 of 460
Same! They look really great. I just wish I hadn't bought the Q5 so recently....oh well, that's technology.

I had actually purchased a Q5 two weeks ago. I was at the very end of my Amazon return period so I've initiated that. I'll wait to see comparisons between the Q5s and the M11. Originally I was stacking a Q5 with an iPod touch so that I got the super iOS UX and could sync with my playlists in iTunes. The M11 will have to be VERY good to get me to give up my iTunes organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back