A more portable M50?
Aug 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

donthurtme

New Head-Fier
I am looking for headphones that sound very similar to the M50s but are portable. Did a lot of research and it seems that sound wise the M50s are it but I commute a lot so I need a more portable set of headphones.

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 4
Not really possible

M50's in their own are very portable for full sized.

Swivel cups, check
Fold in, check
Fold flat, check
Around neck, check
Styles of cable, check

About the next step up would be like a Denon or Ultrasone.

TMA-1 might be what you're looking for, but they really aren't a big step up.

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #3 of 4
I've been eyeing the TMA-1s but the lack of treble clarity is too much. I love hip-hop, jazz, and dubstep but I need headphones that also sound good with classical, rock, etc.

The HD25-1 ii are also an option but the lack of soundstage is a disappointment. Even though the M50 aren't huge, their too big for daily commutes (at least for me).

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I've been eyeing the TMA-1s but the lack of treble clarity is too much. I love hip-hop, jazz, and dubstep but I need headphones that also sound good with classical, rock, etc.

The HD25-1 ii are also an option but the lack of soundstage is a disappointment. Even though the M50 aren't huge, their too big for daily commutes (at least for me).

That's why I said there isn't a difference. Your cups swivel to lay on your chest. The HD25 and TMA-1 are stiff and would cause more problem.

The next step is full portable like a Koss Portapro if you can stand the loss of isolation or IEM's

My portable is my Grado SR80i.
I run around town with it everywhere I go no matter what. I might change it up with my Portapros and I always carry my M1's on me.
The isolation and leakage isn't a problem because I'm not self delusional thinking that people care about what I do. Actually, the isolation helps when walking around, I can hear cars and sounds so I don't do anything stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back