Above & Beyond, FiiO 2019 Spring Launch Event, March 16, Music Player, Amplifier, Earphones, Accessories
Mar 17, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #346 of 460
Ibasso it04 maybe 50 out of 100 but its not like my taste.

Big, small, double, tripple, foam, hybrid all tips tried with better fit. Sorry nothing special in FH5. You don't have to spend much just grab a ibasso IT01 and its miles ahead than Fh5. Fh5 is best till now from Fiio but average in comparison with other IEMS.
That’s your opinion and you’re welcome to it. The FH5 is the best IEM I’ve used to date, and even though I mainly listen to my desktop headphones, which of course are in a different league (to the FH5 and Andromedas), the FH5 never leaves me wanting.

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #347 of 460
That’s your opinion and you’re welcome to it. The FH5 is the best IEM I’ve used to date, and even though I mainly listen to my desktop headphones, which of course are in a different league (to the FH5 and Andromedas), the FH5 never leaves me wanting.
I have used FH5, Andromeda, Ibasso It01, CTM DA Vinci X, Ibasso IT04
FH5 would score only 20 out of 100. Where Andromeda 80 out of 100. For higher frequency part FH5 should get a big Zero yes Zero. For soundstage it should get minus 10. Bass is slow like hell in FH5 too.
it's just problem with fit & seal. For sure

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #348 of 460
Have you heard the Andromedas?
No, and I do not doubt their audio quality; my comment was on a price to performance ratio.

I do have: 1More 3 Driver, Fiio's fa1, fh5, fa7, and sony mdr-1am2. The price ratio between them does not correspond to the audio reproduction ratio for my hearing.

I am retired and live on a fixed income; I need to more prudent about my expenditures.

Edit: The price of my listed earphones are less than the price of the Campfire iem, and my knowledge and experience was better served with my particular choice.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #349 of 460
I have used FH5, Andromeda, Ibasso It01, CTM DA Vinci X, Ibasso IT04
FH5 would score only 20 out of 100. Where Andromeda 80 out of 100. For higher frequency part FH5 should get a big Zero yes Zero. For soundstage it should get minus 10. Bass is slow like hell in FH5 too.

20 out of 100 for such a well regarded IEM? Andromeda 4 times better? Hard to take such statements seriously. Surely you must be overreacting.

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #353 of 460
I just don't get why people get in these heated arguments. It's well known sound preference is subjective so why do people continue to try and push their sound preference on to others is beyond me. Best thing to do is find a reviewer who likes a similar sound as you do and go with their recommendation. Or buy IEM's and be the judge for yourself and sell off what you don't like.

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #354 of 460
Its my opinion, their is nothing overreacting. Tried more than 50 IEMS from 100-1000 $ and still saying FH5 is average.
You come across as a bit silly and eccentric, hyperbole is a hell of a thing on HeadFi!

FH5's albeit not on the level of Andro, can definitely compete. That being said - if I had to - I'd keep my frost white andros vs FH5 since it's already in my stable. But if you gave me a budget for personal audio, I'd rather get an FH5 + upgraded cable and pocket the rest of the money :)

Or splurge and get Shure electrostats or even Z1R's which are on another tier altogether compared to the market offerings. That's what I use.

Everyone's experience varies, but don't be silly, this forum lacks common sense these days.

I'm pretty high on the FH7, FiiO's been doing good with iem's lately

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 17, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #356 of 460
Ok , we're doing the chest beating are we? I'll join in. Andromeda's not worth their price. No iem is worth that much. Campfire is generally overrated. Fiio stuff generally outperform their price.

Just curious, have you listened to the Andromedas or any other Campfire Audio iems, or are you just against that price range in general?

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #357 of 460
Just curious, have you listened to the Andromedas or any other Campfire Audio iems, or are you just against that price range in general?
I have owned the Andromeda, and Dorado. I've heard every Campfire from Polaris upwards. My point is diminishing returns applys to iems more so than any other HiFi gear. For the Andromeda price you can get an lcd _ ,2 which blows it out of the water for sq and build materials.

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #358 of 460
I have owned the Andromeda, and Dorado. I've heard every Campfire from Polaris upwards. My point is diminishing returns applys to iems more so than any other HiFi gear. For the Andromeda price you can get an lcd _ ,2 which blows it out of the water for sq and build materials.

That’s a fair point, I just wanted to know if you’d heard them or were just against them on principle. And while I agree wholeheartedly about diminishing returns, the Andros just ticked the boxes on everything for me in terms of how they sound, so I’ve been thrilled with them.

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #359 of 460
That’s a fair point, I just wanted to know if you’d heard them or were just against them on principle. And while I agree wholeheartedly about diminishing returns, the Andros just ticked the boxes on everything for me in terms of how they sound, so I’ve been thrilled with them.
I get you. I'm just wondering why they need to cost so much considering you can get so much more in terms of sq experience and value of construction materials in even midfi headphones. Fiio iems however are worth it.
A previous poster was making big bold statements, Im just putting a little perspective on things.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #360 of 460
I get you. I'm just wondering why they need to cost so much considering you can get so much more in terms of sq experience and value of construction materials in even midfi headphones. Fiio iems however are worth it.

Fiio are definitely a great value. In fact, before I got my Andros, my favorite iems up to that point were my F9 Pro. Loved their sound, and worth way more than $139.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back