$50 burning a hole in my pocket... What do you suggest I add to my little collection? O_o
Jun 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #16 of 22
How did you mod the HA-S160?

Jun 6, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #17 of 22
How did you mod the HA-S160?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/434561/diy-jvc-ha-s150-fullness-modification

I used a little bit of Polyfill I had laying around. I did it soon after I opened the package and before any burn in so I cant really tell you of any A/B comparisons. I just know they sound good to my ears fo $12. :)

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #18 of 22
The HA-S160 sounds good without any modification. I do want to change the earpads though for comfort reasons, but don't know which others will fit. I guess using velour or foam pads would cut down the bass, but make the headphone better for using while exercising.

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #19 of 22
Got bored and decided to play around with the HA-S600's to try and improve the sound to my liking.

I found the highs muffled compared to the other two JVC phone I just purchashed. So they were by far my least favorite.

First I decided to remove the foam covering the driver...
IMAG0140.jpg

A little prying with my fingernail I was able to remove them without damaging them.. They were held on by sticky tape.
Oh look!! Three screw holes. Might as well open them up and see what's behind there...
IMAG0141.jpg

Decided to super glue a little Polyfill back there for experimental pourposes. I'm no audio expert but this seems to be a common mod for audio enclosures. So I said what the hell right? O_o
IMAG0142.jpg

Also remember seeing a previous Head-Fi post from musiclover666 about taping up one of the dual "ports" to tame and tighten up the bass... I'm game. Busted out the Scotch tape and did the damn thing. O_O
IMAG0143.jpg

Put everything back together. I also reinstalled the foam dust cover but cut out a hole where the driver was. Looked better than leaving it completely off.. :xf_eek:
IMAG0145.jpg

Result? Muffled highs? Nope. Not anymore. They were exactly what I wanted in the first place. Bass was still strong but seemed tighter and less bloated. Very fun sounding phones. Very happy with the results. :)

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #21 of 22
You can try the Hisound Crystals or Superlux HD668B. Both are very good value, Superlux is actually amazing value.

Will have to look at those. This is an very addiicting hobby.. Just ordered the Panasonic RP-HTF600 and the Koss KSC75 with the Parts Express handband to stick them on.. :xf_eek:

Jun 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #22 of 22
O_o

New toys are always fun.. While I enjoy the Panasonic RP-HTF600 I seem to enjoy listening to my Koss KSC75 with the Parts Express headband mod and Sennheiser PX200 earpads more...

It just that something so old and ghetto looking shouldn't sound so damn good... :xf_eek:

IMAG0170.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back